News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-13, 08:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Are the Spurs content with a 1-1 split?

Feels like a trap game for some reason. Lebron only with a few points and leaving shooters open. Need to let Leonard do his thing defensively on James until he decides to go crazy. Plus Leonard has no fouls and Manu looks lost so far.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-13, 08:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

No but the referees are?
Old 06-09-13, 09:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I guess they went there to get one. But there were a few guys that looked like hammered dog crap.... Especially Manu and Tiago. If they sign either one of those guys to larger than expected contracts, I'll be disappointed. Tiago like Bonner... Are not built for the playoffs. Stephen Jackson is being missed right now. Kawhi is using a lot of energy on Lebron. Would be nice to have both them on the court together.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-13, 09:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Agree, Manu especially looked really bad, he and TP we not strong with the ball at all!
Old 06-09-13, 09:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Poor Danny Green didn't get any help today. 2 good games for DG4. Hopefully it continues for him. Can we call him the most consistent in 2 games? Which is bad for us.
Old 06-09-13, 09:37 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

I didnt see any adjustments by the spurs and the inability and lack of mental focus from manu especially was especially disappointing.
Old 06-09-13, 09:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
I didnt see any adjustments by the spurs and the inability and lack of mental focus from manu especially was especially disappointing.
No breakfast for Manu!
Old 06-09-13, 09:42 PM
The Master Baiter

But Manu made the one good play so it makes up for all his suckiness.

Truth be told, Timmy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn either. And they confused TP also.
Old 06-09-13, 09:50 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I was remembering documental about fan strategies against visitor teams... like loud party-parade outside hotels or ring phone 2 or 3 times to wakeup opponents star....

now, since it appears manu and others has no gas, we need those loud neighbors outside miami players hotel overnight lolol
Old 06-09-13, 09:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
But Manu made the one good play so it makes up for all his suckiness.

Truth be told, Timmy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn either. And they confused TP also.
That seems to be Manus thing.... Look bad a lot of times and 1 or 2 plays makes up for it. But it's all good, San Antonio hit first and Miami counter punched. Now the next move is on the silver and black. Home cooking always helps.
Old 06-10-13, 01:48 AM
SpursReport Rookie

IMO I would rather have various players have a bad game onthe same night. Not to sure what was inspiring the rotations in game 2. If anyone has some insight I would love to hear it!
Old 06-10-13, 06:18 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

A 1 - 1 split without getting owned would have been planned.... so not quite what we wanted
Old 06-10-13, 09:40 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I've been one of Manus biggest supporters here, but have to agree, last night was awful. I've also said, we can't win a title without him contributing in a big way. So, in reality, that's where we are this year. We saw last night, we got more touches, more looks, and nice games from Kawhi and Green. We need that from them, but we need Manu to step it up to win in this series. We can live with his game one play, but not last night. But if we are being truthful, the exact same thing can be said about Tony and Tim. Both were horrendous last nite too. Because of his style, Manus play presents itself to look as bad as it was. Because of Timmy's style, we get lost with his game performance when he has a bad game, just like we overlook his typical efficient game. Last night might have been his worst finals game ever.

I'm a little confused on how Pop let it get away. We had turnovers, quick shots, rushed shots, and didn't get back on D. He seemed content to let the game run its course. It's almost as he was using the loss in the fourth quarter to make a point, or motivate his rotation guys. That's an awfully big risk in a finals series. It's going to be hard to win 3 straight at home. I think if we are going to win this, we are going to have to take one more in Miami. We have played them pretty much straight up for 7 quarters there, and lost focus in one. Shows you how little room for that we have.
Old 06-10-13, 10:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Content? No, but I don't think they're hanging their heads. Miami was always going to come out with as much energy as possible in Game 2. Let 'em wear themselves down and hit back in games 3 and 4 with the short turnarounds.

I don't mean to suggest that the Spurs never intended to play to win, just that they understood the big picture. We never had a chance in Game 2, so might as well come away rested rather than banged up fighting for a win that isn't going to come.
Old 06-10-13, 03:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

We did what we were suppose to do in Miami, we splitted the games, were you really guys expecting to win both games at MIAMI, over the champs and Joey Crawford referring? Come on, but Manu needs to get it together or we aint winning this thing, at least do not make so many turnovers manu, come on dude, i still support the guy
Old 06-10-13, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMadrid12 View Post
We did what we were suppose to do in Miami, we splitted the games, were you really guys expecting to win both games at MIAMI, over the champs and Joey Crawford referring? Come on, but Manu needs to get it together or we aint winning this thing, at least do not make so many turnovers manu, come on dude, i still support the guy
we were 2-0 before this game with Joey Crawford officiating. he didn't make the Spurs lose this game.
Old 06-10-13, 05:05 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

anything can happend, (injury, a very good team beating you in your home court) so is stoopid to think for a second, "hey we won game 1, lets give game 2", if you had a chance to compete and win, then go and destroy (Memphis style), if not, why not simply sit tim manu kawhi tony for game 2?
Old 06-10-13, 06:16 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
we were 2-0 before this game with Joey Crawford officiating. he didn't make the Spurs lose this game.
it was a joke with Joey, I was just adding to the sarcasm of the reasons we lost, but there is always that weird feeling with him and referees the spurs.
Old 06-10-13, 11:06 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
If anyone blames the REFS for this game they are delusional.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.