News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-12-13, 08:08 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Parker Could Miss Game 4

Marc J. Spears: Spurs G Tony Parker has hamstring injury and will have MRI at 10 am cst Wednesday. Says he is uncertain about playing in Game 4. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

The point guard who has been their driving force all season long suffered a right hamstring injury early in the second half and will have an MRI on Wednesday to determine his status for Game 4 on Thursday in San Antonio. And with all due respect to the breakout star of the night, backup point guard Gary Neal, there's simply no way the Spurs can finish this job and win their fifth title without Parker. "I felt something in my hamstring," Parker said afterward. "Hopefully it's nothing big, just cramping or got tight on me. It was a weird feeling. I just went to make sure with the doctor I was ok. Then I played like two minutes in the fourth quarter. We were up big, (Spurs coach Gregg Popovich) didn't want to take any risks. We'll see tomorrow." USA Today Sports

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ame-3/2414099/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-13, 08:50 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Man, watch how you post the title thread.....lol. Nothing is indicating that he could miss game 4 yet. MRI should determine what's going on. My guess, the MRI comes back negative and they report that it was some tightness/cramping and nothing more. The Spurs were just being cautious, he came back in after the injury for a few min and seemed okay. No need to scare me like that...lol
Old 06-12-13, 10:18 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Man, watch how you post the title thread.....lol. Nothing is indicating that he could miss game 4 yet. MRI should determine what's going on
" Says he is uncertain about playing in Game 4. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-13, 10:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
I am attributing it to the fact that due to traffic, he only 50 mins to warm up. I hope he's good to go to put shackles on the heat

- Confucius
Old 06-12-13, 10:28 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post

lol, I'm just messing with ya , last time I checked, Spears wasn't a Dr.........I hate it when reporters post stuff like that
Old 06-12-13, 11:04 AM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
there's simply no way the Spurs can finish this job and win their fifth title without Parker
Sorry. I disagree wholeheartedly with this statement.

Old 06-12-13, 01:21 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz View Post
Sorry. I disagree wholeheartedly with this statement.
Come on Robofuzz, let's not get too cocky with this team. Green and Neal won't shoot like that again, Lebron won't be held to 15pts in game 4, and it was Tony Parker running the offense and getting those guys open at first. That game 3 did was make sure that the Heat stay closer to the outside shooters, which in turn is going to open up the lanes for Tony. He's going to be more important than ever.
Old 06-12-13, 01:30 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Come on Robofuzz, let's not get too cocky with this team. Green and Neal won't shoot like that again, Lebron won't be held to 15pts in game 4, and it was Tony Parker running the offense and getting those guys open at first. That game 3 did was make sure that the Heat stay closer to the outside shooters, which in turn is going to open up the lanes for Tony. He's going to be more important than ever.
Although I agree with Robofuzz in that I think we could still win this series without parker, but it would have to be in Miami for that to happen. With TP, we might not have to go back to Miami. I fully expect Miami to be aggressive defending the 3 point line in game 4, which in turn allows driving lanes to open. Fortunately, LBJ cannot cover the entire court, but TPs importance can NOT go undervalued. I expect the big game we all expect from our big 3 tomorrow night in game 4. Go spurs go

- Confucius
Old 06-12-13, 01:49 PM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I'm not getting cocky. This team went on an incredible run in the regular season while Tony was injured. I'm not insulting Tony or anything - I just don't agree that we can't win against the Heat without him. In fact, last night with Tony out, the Heat didn't have a clue who to concentrate on and we ran them out of the gym.

Old 06-12-13, 01:55 PM

the ball movement tired the short/slow/old Heat rotation. you exactly won't get much out of Ray Allen if he has to be chasing the ball around for a few possessions, same with Miller.

with no TP, who draws the defense on a pick and roll to get those guys open? Green can't handle the rock to get open off a pick and Neal can, except it's probably going to be a quick triggered bad shot.

btw:

no chance Parker misses Game 4. by journalistic standards, he has to say there's a chance he'll miss because of injury or that it's "unknown", but everyone knows he won't miss for a minor strain. The Big 3 have played through worse in earlier rounds in the past.
Old 06-12-13, 03:34 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Def a game and a momentum changer. Dang. I was hoping all Spurs stay healthy to compete...

Pop said he will look at him tomorrow and decide if he wants to play him or not. I guess it all depends on the REHAB and how TP is going to respond to the TREATMENT.

My Heart tells me Tony will play tomorrow. But my mind tells me Pop won't let him. Either way Spurs must prepare for the worst which is playing without TP and hope for the best to be able to play and win without TP.

Get Well TP! My prayers are for you Bro!

May the forces be with the Spurs and especially TP!!!

We def need you to finish this series. No way Spurs win this series without TP the MVP that is for sure.

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 06-12-13, 04:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

read it was a grade 1 strain.

Parker Listed as Day-to-Day | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS
Old 06-12-13, 04:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Maybe Pop will cash in our insurance policy. Tmac did not score however he showed he still can handle the ball, also had some assists and rebounds.
Old 06-12-13, 04:53 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Spurs will not win an NBA title without Tony Parker.

Period.

Mark my words.

$
Old 06-12-13, 05:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Its a mild strain. No way he doesn't play tomorrow unless it is just bothering him that bad. Cory Joseph looked good at first then started to turn the ball over like crazy so we really Tony to handle the ball majority of the game.
Old 06-12-13, 07:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Mild or not.... This is bad news.
Old 06-12-13, 08:22 PM
Spartan Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post

Period.

Mark my words.

$
ok marked

Old 06-12-13, 08:40 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinsons face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim hed look at me like he was bored and then say, Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass. Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Old 06-12-13, 11:57 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post

Period.

Mark my words.

$
Not really a bold statement there........yawn