News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-12-13, 12:15 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

The evolution of Kawhi Leonard

SAN ANTONIO -- It was buried near the bottom of a summertime question-and-answer session with Spurs fans after his rookie season, but like most things that come out of Gregg Popovich's mouth, Kawhi Leonard heard every word.

Popovich didn't just praise the rangy forward on his rookie season, he said he thought he'd be the "face of the Spurs" one day.

Popovich is actually way more complimentary of his players than his gruff sideline interviews might suggest, but this was a whopper.

Face of the Spurs?

No matter where that quote was published, it was getting back to Leonard.

Read the rest hereNBA Playoffs 2013 -- Evolution of Kawhi Leonard - ESPN

Last edited by esparzar1; 06-12-13 at 12:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-13, 12:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Two years max before the Spurs' new Big 3 is Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard, and... someone to be named later.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-13, 12:30 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
Two years max before the Spurs' new Big 3 is Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard, and... someone to be named later.
I'm giving it next year, who knows what Manu will do (retire?) Kawhi was already the 3rd leading scorer on the Spurs this past season. The sky is the limit for this kid....who knows who the 3rd option will be? It shall be interseting to see if the Spurs make any significant moves this off-season.
Old 06-12-13, 04:03 PM
SR 2010 Western Conference Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
I think that guy was posting in this board a while ago :drummer
Old 06-12-13, 04:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
I'm giving it next year, who knows what Manu will do (retire?) Kawhi was already the 3rd leading scorer on the Spurs this past season. The sky is the limit for this kid....who knows who the 3rd option will be? It shall be interseting to see if the Spurs make any significant moves this off-season.
Oh yes, I mean two years max until the third player isn't Duncan. Although I guess Duncan could play two more years, so yeah, our Big 3 is already TP, TD, and KL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm View Post
I think that guy was posting in this board a while ago :drummer