News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-14-13, 04:13 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Chris Bosh fined $5K for flopping

Chris Bosh Flop Heat-Spurs Game 4 - YouTube

2013 NBA Finals -- Chris Bosh fined $5,000 for flopping - ESPN

I just revisited Game 4. Besides the Spurs playing Ole Defense, There were some awful calls. The Spurs need to get some Nasty. The Refs will not give the Spurs anything.

I believe in Pop. In Pop We Trust!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-14-13, 04:22 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Got what he deserved!!!
Can't stand Bosh!

Thanks Pop!!!

GREAT Job NBA Officials on call right!

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-14-13, 04:36 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Fining players does not solve the issue of flopping. If the result of the game, especially in the playoffs, is a win I'm sure any player would gladly fork up the 5K. There needs to be an in game penalty to ensure that the flopping stops. I think the most effective is a technical foul. The head office can rescind the T later if they deem it a wrong call, but the Heat are the main offenders for flops. I can't stand that they are getting away with all these calls.
Old 06-14-13, 04:36 PM
Herman Cain of the board

5K that's it?
Old 06-14-13, 04:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Chris Bosh made $17,540,000 last year. A $5,000 fine to him is like a $15 fine to someone making the median salary in the United States. With how much is on the line, that's nowhere near enough to change a player's play style.

What the NBA needs is video review combined with a technical foul call for flops. A flop doesn't have to be called right when it happens on the floor by the floor refs, but the video review refs should be able to buzz down within X minutes and announce a flop and award the other team a technical free throw at their next dead ball. In the final 5 minutes of the game, play should be stopped long enough for the video review refs to make the determination.
Old 06-14-13, 05:11 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
Fining players does not solve the issue of flopping. If the result of the game, especially in the playoffs, is a win I'm sure any player would gladly fork up the 5K. There needs to be an in game penalty to ensure that the flopping stops. I think the most effective is a technical foul. The head office can rescind the T later if they deem it a wrong call, but the Heat are the main offenders for flops. I can't stand that they are getting away with all these calls.
It also lets the officials know that player X has been deemed a flopper. Future calls should be harder to come by.

And, seriously, any Spurs/Manu fan who complains about other teams' flops....

By the way, Duncan's move was a moving screen.
Old 06-15-13, 09:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
It also lets the officials know that player X has been deemed a flopper. Future calls should be harder to come by.

And, seriously, any Spurs/Manu fan who complains about other teams' flops....

By the way, Duncan's move was a moving screen.
Manu did hav some pretty classic flops. Seems like he hasn't done it for years though... That was then, this is now. I'm not sure how Chalmers doesn't get fined every game. The moving screen call has turned into the carry call... Just rarely happens now.... Timmy moves on practically all of his screens. Pretty much every team in the NBA does it though. Watch Miami when they set the high screen... Its like prostitution in Vegas... It's not legal, but it's tolerated.
Old 06-15-13, 10:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Old 06-15-13, 10:56 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Its really up to the referees to punish these guys long term on the court. I agree a $5000 fine means nothing but punish the player and the team gets punished in the long run. Anyone remember when your parents or teacher said someone better come forward and admit it or everyone gets punished?

"No soup for you, one year"!
Old 06-16-13, 01:18 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Did anyone see Bosh jawing off with court side San Antonio fans in game 4?
Old 06-16-13, 03:07 PM
Herman Cain of the board

so it cost Bosh a movie ticket awesome lol
Old 06-16-13, 04:10 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Did anyone see Bosh jawing off with court side San Antonio fans in game 4?
No but I believe Bosh FLOPPED last game on Manu at the first half but he got the foul on that!!!

I think even if it is a change.
But if the same player repeated that...

Here are the rules on flopping:

Any player who flops during the regular-season game would first be warned, followed by fines in increments of $5,000 for each successive flop during the season. The fines would increase to $30,000 for a fifth offense, when a suspension would also be considered.
In the playoffs, players are fined $5,000 for their first flopping offense, $10,000 for a second, $15,000 for a third, and $30,000 for a fourth. Any player who flops five or more times could be suspended.

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!