SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   If D.Howard wants to silence all critics, he should sign with the Spurs! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119689-if-d-howard-wants-silence-all-critics-he-should-sign-spurs.html)

stuffedmushroomz 06-07-13 07:18 PM

If D.Howard wants to silence all critics, he should sign with the Spurs!

Ok, I know it sounds freakin crazy but
the dude needs some serious rehab on his
Reputation and there is NO better place
to do that than with The Spurs!

Look he could partner up with TD for his
last 2yrs, he would have the best PG in
the league, Tiago will probably follow
the money Unless he wants to win. He'll
backup Howard. So he and Manu would sign
for less.

Call me crazy but if Howard would like to
be where the Spurs are right now, he would
should sign with the Spurs!

Just sayin!:banana

TimmyDthaWay2B 06-07-13 07:27 PM

i'm not sure Pop would want him.

Uwe Blab 06-07-13 07:55 PM

Silencing critics is the furthest thing from his mind. Scratch that. Maturity and heart are even further.

Jose_TheGenius 06-07-13 10:13 PM

i don't think it'd be shocking critics so much as wanting to win. the problem with him in LA isn't touches, but it's his role in the offense. basically, with Mike Brown the whole team hated the "Princeton offense" because you had to keep moving and the ball wasn't guaranteed on a play. with D'Antoni, you either have a 1-5 pick and roll (which Kobe isn't giving allowing) or a Kobe centered offense.

with the Spurs, it'd be different. you let Splitter go and Howard is now in just about every play on the court with a pick and roll with Parker. Duncan is spotting up nowadays too, so that's not a problem and the 2 & 3's in the offense are spotting up.

joyner 06-07-13 11:20 PM

And then while we're at it, we can bring Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson out of retirement and shift TP to second-string, bring 2003 and 2005 TD forward in a time machine, and then resurrect the zombie corpse of Wilt Chamberlain to play center.

We don't have the cap room to sign Dwight Howard, no one on the Spurs would want him, and he wouldn't want to be here. I don't even know how these ridiculous ideas gain steam around here.

uthscsamd 06-08-13 12:46 AM

I don't want him.

b1gdon 06-08-13 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1298712)
i don't think it'd be shocking critics so much as wanting to win. the problem with him in LA isn't touches, but it's his role in the offense. basically, with Mike Brown the whole team hated the "Princeton offense" because you had to keep moving and the ball wasn't guaranteed on a play. with D'Antoni, you either have a 1-5 pick and roll (which Kobe isn't giving allowing) or a Kobe centered offense.

with the Spurs, it'd be different. you let Splitter go and Howard is now in just about every play on the court with a pick and roll with Parker. Duncan is spotting up nowadays too, so that's not a problem and the 2 & 3's in the offense are spotting up.

First, I want to say that I think Howard is the best center in basketball and any team in the NBA would want him over at least one of the guys they currently have manning the post. That said, I think there would be major problems fitting Howard in the Spurs system and at the end of the day, he wouldn't be worth the salary slot the Spurs would have to allocate to him.

On just a chemistry/cultural issue, he would enter the Spurs firmly in Pop's doghouse. Let us not forget the utter contempt Pop had for Howard over his demeanor and performance during the all-star game. Do a Google search for "dwight howard popovich" and the first article that pops up is a bleacher report story titled, "Gregg Popovich Reportedly Cursed Out Dwight Howard at 2013 ..." Scroll down a little and you the following from a more reliable source:

Quote:

Dwight Howard ticked off Gregg Popovich during the All-Star Game? - CBSSports.com

According to ESPN, via Complex, West coach Gregg Popovich was drawing Howard up a play during a timeout. But when he looked up to confirm it, Howard wasn't there, but instead talking and joking with courtside celebrities and such. So, reportedly, Popovich scrapped it and lobbed a few f-bombs while doing so.

The All-Star Game is obviously a place for hijinks and silliness, but even Howard was out there too much. In the second half, Howard attempted a 3 -- his second of the game -- and made it, to which Popovoch immediately subbed him out. Planned, or something to that?

Who knows. And who even knows how true this story of heresay is. Point is, it certainly seems true because of Howard's reputations. Kobe Bryant has talked about how the Lakers need to be more serious, how guys need to quit laughing and smiling after losses. I don't think it takes a genius to figure out whom he might be talking about.
That is a rather poor first impression to have made with your future head coach.

stuffedmushroomz 06-08-13 01:30 AM

Hahaha! Hey I told ya it was crazy
But it could be sort of Rehab for him. Lol

e_93gsx 06-08-13 06:25 AM

Sure maybe he will also agree to come here cheap.

drcantgetright 06-08-13 07:58 AM

He would get cut

Spurd_On 06-08-13 10:51 AM

If Dwight Howard wants to silence his critics, I think he should sign with Charlotte or some other team that has no immediate future unless he commits.

Mombear 06-08-13 01:14 PM

Pop would make him cry... :cry

spurscrazed 06-08-13 02:06 PM

Dwight Howard will stay in LA as a Laker

He will not leave there because Kobe will not let him do so.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tmwtBDxIGa0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In an interview with ESPN, Kobe Bryant said he'll have the final word on Dwight Howard, although he understands Dwight has the right to test free agency

Jose_TheGenius 06-08-13 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscrazed (Post 1298744)
Dwight Howard will stay in LA as a Laker

He will not leave there because Kobe will not let him do so.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tmwtBDxIGa0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

In an interview with ESPN, Kobe Bryant said he'll have the final word on Dwight Howard, although he understands Dwight has the right to test free agency

i do remember Metta saying he'd "kill" Bonzi Wells if he didn't re-sign with the Kings one year :lol

Dwight's a proud guy and so is Kobe. as much as Kobe may want to keep Dwight, Howard doesn't like D'Antoni (who Kobe loves) and doesn't like an outside-inside game (no one else should either).

drcantgetright 06-08-13 05:06 PM

If Dwight stays it is for the cash. Hard to argue for $30 mil guaranteed dollars...whether u blow a knee or never get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Dwight would silence his critics if he would not give up on his team

spurscrazed 06-08-13 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1298748)
i do remember Metta saying he'd "kill" Bonzi Wells if he didn't re-sign with the Kings one year :lol

Dwight's a proud guy and so is Kobe. as much as Kobe may want to keep Dwight, Howard doesn't like D'Antoni (who Kobe loves) and doesn't like an outside-inside game (no one else should either).

I don't know Jose, but I find it hard to Howard to leave the Lakers now.

I agree with him being a proud guy and a free agent so he will try to test the waters out, but I would think Howard would be fool to leave Le Lakers. I think the Lakers will be Howard's team eventually.

Kobe CAN and WILL demand a coaching change IMO and maybe in the new Lakers' Front office Howard would find himself better staying there...

b1gdon 06-09-13 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscrazed (Post 1298769)

I agree with him being a proud guy and a free agent so he will try to test the waters out, but I would think Howard would be fool to leave Le Lakers. I think the Lakers will be Howard's team eventually.

Kobe CAN and WILL demand a coaching change IMO and maybe in the new Lakers' Front office Howard would find himself better staying there...

Other than the name, the Lakers have almost nothing in way of talent or assets to make signing there attractive. Artest will be amnestied, Kobe makes $30M, their starting point guard is 40 and they have no bench or young talent to speak of whatsoever. Their only asset is a 32 year old PF/C who is clearly on the downside of his career and is no longer worth the $20M he will make next year making his bird rights irrelevant. If he decides to stay, Howard will become a convenient scapegoat for the Lakers not making the playoffs next year which is almost guaranteed as the West is once again ridiculously stacked. The top seven teams in the west are almost locks for the playoffs next year and Uta, Min, Dal, Por, and NO will all be legit contenders for that last spot.

katyspursfan 06-09-13 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscrazed (Post 1298769)

The lakers may be Howard's team eventually, which means he'll get all the blame when the lottery picks start coming. That would be fun in LA.
He'd be wise to get out now.

spurscrazed 06-09-13 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1298773)
Other than the name, the Lakers have almost nothing in way of talent or assets to make signing there attractive. Artest will be amnestied, Kobe makes $30M, their starting point guard is 40 and they have no bench or young talent to speak of whatsoever. Their only asset is a 32 year old PF/C who is clearly on the downside of his career and is no longer worth the $20M he will make next year making his bird rights irrelevant. If he decides to stay, Howard will become a convenient scapegoat for the Lakers not making the playoffs next year which is almost guaranteed as the West is once again ridiculously stacked. The top seven teams in the west are almost locks for the playoffs next year and Uta, Min, Dal, Por, and NO will all be legit contenders for that last spot.

Howard could go anywhere else. But he should stick to his team for a change this time and demand they bring new coach and some good players around him. Good Coaching is their key to advance with Howard and the new players they bring around him.

spurscrazed 06-09-13 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katyspursfan (Post 1298775)
The lakers may be Howard's team eventually, which means he'll get all the blame when the lottery picks start coming. That would be fun in LA.
He'd be wise to get out now.

Maybe they get lottery and they rebuild around Howard!!!
Or maybe they bring new good players around Howard next year too.
It would be interesting to see what the Big Howard is going to do because he wanted to go to a big market so he has few cities that can satisfy his hunger for Big Market....

katyspursfan 06-09-13 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscrazed (Post 1298783)
Maybe they get lottery and they rebuild around Howard!!!
Or maybe they bring new good players around Howard next year too.
It would be interesting to see what the Big Howard is going to do because he wanted to go to a big market so he has few cities that can satisfy his hunger for Big Market....

Harden to Howard for the score!

Lakers aren't in the lottery now, while Howard has to make his decision.
Personally, I'd put Houston a couple percentage points ahead today. A month from now? Who knows?

WILLTHETHRILL 06-09-13 05:32 PM

D12 will go to HTown in my view. He can take advantage of no state income tax in Texas.