News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 06-12-13, 10:27 AM
esparzar1's Avatar
President: K.Leo Fan Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,762
Bill Simmons: The Big (Fun) damentel

You need about 30 min to read the entire article, good read

Part I: Bill Simmons on the remarkable career of Tim Duncan - Grantland

Part II: Bill Simmons on the remarkable career of Tim Duncan - Grantland
__________________
I think he's going to be a star. And as time goes on, he'll be the face of the Spurs, I think.--- Coach Pop on Leonard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-12-13, 03:15 PM
b1gdon's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 724

Someone please tell the kitchen to remove the feces taco from Mr. Simmons room service order.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-12-13, 04:32 PM
TimmyDthaWay2B's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Springdale
Posts: 3,890

Actually just ahead and double up on the poo.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-13, 07:06 AM
KAD's Avatar
KAD KAD is offline
SpursReport Team Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio
Posts: 7,205

I tried reading it but was too much.. 'will have to digest it in portions.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-13, 11:00 AM
Spurd_On's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: the next beam
Posts: 4,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD View Post
I tried reading it but was too much.. 'will have to digest it in portions.
I tried reading it too but then realized how silly it was to do so. Here is an ESPN reporter, probably jumping on the Spurs bandwagon for the first time in his career, telling his loyal national audience that ESPN has groomed for decades into what is the mentality of their NBA fan base. I think it's great that they are doing this and it's about time. With so many small market teams having success, sports reporting may finally need to evolve into coveting team play over superstars one on one but history leaves me skeptical. Bottom line, as a Spurs fan, he writes nothing I don't already know, so why bother reading it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-13, 12:55 PM
doom32x4's Avatar
Flying Monkey Wrangler
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
I tried reading it too but then realized how silly it was to do so. Here is an ESPN reporter, probably jumping on the Spurs bandwagon for the first time in his career, telling his loyal national audience that ESPN has groomed for decades into what is the mentality of their NBA fan base. I think it's great that they are doing this and it's about time. With so many small market teams having success, sports reporting may finally need to evolve into coveting team play over superstars one on one but history leaves me skeptical. Bottom line, as a Spurs fan, he writes nothing I don't already know, so why bother reading it.
You don't know his writing history at all apparently. He doesn't write much exclusive on the Spurs (except for the time last year he lost his crap and anointed us the best team in 10 years before we lost 4 straight to OKC), but he always loves on the Spurs. His Book of Basketball has Duncan as the 7th greatest player ever. Spurs fans are too dang sensitive.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-13, 03:36 PM
old timer's Avatar
The Eternal Optimist
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: caldwell, tx
Posts: 2,128

He loves the Spurs like they were his beloved Celts--well almost.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-13, 06:56 PM
doom32x4's Avatar
Flying Monkey Wrangler
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
He loves the Spurs like they were his beloved Celts--well almost.
They both share a rivalry with the Lakeshow and Simmons' personal nemesis Kobe. He just holds a slight bitterness with us getting #1 in 97 and the Celtics botching the Parker draft pick.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0