News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-10-13, 07:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The Manu Mojo Thread

Just hoping to create some positive mojo here at the SR to send to Manu the Magnificent and his disappearing act. Everyone is welcome to contribute with videos, photos, articles, etc. No sense in being negative about Manu and what he can't do anymore. He isn't totally done yet. He's shown flashes. Let's just hope some home cooking and some mojo can wake up the beast from within. GO SPURS GO!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-13, 08:27 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

VAMOS MANU!

VAMOS SPURS!
LETS GO SPURS!
GET MOTIVATED!
GET EXITED!
OUR SPURS ARE IN THE FINALS BABY!!!!

MAKE THIS a perfect 5 - O in our Spurs finals appearances!:drummer

Come on Manu. Come on Spurs!
MAY THIS SPURS TEAM Rock On tomorrow at our HOME SWEET HOME
And NEVER LOSE AGAIN!!!
Go GET EM SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAMOS SPURS!
LETS GO SPURS!
GET MOTIVATED!
GET EXITED!
OUR SPURS ARE IN THE FINALS BABY!!!!

MAKE THIS a perfect 5 - O of finals appearances!:drummer
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!

Last edited by Robofuzz; 06-11-13 at 11:49 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-13, 09:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

“Once I step on the court in San Antonio, I feel the support in the air".

"Some shots I usually make are not falling in and I'm not feeling that well penetrating, so I'm in a tough moment. But I'm not worried. In 82 games, you're going to have some ups and downs."

"When our masseuse took care of Nash ... I requested to her that she tighten his leg, and twist him hard.... Just joking, obviously." -
-- Manu Ginobili

Manu Ginobili is probably the most unique player in basketball. That’s beacuse he changed the prospect of European basketball in the NBA. Before him, Europeans were considered as skilled big men; there was a perception that a guy out of the Euro League could dunk over a whole Lakers squad, but Ginobili who was picked 57th (the second last pick) by the Spurs in the 1999 Draft was different. It was only after 3 years after he was drafted that he made his debut. Since then, Ginobili has gone from strength to strength winning 3 NBA Champions, an Olympic Gold Medal, a NBA sixth-man award and is also a two-time NBA All-Star.
He has also stayed humble the all time, accepting the bench role for the Spurs. Ginobili might not be a solid stats guy but he is surely the heartbeat of the Spurs.

Here are some of the greatest quotes about the legend:

“He put his head down and he goes,and we pray for the best” - Tim Duncan

“Everything he does is aimed at winning,he might make some interesting attempts,but that is not for the show ” - Steve Nash

“He gives me a stomach ache. He’s got an edge to him, a real presence.”
—Former NBA head coach Rudy Tomjanovich

“The one thing you notice, right off the bat, is the energy Manu plays with. He gives up his body to help the team.”
—Teammate Brent Barry

“I love Manu. He makes the game difficult to play. He makes the game difficult to defend. He makes it difficult to referee. You want him on your side.”
—Nuggets head coach George Karl

“He’s the kind of guy who wants the ball in pressure situations, and if he doesn’t get it, he looks over at the coach like, ‘Don’t you know I’m here?’”
—Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich

“Ginobili is a different species. He’s the first international player who brings athletic explosiveness to the equation. He can attack the rim, but what strikes me is that he’s such a great defensive player.”
—Pacers head coach Rick Carlisle

“He’s a non-stop goof guy.”
—Argentine star Pepe Sanchez

“Playing with Manu, it’s like playing with my brother.”
—Teammate Tony Parker

“You can hit him in the first quarter or the fourth quarter. It don’t matter. Not him. That kid ain’t stopping.”
—Nuggets All-Star Kenyon Martin

“I wish he was on our team. He’s a terrific player. I can’t take anything away from him.”
—NBA veteran Marcus Camby

“What he does, when someone bodies him or puts an arm on his head, his head always flops. So then his hair goes wild, and it looks like someone just murdered him.”
—All-Star Ray Allen

“He’s one of those guys, who, at age 50, won’t be able to walk.”
—Sonics head coach Nate McMillan

He has a willingness to do what it takes to win, and to do it at the highest possible level of intensity, every single minute he steps on the court. -
Gregg Popovich, after the 2005 NBA Playoffs

“I always played like this, unpredictable.” - By the man himself

By : Neeraj Grover
Greatest quotes on Manu Ginobili | Sportskeeda
Old 06-10-13, 09:56 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Sees MANU fro 05 with hair...... Walks out of thread in near tears.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-11-13, 01:15 AM
Administrator

What's with the Mav's rings????
Old 06-11-13, 11:51 AM
Spartan Moderator

Fixed.

Old 06-11-13, 01:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Long may he bring his game to a "boring" team.
Old 06-11-13, 01:39 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofuzz View Post
Fixed.

Old 06-11-13, 07:34 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Old 06-12-13, 02:07 AM

Let's keep this Manu Mojo Thread coming!!!
The Manu's Mojo!
IT works!
Go Spurs Go!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-12-13, 02:09 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Let's keep this Manu Mojo Thread coming!!!
The Manu's Mojo!
IT works!
Go Spurs Go!
If it worked to get Neal and Green that hot then keep it going! Manu was still but he had a DUNK! I hope he gets it going soon, he has not yet honestly.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-12-13, 02:21 AM

Although Manu did not participate a whole lot on the points this particular weird game, Manu HUSTLED his arse off and made many fewer mistakes and acted as a main facilitator which was HUGE reason for this win.

Manu's Mojo is working in a different way now now.

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-12-13, 02:52 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Although Manu did not participate a whole lot on the points this particular weird game, Manu HUSTLED his arse off and made many fewer mistakes and acted as a main facilitator which was HUGE reason for this win.

Manu's Mojo is working in a different way now now.
He still turned it over a few times and did some dumb passes which lead to points for the other team! I guess the MOJO NEEDS TO HIT HARDER! He still can not hit a three and I will ride him until he starts to do so! He was not good tonight either lets be real! ;) The role players saved us and Tim did okay tonight! The role players won this game from Green, Neal to Leonard! LETS HOPE THOSE THREE keep it up! Manu has not done jack yet lets be honest and thats not a slight it's true. Manu was not a huge reason for this win lol! You said it worked differently, yeah it worked for others but not him. Manu was bad again.

I am not going to act as if he is doing great or he was a huge part and be delusional because fans want to hear that, I am going to tell the truth! He has not stepped it up yet. Manu Mojo is not there yet, NONE. He needs to show up in game 3, waiting for him to show up but he has not yet.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 06-12-13 at 02:55 AM.
Old 06-12-13, 03:08 AM

Do not expect a Miracle and Manu leading the score, although it is not impossible that Manu put more numbers offensively, yet rather expect Manu to play SMARTER and Bring his Huevo and Energy when he is in.

Pop knows it and he is finding in his master game plan how to bring the best out of Ginobili and most importantly make Spurs win.

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-12-13, 03:15 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

s
Quote:
Do not expect a Miracle and Manu leading the score, although it is not impossible that Manu put more numbers offensively, yet rather expect Manu to play SMARTER and Bring his Huevo and Energy when he is in.

Pop knows it and he is finding in his master game plan how to bring the best out of Ginobili and most importantly make Spurs win.
This is not about Manu anymore I am sorry! He has played bad moreso than good these playoffs! If he comes up big WOW BONUS! Green, Leonard and Neal etc. have picked up the slack! IF WE GET A BIG MANU GOOD GAME WOW! I will take it and we will win! Right now though he is not even good. He makes horrible passes and stumbles all over! That or jacks up stupid three after stupid three off balance when he tries to set his feet and just misses. After a good First or so I thought Manu would get it going! I am glad he had a few buckets or dunks, one set up on a fast break! I will take that now! Whatever he gives is a gift now, he is what he is now and thats what it is. He is not magically going to be 07 Manu hell even 012 Manu even anymore! I will take what he gives now but he is not a key anymore.
Old 06-12-13, 09:01 AM
The Amazing!

Last edited by e_93gsx; 06-12-13 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-12-13, 09:12 AM
The Amazing!

His days as Obi-Wan Ginobili might be long gone but like Jedi his presence will always be with us. The Manu I prefer to remember.

Old 06-13-13, 05:53 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Now that we have a gimp Tony, the Spurs will need Manu to have a bigger impact in the series. Take care of the ball, disrupt Miami's defense, distribute, and ATTACK! Glad some people contributed some good thoughts, but we still need more support. Let's do this people! Let's keep the momentum and the mojo going! Go SPUUURSSS!!!

Old 06-16-13, 05:44 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Critical game 5. I'm not quitting on Manu and am going to keep trying to get his mojo going.

Old 06-16-13, 06:44 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 06-17-13, 01:09 AM

Go Spurs Go!

One More Win Baby!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-18-13, 07:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Old 06-18-13, 11:29 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Father Time is undefeated. He is done. Sorry to say.
Old 06-19-13, 12:09 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Come on Manu. We need a hero for game 7.

Immortality baby!
Old 06-20-13, 05:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

It's almost game time people! Game 7. This is it. Last game of the season. Team seems locked in and ready to go. Just one more decent game out of Manu and we will be lifting up #5. He doesn't need to be spectacular. He just needs to be effective and take care of the ball. Anything extra he brings will be icing on the cake. I know you have one more in you Manu. You have the heart. Time to rise up and bring that fire. Attack like you do, take some pressure off Tony, and we will prevail! GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Old 06-20-13, 06:13 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

A little prayers to St. Anthony for Manu:

"Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints"
O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to obtain for me (request). O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.

Old 06-20-13, 06:28 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Thanks Mombear! Any positive thoughts will only be beneficial! GO SPURS!!!
Old 06-20-13, 06:28 PM
The Master Baiter

Did any of these clips even come from this year?
Old 06-20-13, 06:30 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Manu entering the stadium. GO MANU GO!!!