SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Poll: Who will step up and surprise in Game 4? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119739-poll-who-will-step-up-surprise-game-4-a.html)

SilverSpur 06-12-13 08:07 PM

Poll: Who will step up and surprise in Game 4?

Which member of the Silver and Black will step up and surprise in Game 4?

MRJONESIII 06-12-13 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpur (Post 1299209)
Which member of the Silver and Black will step up and surprise in Game 4?

EVERYBODY!! Remember our philosophy..... TEAM FIRST. We need all to play well. They win game 4 and there is no way in hell Miami wins 3 out of 3. But I'm going took throw a psycho pick out there.... Bonner! Not as in 25 points but like 6-10 in 3's. I just don't think our rhythm can be distributed at home. That confidence level of our young guys is outrageous right now. I hope those guys retrace their steps and eat the same thing they did before game 3!

JuanCaca 06-12-13 08:42 PM

i think blair and mills could be more used this series with good results....

clovisnmspurfan 06-12-13 10:14 PM

Tmac

Mombear 06-12-13 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1299218)
Tmac

facepalm

joyner 06-12-13 10:59 PM

It's not really a surprise if Parker, Duncan, Leonard, or even Green do it at this point.

Also, Kwahi? :smirk

WILLTHETHRILL 06-12-13 11:56 PM

BONNER! just kidding

joyner 06-12-13 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL (Post 1299228)
BONNER! just kidding

And that creepy fascination rears its head again...

WILLTHETHRILL 06-13-13 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1299231)
And that creepy fascination rears its head again...

Splitter 10 Million bucks a year! What a dumb***

Rzarector7 06-13-13 12:09 AM

Bonner!

Runs and ducks........

WILLTHETHRILL 06-13-13 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rzarector7 (Post 1299234)
Bonner!

Runs and ducks........

lol

joyner 06-13-13 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rzarector7 (Post 1299234)
Bonner!

Runs and ducks........

It's not unreasonable, Bonner's got the fifth-highest 3pt% this season and the highest of any player in the Finals. He's only two years removed from leading the league in 3pt%. Only an idiot argues with numbers like those. He's shooting a white-hot 46.9% from three these playoffs alone, you'd have to be an idiot to ignore that.

I don't expect him to be a difference-maker, but only a moron would completely rule him out as a factor.

WILLTHETHRILL 06-13-13 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1299244)
It's not unreasonable, Bonner's got the fifth-highest 3pt% this season and the highest of any player in the Finals. He's only two years removed from leading the league in 3pt%. Only an idiot argues with numbers like those. He's shooting a white-hot 46.9% from three these playoffs alone, you'd have to be an idiot to ignore that.

I don't expect him to be a difference-maker, but only a moron would completely rule him out as a factor.

last six games.........not impressive at all

spurscrazed 06-13-13 12:25 AM

It is all about TEAM WORK!
It is DEF a TEAM thing!
ALL SPURS TEAM must BRING IT!
Just a note here: Manu is due for a HUGE GAME!!! Just sayin' :wink
BTW I voted Manu here.....
Go Spurs Go!:rock

joyner 06-13-13 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscrazed (Post 1299246)
It is all about TEAM WORK!
It is DEF a TEAM thing!
ALL SPURS TEAM must BRING IT!
Just a note here: Manu is due for a HUGE GAME!!! Just sayin' :wink
BTW I voted Manu here.....
Go Spurs Go!:rock

Totally agree -- we sink or swim as a team. It's fruitless and silly to be talking trades and free agents or any bull**** like that right now. Those kinds of conversations are just childish delusions. We win or lose on the basis of the fifteen players on the roster right now. Any talk of getting rid of those players right now is fan treason.

Rzarector7 06-13-13 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1299244)

I know that! I know the last few games ehhhhhh they are not good. I said him being serious too! I think he can hit some threes and HOPE HE WILL! That woudl go a long way. I said Bonner being serious! I said runs and ducks from the ones who will flame me.

Eddy from Austin 06-13-13 01:54 AM

I got Manu

Eddy from Austin 06-13-13 01:55 AM

21 Pts. 8 assists

e_93gsx 06-13-13 03:58 AM

Bonner. Pop is going to make for him and he will sink a game winning 3 in the final seconds. OK who am I kidding...but it would be nice. Get everyone off him for 5 minutes.

Jose_TheGenius 06-13-13 07:02 AM

i voted Manu

because right now if i don't hear "bad pass by Ginobili", it'll mean he's stepping up

spurduncan21 06-13-13 08:13 AM

Manu will have his best game tonight :)

alh1020 06-13-13 08:50 AM

It has to be Manu. His play so far in these finals has been somewhat disappointing. He's way past due. Personally, I think he’s had stretches where he’s been a liability with some bad passes or losing the ball just by trying to dribble it. Agreed, he has shown signs of a breakout with a good pass or drive to the rim, but in all, not up to form and the occasion. And should Parker’s physical condition with his hamstring not pan out as expected, he’ll probably substitute TP with either Corey or Manu, but Pop will invariably turn over the floor leadership duties to Manu. Time to step up.

joyner 06-13-13 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rzarector7 (Post 1299248)
I know that! I know the last few games ehhhhhh they are not good. I said him being serious too! I think he can hit some threes and HOPE HE WILL! That woudl go a long way. I said Bonner being serious! I said runs and ducks from the ones who will flame me.

Oh I agree, I wasn't mocking you ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1299261)
i voted Manu

because right now if i don't hear "bad pass by Ginobili", it'll mean he's stepping up

:laugh

Uwe Blab 06-13-13 09:21 AM

If the question were who NEEDS to step up, that would be Manu. But since the question is who WILL step up, that's going to be Tim.

KAD 06-13-13 09:29 AM

Manu has to have 1 really great unforgetable game just like in the Memphis series - this is his game specially if Tony is hampered.

TimmyDthaWay2B 06-13-13 09:46 AM

I don't see it being Manu. Been waiting for it for a long time... Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me... Fool me 40 times..... I don't even know...

JuanCaca 06-13-13 11:32 AM

i hope he brings his first A game of the finals today, because we know miami gonna charge with everything they had....

remember against memphis he has A game in game 3 if i remember correctly... what a difference being up 3-1 than tied 2-2...

MRJONESIII 06-13-13 11:55 AM

Someone is bound to be on tonite and Miami can't stop all of our shooters But I wish Danny didn't say that Lebron was stopping himself... Just the kind of thing that gets a guy going. Miami just doesn't have the mentality to defeat us. Too much overwhelmingly respect for the Spurs. Duncan was one of Boshs'favorite players growing up, Lebron respects the hell out of or coach and Duncan & Co., Danny Green was his teammate, and most important... The Spurs don't play dirty or make you hate them. It's like a friendly game of horse with then, no killer instinct. Spurs never trash talk, just always give respect and even stick up for their star players. How do you get up for that? Do you punch your friend in the face for nothing or some jerk who spits in you face? The truly greats go for the kill no matter who is the opponent.

joyner 06-13-13 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1299291)
Someone is bound to be on tonite and Miami can't stop all of our shooters But I wish Danny didn't say that Lebron was stopping himself... Just the kind of thing that gets a guy going. Miami just doesn't have the mentality to defeat us. Too much overwhelmingly respect for the Spurs. Duncan was one of Boshs'favorite players growing up, Lebron respects the hell out of or coach and Duncan & Co., Danny Green was his teammate, and most important... The Spurs don't play dirty or make you hate them. It's like a friendly game of horse with then, no killer instinct. Spurs never trash talk, just always give respect and even stick up for their star players. How do you get up for that? Do you punch your friend in the face for nothing or some jerk who spits in you face? The truly greats go for the kill no matter who is the opponent.

I think that's exactly what Green was doing, though. I think what motivates a player is "we're doing a great job shutting him down". When Green puts the blame on LeBron himself for his poor performance, then LeBron's enemy becomes LeBron. That's a much richer mindgame to play.

MRJONESIII 06-13-13 12:34 PM

Jose_TheGenius 06-13-13 02:49 PM

with the rumors of LeBron James possibly starting at center, i'll change my vote to Tiago Splitter if he does