SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Bill Simmons: The Big (Fun) damentel (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119733-bill-simmons-big-fun-damentel.html)

esparzar1 06-12-13 11:27 AM

Bill Simmons: The Big (Fun) damentel

You need about 30 min to read the entire article, good read

Part I: Bill Simmons on the remarkable career of Tim Duncan - Grantland

Part II: Bill Simmons on the remarkable career of Tim Duncan - Grantland

b1gdon 06-12-13 04:15 PM

Someone please tell the kitchen to remove the feces taco from Mr. Simmons room service order.

TimmyDthaWay2B 06-12-13 05:32 PM

Actually just ahead and double up on the poo.

KAD 06-13-13 08:06 AM

I tried reading it but was too much.. 'will have to digest it in portions.

Spurd_On 06-13-13 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAD (Post 1299263)
I tried reading it but was too much.. 'will have to digest it in portions.

I tried reading it too but then realized how silly it was to do so. Here is an ESPN reporter, probably jumping on the Spurs bandwagon for the first time in his career, telling his loyal national audience that ESPN has groomed for decades into what is the mentality of their NBA fan base. I think it's great that they are doing this and it's about time. With so many small market teams having success, sports reporting may finally need to evolve into coveting team play over superstars one on one but history leaves me skeptical. Bottom line, as a Spurs fan, he writes nothing I don't already know, so why bother reading it.

doom32x4 06-13-13 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1299282)
I tried reading it too but then realized how silly it was to do so. Here is an ESPN reporter, probably jumping on the Spurs bandwagon for the first time in his career, telling his loyal national audience that ESPN has groomed for decades into what is the mentality of their NBA fan base. I think it's great that they are doing this and it's about time. With so many small market teams having success, sports reporting may finally need to evolve into coveting team play over superstars one on one but history leaves me skeptical. Bottom line, as a Spurs fan, he writes nothing I don't already know, so why bother reading it.

You don't know his writing history at all apparently. He doesn't write much exclusive on the Spurs (except for the time last year he lost his crap and anointed us the best team in 10 years before we lost 4 straight to OKC), but he always loves on the Spurs. His Book of Basketball has Duncan as the 7th greatest player ever. Spurs fans are too dang sensitive.

old timer 06-13-13 04:36 PM

He loves the Spurs like they were his beloved Celts--well almost.

doom32x4 06-13-13 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old timer (Post 1299321)
He loves the Spurs like they were his beloved Celts--well almost.

They both share a rivalry with the Lakeshow and Simmons' personal nemesis Kobe. He just holds a slight bitterness with us getting #1 in 97 and the Celtics botching the Parker draft pick.:laugh