News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-10-13, 08:58 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

3 THINGS THE SPURS NEED TO BOUNCE BACK

The Miami Heat had a dominant win against the San Antonio Spurs in Game Two, looking like the champions that ran away with the title last season. The Spurs on the other hand looked completely out of sync on the offensive end and struggled to score against the Heat’s defensive game plan.

3 Things the Spurs Need to Bounce Back

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-13, 09:21 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I sensed it was over by halftime when the Spurs hadn't taken advantage of opportunities by missing too many shots, not finishing at the rim and simply bobbling the ball while dribbling giving Miami no reason to change their game plan of containing Parker.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-13, 10:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

three things we need to bounce back? parker, duncan, and ginobili to play to their abilities, those are the 3 things we need
Old 06-10-13, 11:44 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakemxcan View Post
three things we need to bounce back? parker, duncan, and ginobili to play to their abilities, those are the 3 things we need
#4 Don't play Bonner
Old 06-10-13, 12:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Need to let Lebron go Amare' Stoudamire and score his points, don't double him and switch the pick and roll. Can't let him get 10-17 assist. Make someone else pass and make decisions.
Old 06-10-13, 01:57 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

noticed pop started to shorten rotation in the finals, cory was 1 minute of action when game goes out of reach... only manu, bonner and diaw played... wondering if a healthy dose of high speed of cory mills and little less blair mixed with regulars could softhen a little miami defense... back to the basics, remeber, those subs almost beat miami in first meeting, i know miami wasnt settled , but still, they can be damaged by waves of speed
Old 06-10-13, 02:16 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

All Spurs must have BIGGER SENSE OF URGENCY!

Forget about all that cr@p went in game 2. Now open a new book new series of the best of 5 and 3 of them in San Antonio.

Game 3 is a must win. Momentum Swinger to win series. Then we take them one game at a time for 3 times in a row at our home and we finish them here.

NOW Spurs must bring all their 100% AGGRESSIVE plays to game 3. You can't just be relaxed at home and let the HEAT beat you up again.

I want the REAL SPURS show up in game 3.

I want Tim, Tony, and Manu to bring their killer instinct!!!!
I want Pop to put everyone on the bench from the first 5 minutes if they could not show up. Just like he did for that Memphis series game.

I want Spurs to show HEART! To show that they will not be FADED under any pressure. I want Spurs to Dominate game 3.

In order to win this series Spurs must FIGHT BACK VERY HARD!

All X's and O's will come naturally if Spurs Mind is Clear that they are the BETTER TEAM.

If Spurs have any Doubt in their mind and don't have CONFIDENCE, FOCUS, or DETERMINATION they will lose this series.

The Spurs must enforce their will to win.

Spurs must know they have GREAT VERY RARE Opportunity to make it happen and they need to GRAB it and Run with it!!!!!

The Spurs know they need to play a PERFECT GAME come Tuesday night!

And I know they will calm down and get excited again and bring it!!

I know Pop will yank the Spurs very hard and prepare them with a GREAT GAME PLAN for Game 3!!
Can't wait for that buzzer to start game 3 at HOME!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-10-13, 05:50 PM
SR Team Goof

I think one strategy that the Spurs wanted to incorporate was that they felt James would probably get his points but to make the Heat’s other players try and beat us. Well, James sacrificed himself in that first half and passed the ball, trying to get his teammates more involved. That worked for him and the Spurs’ strategy worked as well. There was only one thing we forgot to do --- play defense. We controlled the boards, even getting 15 or so offensive rebounds, but the Heat hit their 3s at opportune times, scored almost half their points in the paint and we again gave the ball up about 3 times as much as the Heat. Stay focused, play defense, limit their 3s and keep up with the rebounding. Oh yea, don’t throw the ball away without getting a viable shot at the rim. Let’s take 3 straight and call it a summer.
Old 06-10-13, 05:53 PM
The Master Baiter

I don't know if you can expect their shooters to shoot like that on the road, and they were a little slow on their defense. I think you have a contingency plan, but you do the same thing to Lebron at the start of game 3.
Old 06-10-13, 06:00 PM
SR Team Goof

Old 06-10-13, 11:10 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

1. Interestingly Danny Green said at the after game interview that Spurs did NOT stick to the GAME PLAN.

2. And Jeff McDonald from Express News tweeted this.

And also Jeff McDonald wrote an article that Spurs did not talk during the trip and all were quiet. Then they arrived to San Antonio at 2 am earlier this morning. Quiet on the bus and after that till they got to their cars in the airport. They waived with sad faces at the crowd waiting in that airport as I saw them on TV.

Here is a new video today by Sam Amick with his keys!!!!!

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">

I expect our Spurs to play SO MUCH BETTER AT HOME!!!!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-11-13, 01:44 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
noticed pop started to shorten rotation in the finals, cory was 1 minute of action when game goes out of reach... only manu, bonner and diaw played... wondering if a healthy dose of high speed of cory mills and little less blair mixed with regulars could softhen a little miami defense... back to the basics, remeber, those subs almost beat miami in first meeting, i know miami wasnt settled , but still, they can be damaged by waves of speed
That's lack of confidence by Pop. Pop needs to get that confidence back so that it emanates to the team.