News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 06-10-13, 08:51 AM
MichaelWi101's Avatar
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 2,534
Has Anybody Seen Manu This Series?

I understand the Spurs front office is putting out a bolo (be on the look out for) Manu Ginobilli. It seems that for 'one of the big three' for the most part he has been missing in action for the first two games. He's shooting 6-17 from the field, 3-9 from 3 point range, grand totals of 2 rebounds and 4 assists, 4 turnovers (3 of them last night), 5 personal fouls.

I knew there were going to be problems last night when I watched him go completely out of control trying to dribble into the lane surrounded by 4 Heat players and 2 of them were behind him, so what does he do? He tries to dribble behind his back and of course it was a turnover.

And yes I know the rest of the team didn't show up last night either, but Manu hasn't shown up consistently during these playoffs, luckily the Spurs didn't need him earlier, but now he really, really needs to get it together.
__________________
Since you can't fix stupid, at least you should be able to prosecute it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-10-13, 09:47 AM
PfAr's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 12
Yes, no

I oughta agree with you.
I`ve been expecting Manu to wake up and show us some of his old magic since playoffs started -but never happened.
He`s not dumb, he´s surely feeling very bad about it -this could be his last chance to help Spurs get another ring. Maybe he`s no longer in physical condition. I don´t know. But I feel sad as hell looking at him playing clumsy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-10-13, 10:01 AM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

stop.

this convo has been going on in the SR Facebook page and everyone who calls out Manu's poor (or non play) has been called a "hater".

don't expect even 2012 to show up. he's aged horribly and isn't worth the vet minimum at this point.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-10-13, 10:24 AM
fakemxcan's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: AUWWWSTIN TEXAS BABY!!
Posts: 899

well, at least he has played himself out of getting anything more than 3 to 4 mil a year from us this summer
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-10-13, 10:29 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakemxcan View Post
well, at least he has played himself out of getting anything more than 3 to 4 mil a year from us this summer
People want to give him way more than that on here. I say 5 million tops or let him walk.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-10-13, 10:36 AM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
People want to give him way more than that on here. I say 5 million tops or let him walk.
$5 million?!

no way he in hell-O he should earn more than Green with how he's playing. Manu right now (court wise) isn't worth more than vet minimum. dude throws one or two crazy passes in a game and they think he should get more than our starting 2 guard who plays good D and hits shots.

at this point in his career, he's not like TD who got way more because of his name. Manu's gotten $14 mill a year or so for doing absolutely nothing and being injury prone. he's gotten his money frontloaded, time for him to take a good paycut or walk.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-10-13, 10:37 AM
MRJONESIII's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
People want to give him way more than that on here. I say 5 million tops or let him walk.
Put Tiago on that list too!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-10-13, 11:04 AM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,566

Ok, where were you guys when I had 20 people yelling at me for saying this even before the finals?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-10-13, 11:08 AM
RealMadrid12's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 215

I know this is about manu, but have you guys seen the way wade is playing as well and he is only 31 years old, it is not about manu getting old (look at timmy) is what your body has gone through during all the years playing basket, he doesnt seem flexible at all, everything hurts, i think he has one more good game in him but yes i think he is done
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-10-13, 11:11 AM
JuanCaca's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,632

ok igree on everything but this part: "he's not like TD who got way more because of his name"? i tought it was for his stellar numbers and efficency... that happend to get better once contract year passed (usually this didnt happend)
__________________
Im honored to be on this team right now because hes going to be great for years to come, and Im going to hold on as long as I can. -Tim Duncan on Kawhi Leonard.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-10-13, 11:27 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
$5 million?!

no way he in hell-O he should earn more than Green with how he's playing. Manu right now (court wise) isn't worth more than vet minimum. dude throws one or two crazy passes in a game and they think he should get more than our starting 2 guard who plays good D and hits shots.

at this point in his career, he's not like TD who got way more because of his name. Manu's gotten $14 mill a year or so for doing absolutely nothing and being injury prone. he's gotten his money frontloaded, time for him to take a good paycut or walk.
But you wanted to give SJax two years 8 million earlier this season right? Care to comment on that one? I said 5 million tops and the average player salary is like 5.3 million. You have had people say 6 to 8 million per for him. I'm being very reasonable here. Bonner makes more than Green! But he is worth it??????????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-10-13, 11:29 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Ok, where were you guys when I had 20 people yelling at me for saying this even before the finals?
So title or not........do you want him back? If so what cost? Don't just bash. Offer a solution.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-10-13, 11:34 AM
alh1020's Avatar
SR Team Goof
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Right here
Posts: 5,021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Ok, where were you guys when I had 20 people yelling at me for saying this even before the finals?
SOP is to issue a BOLO. You didn't follow procedures, Uwe. :sarcasm
__________________
Life is not like a box of chocolates; its more like a jar of Jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-10-13, 12:17 PM
MichaelWi101's Avatar
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
stop.

this convo has been going on in the SR Facebook page and everyone who calls out Manu's poor (or non play) has been called a "hater".

don't expect even 2012 to show up. he's aged horribly and isn't worth the vet minimum at this point.
LOL -- I've been following those comments on the Facebook page and there's a whole lot of folks living in denial about the complete deterioration of Manu's skill set.

I believe his number will be hanging in the rafters, I believe that he has played an important part in the past success of this team, I also believe that he's not going to turn back the clock.

Manu has refused to alter his game, his body is betraying him and it was sad to watch him go in the lane for an uncontested dunk and have it blocked by the rim.

He should be rewarded for his past service but not at the expense of someone coming up. For the next 2 years he's just not going to be worth 5 million a year, especially when the Spurs need to keep getting younger and more athletic.
__________________
Since you can't fix stupid, at least you should be able to prosecute it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-10-13, 01:45 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
But you wanted to give SJax two years 8 million earlier this season right? Care to comment on that one? I said 5 million tops and the average player salary is like 5.3 million. You have had people say 6 to 8 million per for him. I'm being very reasonable here. Bonner makes more than Green! But he is worth it??????????
Jax for 2 years, $8 million would be $4 million a year. that'd be entirely reasonable since he used to:

- hit 3's
- defend smalls
- defend bigs
- play 1-4

can Manu do 2 of those 4 things? if Jax showed up like he did last season in the playoffs, it's entirely reasonable.

right now you're talking paying Manu $1 mill or so more than Green with Manu struggling and Green playing the majority of the minutes. unless you're talking about paying Manu more than DG because of him being Ginobili, he already earned that ridiculous overpay with his current deal.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-10-13, 02:20 PM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

I will always love Manu for what he has done here and his herky jerky play and big shots. He can't get in the lane anymore it seems and is reduced to jump shooing Manu now, that version of him makes me cringe alot of times. He is playing very badly, thats a fact. I can't say otherwise, he looks very old.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-10-13, 02:55 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
Jax for 2 years, $8 million would be $4 million a year. that'd be entirely reasonable since he used to:

- hit 3's
- defend smalls
- defend bigs
- play 1-4

can Manu do 2 of those 4 things? if Jax showed up like he did last season in the playoffs, it's entirely reasonable.

right now you're talking paying Manu $1 mill or so more than Green with Manu struggling and Green playing the majority of the minutes. unless you're talking about paying Manu more than DG because of him being Ginobili, he already earned that ridiculous overpay with his current deal.

I factored in your offer with 2 years already for Jack. I know it's 4 million per thank you. I liked SJax but at 4 million per no thanks. It would be reasonable with your points if fulfilled but at the time of when you said it earlier in the year........he didn't warrant that type of deal. Sad to say but he had a really bad year start to finish . So Jack even if he panned out would not garner 4 million bucks per with any team at 35 years old with 37% and 27% shooting averages or even semi decent stats. Don't get me wrong I like the player.

Manu once again I said tops at 5 million per at worst which is still under the average salary. Is Manu not an average player? Yes the scale is high but he brings things that are not accounted for on the stat sheet. I think playing Green more would actually reduce his play. More is not always better. Why did they send him home with the big 3 in Miami during the year when it just started? He had a rocky start this year and played lots of minutes. Manu at anything above 5 million is insane. 6.5 million? 7.5 million? 8 million? That's others and that's not me.

In closing title or not........Manu and Splitter would have to be at the right money or let them walk or sign & trade. That's my opinion. Also BONNER MAKES MORE THAN GREEN! DON'T FORGET THAT!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-10-13, 03:07 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I factored in your offer with 2 years already for Jack. I know it's 4 million per thank you. I liked SJax but at 4 million per no thanks. It would be reasonable with your points if fulfilled but at the time of when you said it earlier in the year........he didn't warrant that type of deal. Sad to say but he had a really bad year start to finish . So Jack even if he panned out would not garner 4 million bucks per with any team at 35 years old with 37% and 27% shooting averages or even semi decent stats. Don't get me wrong I like the player.

Manu once again I said tops at 5 million per at worst which is still under the average salary. Is Manu not an average player? Yes the scale is high but he brings things that are not accounted for on the stat sheet. I think playing Green more would actually reduce his play. More is not always better. Why did they send him home with the big 3 in Miami during the year when it just started? He had a rocky start this year and played lots of minutes. Manu at anything above 5 million is insane. 6.5 million? 7.5 million? 8 million? That's others and that's not me.

In closing title or not........Manu and Splitter would have to be at the right money or let them walk or sign & trade. That's my opinion. Also BONNER MAKES MORE THAN GREEN! DON'T FORGET THAT!
that's the easiest question you've asked:

no he's not.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-10-13, 03:07 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Ok, where were you guys when I had 20 people yelling at me for saying this even before the finals?
right here!

where've you been tho?!
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-10-13, 03:27 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
So title or not........do you want him back? If so what cost? Don't just bash. Offer a solution.
My solution was to trade him before the trade deadline while he still had value. But since that didn't happen, I don't mind him back, but at a quarter of what he's making now. I do think he still has one great game left in him though. Last night was a fluke for the whole team.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-10-13, 03:28 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
that's the easiest question you've asked:

no he's not.
That's your opinion. At least you answered a simple question for once. What about your new boy Bonner being paid more than Green???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-10-13, 03:29 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
My solution was to trade him before the trade deadline while he still had value. But since that didn't happen, I don't mind him back, but at a quarter of what he's making now. I do think he still has one great game left in him though. Last night was a fluke for the whole team.
and that's fine you wanted to trade him. but for what???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-10-13, 03:40 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Hey Jose...didn't you say TD was done a couple of years ago?? First team ALL-NBA this season BTW.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-10-13, 03:47 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Hey Jose...didn't you say TD was done a couple of years ago?? First team ALL-NBA this season BTW.
yes then he fixed his diet.

is Manu fixing his diet and losing 20lbs or am i missing something?
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-10-13, 03:48 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
That's your opinion. At least you answered a simple question for once. What about your new boy Bonner being paid more than Green???
Bonner's contract came before Green's, as overpaid as it is. you're making assumptions after Green's contract. plus, it's a new CBA too, that changes everything.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-10-13, 03:52 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
yes then he fixed his diet.

is Manu fixing his diet and losing 20lbs or am i missing something?
Just admit you were wrong. It's easier and more manly. Let's have TMAC lose weight while we are at it......lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-10-13, 03:53 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
Bonner's contract came before Green's, as overpaid as it is. you're making assumptions after Green's contract. plus, it's a new CBA too, that changes everything.
So we agree on something....Bonner is overpaid? A SUMMER MIRACLE!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-10-13, 04:31 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,566

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
and that's fine you wanted to trade him. but for what???
I don't know, maybe Al Jefferson? Imagine the havoc he would be wreaking right now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-10-13, 04:38 PM
exit7's Avatar
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
yes then he fixed his diet.

is Manu fixing his diet and losing 20lbs or am i missing something?

LOL at this. You think Manu is struggling because he is too heavy, and doesn't eat right??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-10-13, 04:44 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit7 View Post
LOL at this. You think Manu is struggling because he is too heavy, and doesn't eat right??
I know lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-10-13, 04:46 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I don't know, maybe Al Jefferson? Imagine the havoc he would be wreaking right now.
Would have been nice if they had moved SJax (since they released him anyway), Bonner and a first rounder and 1 million cash for him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-10-13, 06:41 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
ok igree on everything but this part: "he's not like TD who got way more because of his name"? i tought it was for his stellar numbers and efficency... that happend to get better once contract year passed (usually this didnt happend)
where did his efficiency come from?

when TP or TD go down, the other is usually by themselves because Manu is already hurt. when Ginobili is hurt, it's usually the other Big 2 carrying the burden since 2003.

MG is earning $14 million with his new deal this season and has earned a similar yearly paycheck with that. he's played no where near that money.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-10-13, 08:36 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
where did his efficiency come from?

when TP or TD go down, the other is usually by themselves because Manu is already hurt. when Ginobili is hurt, it's usually the other Big 2 carrying the burden since 2003.

MG is earning $14 million with his new deal this season and has earned a similar yearly paycheck with that. he's played no where near that money.
I don't think anyone thought he played up to his contract the last two years.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-10-13, 08:38 PM
spurscrazed's Avatar
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,366

I am not worried. I know Manu will show up game 3 at HOME and the following games 4 and 5 too.

What happened in game 2 was very weird and I get it Pop was experimenting with the Spurs vs Heat because during the regular season Pop did not get to see the BIG 3 VS their BIG 3 you saw how The Commish fined the Spurs $250k!

Then the HEAT did the same thing which was weird because they did not get any fine!

Seriously though. Pop was def experimenting in that game 2 and I am positive Pop will put a HECK of a GAME PLAN tomorrow and Spurs will EXECUTE that GAME PLAN and never let go until they win!!!!
Still have FAITH in all my Spurs including MANU!

Go Spurs Go!
__________________
Yay!!They Did it! Again!
Congrats to our Spurs!
Congrats to Timaaaay Duncan & Co.!!!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!


Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-10-13, 08:49 PM
SPURSGIRL4Life's Avatar
SpursReport Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Ok, where were you guys when I had 20 people yelling at me for saying this even before the finals?
It wasn't what you said but HOW you said it that got people combative.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-10-13, 08:56 PM
spurs_believer's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 839

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSGIRL4Life View Post
It wasn't what you said but HOW you said it that got people combative.
Exactly.

The facts Uwe said about Manu can be quite honest but the way he presented them sounds like Manu has stolen his lunch throughout high school.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-10-13, 11:22 PM
kaji157's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,452

May i point out that many of the latin america analyst are saying that Ginobili is playing injuried since the begining of the playoffs and that he hasn´t really healed any of the two hamstrings he had.

I do agree that he is playing like ****, and i also don´t expect him to be great during games 3, 4 5 or whatever, because i do believe he has something bad with his legs.

But players do not grow older in 4 months, and that´s the time span between the begining of the season where he was shooting at his career averages and putting 20 a game and the time he got back from his first Hamstring Injury.

So my position is that none of you know the reality on why Manu is playing like this, and with the state of the team as of now, if Pop and RC thinks Manu is worth keeping then i would agree at any cost they keep him, because they know what Manu is cappable, and they know in the conditions he is playing right now.

That said, there is also the possibility that he is just sucking, but i find it very difficult to belive considering his level at the olympics, his level at the begining of the year, and his struggles at the FT line which CANT BE ACCOUNTED TO HIS AGE.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-10-13, 11:23 PM
JuanCaca's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
where did his efficiency come from?

when TP or TD go down, the other is usually by themselves because Manu is already hurt. when Ginobili is hurt, it's usually the other Big 2 carrying the burden since 2003.

MG is earning $14 million with his new deal this season and has earned a similar yearly paycheck with that. he's played no where near that money.
........
im talking about tim duncan... you say that he got his paycheck way over is value because is named tim duncan (unless i didnt perceive the essence of your post, im no that good in English) and I didnt agree tim duncan is playing above his price tag.
__________________
Im honored to be on this team right now because hes going to be great for years to come, and Im going to hold on as long as I can. -Tim Duncan on Kawhi Leonard.

Last edited by JuanCaca; 06-10-13 at 11:26 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-10-13, 11:56 PM
e_93gsx's Avatar
The Amazing!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Somewhere I wish I wasn't
Posts: 227

Time to give Manu his parade, offer him some kind of job with the front office and make some bobble heads of the guy. Then quietly push him out the door. I use to love Manu in the game now he makes me cringe when he goes in.
__________________
Be excellent to each other
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-11-13, 11:44 AM
Robofuzz's Avatar
Spartan Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Marble Falls, TX
Posts: 1,713

I'd be happy at this point if he would not turn the ball over. And that goes for Tony from Game 2 as well.
__________________
"I don't have anything to say to Mark Cuban. Not a thing." - Tim Duncan

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-11-13, 02:11 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Just admit you were wrong. It's easier and more manly. Let's have TMAC lose weight while we are at it......lol
LOL

was TD done back then? yes he was UNTIL he changed his diet. if he didn't change his diet, he wouldn't be here today on the court in the Finals.

that's like saying if someone gained 50lbs and they couldn't play anymore, i'd be wrong. if they lose 50lbs and they can play well, then i wasn't wrong.

just admit you love attention and we can move on i wasn't wrong. TD changed his diet and his lifestyle. if Manu does the same, he may last like Kobe has. until then and at this current pace, he's not lasting.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-11-13, 02:14 PM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
........
im talking about tim duncan... you say that he got his paycheck way over is value because is named tim duncan (unless i didnt perceive the essence of your post, im no that good in English) and I didnt agree tim duncan is playing above his price tag.
Duncan wasn't worth $21 million during the 2008-2010 years, he was vastly overpaid because he was Tim Duncan. Manu Ginobili IS vastly overpaid because he's Manu Ginobili at $14 million this season.

when TD was heavier and less effective, he wasn't worth that price tag (the same price tag KG and others had) and played better overall throughout the season and playoffs.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-11-13, 03:53 PM
JuanCaca's Avatar
SpursReport Team Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,632

uh oh. dang.... jose, i try again: your sentence didnt point to tim ducan past contract, look:

"at this point in his career, he's not like TD who
got way more because of his name."

im saying "at this point" just like you, that tim is playing better than other players with better paycheck. im not recalling past seasons since you didnt. anyway peace I dont agree with that sentence as is writed. over. thanks ;-)
__________________
Im honored to be on this team right now because hes going to be great for years to come, and Im going to hold on as long as I can. -Tim Duncan on Kawhi Leonard.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-12-13, 12:09 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
LOL

was TD done back then? yes he was UNTIL he changed his diet. if he didn't change his diet, he wouldn't be here today on the court in the Finals.

that's like saying if someone gained 50lbs and they couldn't play anymore, i'd be wrong. if they lose 50lbs and they can play well, then i wasn't wrong.

just admit you love attention and we can move on i wasn't wrong. TD changed his diet and his lifestyle. if Manu does the same, he may last like Kobe has. until then and at this current pace, he's not lasting.
He was never done. You never admit you're wrong but most of the time you just go away on the thread to avoid more jabs. Manu is not overweight.....did you see his dunk tonight?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-12-13, 12:35 AM
Rzarector7's Avatar
Dr. Doom!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 5,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
He was never done. You never admit you're wrong but most of the time you just go away on the thread to avoid more jabs. Manu is not overweight.....did you see his dunk tonight?
In his defense he did dunk tonight as you said but his shot is horrible and he turned it over doing silly crap again tonight. That is a fact. The overweight think I don't know about as thats probably not true! But he is definitely not right now or just older now and can't drive like he could and does some silly TO's out there that give the other team fuel. Forget Manu now we need to rely on others and what he gives is a bonus! IF he gives. Thats reality! One dunk will not change that Will. I love Manu but he is done right now as far as being a scorer and efficient player goes, thats where Green and Leonard come in now.

This to me is not about Manu anymore, this is about us winning the finals and these arguments are silly, it is what it is and watching play shows where he is at now. We need a team effort and if he contributes FINE! I will take it, but he is not a key to this team right now.
__________________
Win or lose this is a game -
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-12-13, 05:24 AM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
He was never done. You never admit you're wrong but most of the time you just go away on the thread to avoid more jabs. Manu is not overweight.....did you see his dunk tonight?
"he was never done", nice cop out.

"did you see Manu's dunk?"

yes, i saw Manu's WIDE OPEN DUNK set up by Kawhi Leonard sucking the defense in.

if that's your definition of not being done, that's laughable. Ginobili can still fly when there's a huge margin of error because the defender has his back turned. the guy can't get passed other guys when the defense is set, not even from a screen or a switch from a guy.

that was funny though. i knew someone would bring up that wide open dunk as a reason for him not to be done.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-12-13, 09:51 AM
pjm's Avatar
pjm pjm is offline
SR 2010 Western Conference Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 1,993

Actually I thought people were referring to the dunk that came at around the 4 minute mark of the 1st quarter. The one where Wade buys the fake 3 pointer and Manu drives all the way from the 3 point line to the rim.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-12-13, 11:32 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
"he was never done", nice cop out.

"did you see Manu's dunk?"

yes, i saw Manu's WIDE OPEN DUNK set up by Kawhi Leonard sucking the defense in.

if that's your definition of not being done, that's laughable. Ginobili can still fly when there's a huge margin of error because the defender has his back turned. the guy can't get passed other guys when the defense is set, not even from a screen or a switch from a guy.

that was funny though. i knew someone would bring up that wide open dunk as a reason for him not to be done.
First part was referring to Duncan not being done. I guess Manu was an all star two years ago and got super fat between that time and now even though his figure on the court doesn't show it. Yeah right it's all in his diet. You are so right. Do you ever understand people's posts or just see and understand what you want to reply to???

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 06-12-13 at 11:55 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-12-13, 11:46 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
In his defense he did dunk tonight as you said but his shot is horrible and he turned it over doing silly crap again tonight. That is a fact. The overweight think I don't know about as thats probably not true! But he is definitely not right now or just older now and can't drive like he could and does some silly TO's out there that give the other team fuel. Forget Manu now we need to rely on others and what he gives is a bonus! IF he gives. Thats reality! One dunk will not change that Will. I love Manu but he is done right now as far as being a scorer and efficient player goes, thats where Green and Leonard come in now.

This to me is not about Manu anymore, this is about us winning the finals and these arguments are silly, it is what it is and watching play shows where he is at now. We need a team effort and if he contributes FINE! I will take it, but he is not a key to this team right now.
I'm not saying Manu is Manu after dunking. I'm saying he is not overweight. His miles are high and he is older. That's the main reason not his diet or weight. My point was only on that subject not Manu is back baby!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-12-13, 12:19 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,851

Jose G put TMAC on a diet too lol.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0