News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-14-13, 02:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Man, how did they even DO that?

I mean, I know the Heat were destined for a breakout game. We held their Big 3 below 20 points for three games in a row. No team has done that since the Miami Big 3 were created three years ago.

But still. To dominate so hard that the NBA gives them two Finals wins, and retroactively strips one of the Spurs wins? To play so well that they took a 2-1 deficit and turned it into a 3-1 lead, completely overturning every rule and guideline in the book? Now that's impressive.

...wait, you mean they didn't do that? You mean the series is tied 2-2? Just like 2003 and 2005? You mean the Spurs' record of never trailing in a Finals is intact?

Oh. With all the doom and gloom around here and the talk about trading players and adjusting lineups and how desperate moves are the only way we even stand a chance, I would've thought we were actually in a dire situation.

We're three days removed from the third-biggest Finals win of all time. Keep calm, make adjustments, and move on. We're OK.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-14-13, 03:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Where's the "like" button?

Go spurs go.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-14-13, 06:09 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Tony looked tight in the second half. The hammy must have gotten cold at the half, because he was pretty awesome in the first half. I'm looking for his first complete game in game 5.
Old 06-14-13, 08:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Muchas gracias, Joyner. "Like" also.
Old 06-14-13, 11:02 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

GOOD POST!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-15-13, 10:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Good post, but honestly if the heat play like that again we won't win.... They are hard pressing at the three point line and wade was playing great help d on the roll. We can't get the ball to the open man fast enough..

We have to play more agressive on d, Manu has to turn back the clock, we have to run some, and hope wade doesn't have any more games like this one
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 06-15-13, 11:48 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Give Eric Spoelstra some Credit!!!! POP MUST COUNTER NOW!!!!

Give Spoelstra Credit

He went with a smaller line-up in game 4 and didn't use two traditional big men together the entire game. Udonis Haslem only played 15 minutes off the bench, and Chris Anderson didn't get a single horn. According to ESPNs research in games 1-3 the Heat had two bigs on the floor together 35% of the time. That's a pretty significant change.

READ MORE HERE
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-15-13, 12:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Winner of Game 5 wins the series.
Old 06-15-13, 01:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Give Spoelstra Credit

He went with a smaller line-up in game 4 and didn't use two traditional big men together the entire game. Udonis Haslem only played 15 minutes off the bench, and Chris Anderson didn't get a single horn. According to ESPNs research in games 1-3 the Heat had two bigs on the floor together 35% of the time. That's a pretty significant change.

READ MORE HERE
That's fascinating, thanks for sharing that.

That actually is indicative of a couple different things, though. A move that drastic suggests some level desperation on the part of the Heat. It isn't the "kitchen sink" level where they just throw anything they can in hopes of something good happening; it's more controlled than that. Still, though, it's a dramatic shift from what they've been doing all series and all playoffs long. They recognized that their current gameplan wasn't going to win, so they shifted it dramatically.

From the Spurs perspective, that's also good news. The Heat won Game 4 on the strength of a scheme that the Spurs never had a chance to prepare for. The Spurs didn't make any so drastic adjustments for Game 4, meaning that the Heat were at a clear advantage -- to use a crude analogy, the Heat knew the Spurs were going to throw 'Rock', so they switched from throwing 'Scissors' to throwing 'Paper'.

Now, the Spurs have two days to prepare for the Heat's new scheme. The Heat will make adjustments, sure, but odds are they won't be drastic: it would be very difficult for the Heat to find and implement a third drastically different scheme. We've shown that, when each team knows the other's scheme, we have a great chance of winning.
Old 06-15-13, 06:00 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Sure! No doubt Pop is the MASTER of Adjustments in PO and I trust in Pop and his coaching partners to put together a GREAT Master Game plan. I know the Chance is HUGE Pop wins this!!! IT still is s Riddle. But that is the beauty of it. Forget Trends and expectations. It is going to be on the spot wins. To my it is still the BIG THREE (TD, TP, and Manu who will determine the results we can only win with SUPER STARS but we need those supporting role players too.)

If Spurs are able to block all the past games and FOCUS and Follow Pop's Game Plan, they win. If Pop DEMANDS Spurs to Do his plan and yank them enough with the right subbs and time outs and SPEECHES, Spurs will win!! Trust in Pop!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!

Here is what USA Today had put today...

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

READ MORE HERE.......

The San Antonio Spurs want to play big. They built their first two championships on the "Twin Towers" of David Robinson and Tim Duncan. They recreated the formula this season, again allowing Duncan's low-post scoring ability to shine while controlling the boards and dictating tempo.

But few teams want to let them. Small ball has taken over the NBA as teams have one true big man surrounded by four perimeter players. The style increases spacing and creates transition opportunities, with the Miami Heat being one of the most obvious benefactors.

The Heat returned to, and forced the Spurs to follow in, their small-ball ways in Game 4 of the NBA Finals, asserting themselves for a 109-93 victory that evened the series at 2-2. But Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has no interest in discussing the shift.

"I only care about what's going on right now in this series," Popovich said to USA TODAY Sports. "I'm not concerned about trends in the NBA."
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-16-13, 01:20 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I agree. Its hard to imagine that Pop will be out-Spoelstrad.