News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-13, 03:09 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Official NBA Finals Game #2 Spurs at Heat Game Thread (Sunday 7:00)

2012-13 SAN ANTONIO SPURS GAME NOTES
SAN ANTONIO SPURS (58-24, 13-2, 1-0) AT MIAMI HEAT (66-16, 12-5, 0-1)
Sunday, June 9, 2013
7:00 P.M. CT
AmericanAirlines Arena
PLAYOFF GAME #16 | NBA FINALS GAME #2 | ROAD PLAYOFF GAME #9
TV: ABC | RADIO: WOAI 1200/KCOR 1350 AM

• The Spurs are 24-5 all-time in best-of-7 playoff series after winning Game 1. This includes victories in nine of their last 10 such series.

• During Miami's Big 3 era, they have trailed a playoff series 1-0 on three occasions (2011 vs. Bulls, 2012 vs. Thunder, 2013 vs. Bulls) and come back to win each series in five games.

• The Spurs turned the ball over just four times in Game 1 -- the fewest turnovers by a team in any game this postseason. The Heat's eight points off turnovers tied for their second-fewest in a playoff game in the Big 3 era.

• Tim Duncan, who recorded 20 points and 14 rebounds in Game 1, has now blocked multiple shots in six consecutive playoff games.

• Tony Parker had 21 points, six assists and no turnovers in Game 1 -- marking the 15th time in Parker's career (including the postseason) that he has had at least 20 points and six assists with no turnovers in a game. Since the 2002-03 season, only LeBron James (25), Chauncey Billups (24) and Joe Johnson (20) have recorded more such games.

• LeBron James had 18 points, 18 rebounds and 10 assists in Game 1, giving him his third triple-double in the NBA Finals -- the second most in Finals history (Magic Johnson eight).

• Chris Bosh has now shot just 28.0 percent (14/50) from the field over his last five playoff games, while averaging just 8.2 points and 5.0 rebounds per game during the stretch.

Spurs-Heat Game 2 Preview

By BRIAN MAHONEY
AP Basketball Writer

MIAMI (AP) The NBA Finals. Just being here can be memorable - and miserable.
And surprise, it's those supposedly stoic Spurs who are having more fun, while the South Beach bunch is a little grumpy and grouchy.

The Miami Heat may be on top of the basketball world, but there's no joy unless they stay there.

"Playoffs ain't fun, man. I'm sorry to bust anyone on the outside's bubble," Dwyane Wade said. "As a player in the playoffs, you have no joy until it's over and you won. If you don't win, you have no joy for a while."

Down 1-0 after a record regular season that goes for naught without another title, the Heat can turn their moods around with a victory over San Antonio on Sunday night in Game 2.
Back in the finals for a third straight year, the Heat have lost some of the ability to enjoy the ride. With exorbitant expectations, all that matters is the destination.
But San Antonio, absent from this stage for six years, is soaking up what could be its last shot for Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.

After all, Duncan is pretty ancient - at least, according to those wise-cracking Spurs.
"Older than dirt," coach Gregg Popovich called him this week.

Parker listed him at age 50 - Duncan is actually 37 - and the repeated ribbing appears almost out of character for a franchise that was often considered the definition of basketball blandness.

"My friends and everybody on the team, we get like the funny Instagram doctored-up photos or jokes where they're making fun of how old some of the people on our team are who shall remain nameless," reserve Matt Bonner said. "And we get a kick out of that."

Despite the notion they're old, the Spurs are actually overall the younger, less-experienced team in these finals. Miami has nine players in their 30s to the six on the Spurs, and their Big Three and Bonner are the only Spurs to have played in the NBA Finals.

That makes it easier for the Spurs to enjoy this trip more than when they were the team expected to be here every year.

"We definitely are having fun," Parker said. "I think we appreciate every moment. We don't take anything for granted, because it's been a long time. It's been six years. Felt like forever. After the Memphis series, there was a lot of emotion."

Heat veteran Shane Battier wasn't exactly sold on the notion of this Spurs transformation into a happy-go-lucky group.

"Don't believe them, first of all," he said. "They are extreme competitors and they have a level of self-deprecation I think that is part of them, but don't buy it for one second. Those guys are killers. They're cut-throat and they will stomp on you if need be, and we're the same way.

"We appreciate the opportunity to play in the finals. Difficult to get here. Hardest thing you'll do in this game is to try and win a championship, so we appreciate the opportunity and we want to make the most of it," he said.

But he agreed with Wade that the playoffs aren't fun.

"No, they're not," he said. "They're stimulating. You feel alive. I wouldn't say fun, but there's no other place I'd rather be. It's kind of a misery you enjoy. You're cranky, especially after a loss. You don't like the other team. You're just a general grouch, but it's the time you feel most alive as a basketball player and there's nothing like it. Once you taste it, you don't want to live without it."

It's a grind, though, for a team that will be playing its 100th game of the season Sunday. Wade has battled a painful right knee for a while, Chris Bosh is in a shooting slump, and the minutes are adding up for LeBron James, who has played deep into June the last three years and then competed in the Olympics last year.

"It's a toll for myself to go through what I've been through the last 2 1/2 years. But I've been blessed, I've been blessed to be able to be in three finals, I've been blessed to be a part of a great Olympic team and to play basketball, the game that I love," James said.
"I'm not going to be able to do it forever. The opportunities that the game has given me for the last couple of years, I wouldn't substitute that for rest," he said.

James and the Heat at least got some with two days off following the Spurs' 92-88 victory in Game 1. Both James and Wade had mentioned fatigue when talking about Miami's poor fourth-quarter performance, just three nights after the end of a difficult, seven-game series against Indiana to decide the Eastern Conference championship.

The break gave the Heat more time to examine ways their own Big Three can be successful on offense, as well as get some more defensive pressure on the Spurs, who committed just four turnovers - none by Parker - in the opener.

"I think it's been great for us, these last I don't know how many hours it's been since Game 1," James said. "But we've used the time, I think, wisely in this case."

They showed up in better spirits Saturday, James and Wade among several players taking part in a post-practice shooting contest, the kind of fun it seemed they would always have from the moment they debuted as Miami teammates three years ago in a welcoming party that rivaled a rock concert.

There will be time for partying if they rally to win the series after a one-game deficit, just as they did last year in the finals. The Heat haven't lost consecutive games in five months, and they know this is no time to start.

"We're not a team that really says too much this is a must-win game, but this is a must-win game for us," Wade said. "We have to win this game at home."

Last edited by Eddy from Austin; 06-08-13 at 06:17 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-08-13, 04:26 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

SAN ANTONIO SPURS (58-24, 13-2, 1-0)

MIAMI HEAT (66-16, 12-5, 0-1)

Spurs 107
Heat 98

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-08-13, 04:49 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

If the Spurs can take game 2 in Miami, the Heat will have a helluva time getting out of San Antonio.
Old 06-08-13, 05:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Spurs - 93

Heat - 90
Old 06-08-13, 06:22 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Old 06-09-13, 04:36 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I think the Spurs pull this one off - 95-90
Old 06-09-13, 07:45 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

James and Wade each go to the line a minimum of 12 times. Sorry, but I think the refs give this one to the heatles, the league and abc can't afford to have them go down 2-0. Remember in game 1 both Tim and Kawhi both picked up two quick fouls, the only thing that was different was that James didn't drive, he's going to try and drive to the basket this time.

And our refs for tonight are: drumroll please......

Joe Crawford - Fairly evenly, 50.2% of fouls he's called are against the road team

Ed Malloy - 52.7%of fouls he's called during the playoffs are against the road team

Ken Mauer - 54.4% of fouls he's called during the playoffs are against the road team
Alt - Marc Davis

Malloy also calls an average of 1.2 technicals against the road team only 0.4 against the home team - Crawford is even there also 0.9 average for both home and road, Mauer hasn't called any T's in 3 games

Could be a long night....

Last edited by MichaelWi101; 06-09-13 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-09-13, 11:06 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Miami 107, Spurs 93. Miami hasn't lost consecutive games since January, and they're not going to until games 3 and 4 next week.
Old 06-09-13, 11:16 AM
Official SR Home Builder

SPURS 102
HEAT 98

I got your heat right here!
Old 06-09-13, 11:30 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Here are the ref for tonight's game 2 in Miami

Official 1: Joe Crawford
Official 2: Ed Malloy
Official 3: Ken Mauer
Alternate: Marc Davis

BTW I believe LBJ hates Joe Crawford already from last Indi series.

Those disruptive, power abusers, and distracting refs are expected to screw few games in this series for both teams and win some games that is like a law that we can never get over in the league....

This should NOT make my Spurs less aggressive and less confident!!!
The only way Spurs can win is if they keep their confidence and composure and determination.

Spurs will have to bring their A+ Game tonight and stick it to all of the Heat players plus those other zebras. So all the time Spurs have to keep some reserve in case Zebras made some ugly calls...:shocked

There is ZERO room for ERRORS tonight. Spurs need to be 100% on everything they do. If they mess up anything this game is over!!!

I think no one should stop the Spurs but Spurs. I think Pop and Spurs should embrace all this challenge this game 2 brings and get the most of it and nail it.!!! Stick it to them and the Miami Heat!

Believe in those Spurs they worked all year long and they HATE losing enough to enforce their will now...

I think game 2 with all and I mean ALL the pressure is HUGE on the HEAT is going to be a decisive game in this series. Because if Spurs win this game 2, chances of Heat winning this series is VERY SLIM. But if the HEAT even this series then HEAT will have a chance to steal one in SA then go finish it in Miami.

This game 2 is a maker or breaker for Miami. So much steak is on this game!

And because the pressure is so high on Miami and for the BIGGEST reason Miami thinks that since they never lost 2 in a row since Jan, where they had to play on the road in Indiana then in Portland with only one day apart, which was a challenge with the long travel etc...

Now the HEAT are at HOME and they are adjusting in the PO so far, but I can't see the HEAT adjust vs. my Spurs. Heat will not find so many things to adjust since Spurs had very few errors they made in Game 1.

Add to that Spurs played with a whole lot of rust in game 1.

I believe my Spurs Will Power, FOCUS, and that never let go until you win Confident attitude will again will them to win this game 2.

SPURS TEAM Momentum from game 1 WIN game 2 IMO!
Because Spurs played more like a TEAM than Miami last game and Miami are still believe it or not exhausted more mentally than physically since Indiana's series and will find it hard to recover in this short time therefore Spurs win game 2.

LETS Go Spurs Go

You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-09-13, 02:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

SPURS, WHERE a big difference happens...

Old 06-09-13, 03:39 PM
Herman Cain of the board

BONNER SUCKS! GO SPURS GO!!
Old 06-09-13, 04:25 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbertopd View Post

:applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

very nice!!!

Old 06-09-13, 05:07 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbertopd View Post

Nice :applause
Old 06-09-13, 05:37 PM

WOW jalbertopd!!!!

Your Picture Rocks!
GREAT PICTURE!
On my Desktop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Spurs Go!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-09-13, 06:04 PM

TRUE SPURS MOTIVATION RING!!!!
LETS GO SPURS GO!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-09-13, 07:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Guessing Lebron is going to play all 48 minutes?
Old 06-09-13, 09:14 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

unable to watch live... is timmy ok? noticed he is not playing even when was only -10points ... maybe pop i saving him, or what?
Old 06-09-13, 10:27 PM
Spartan Moderator

Well that sucked.

Old 06-09-13, 10:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

1-1
Old 06-09-13, 11:07 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
unable to watch live... is timmy ok? noticed he is not playing even when was only -10points ... maybe pop i saving him, or what?
Timmy was fine. Just got out of hand
Old 06-10-13, 01:05 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

thanks!
Old 06-10-13, 01:25 AM

Sadly how our Spurs got complacent by winning game 1 and gave in EASILY easily in game 2!!!

It was not supposed to be easy and will never be that easy!

Spurs have to just know it by now.

No one is going to hand it to you!

YOU HAVE TO GO GET IT!!!!!

No one cares about some team who got here and then dropped to the floor. I thought Spurs where the AGGRESSORS game 1 but Game 2 was a different story. Heat were the AGGRESSORS so Heat won.

Spurs played with no PASSION. No HEART. NO PRIDE!

Nothing was about X's and O's.

It was all about MENTAL BREAKDOWN and not staying focused for 48 min.

Complacency Sucks!

I Still believe in my Spurs and they WILL win the next 3 games at home at least!!!!!There is a chance even that Miami will NEVER EVER win a game this Finals vs my Spurs if SPURS GOT REAL REAL REAL TOUGH here in San Antoino!!!

Go Spurs Go!

Let's end this series in San Antonio and have the HEAT LOSE 3 in a row... After all those never lost b2b crap in Miami since Jan 13.... Wouldn't that be the SWEETEST SPURS FINALS CLINCH WINS EVER!!!!

Go Spurs Go
:drummer

Go Spurs Go!!!!