News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-13, 12:21 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Gif: Manu's Sick Pass!!!! :) !!!! What a Pass!!!

The Manu pass at the very bottom of this quickie recap is just sickeningly awesome...

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_NBA

Manu Wid Dat Sicky Pass!!!!

You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-13, 12:38 PM
The Master Baiter

That pass defies the laws of physics. Great pass, although it didn't result in anything. Manu actually played well early in this game, then made some stupid mistakes in crunch time. Can't hide those, and they don't show up in the stats, pjm.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-13, 12:55 PM

There was a chance that pass might have lead to a three point.

Manu threw off those defensive HEAT players with that BOOOYAAA PASS!!!

It is not Manu's fault that other Spurs player did not make his shot.

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-07-13, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSRk...e_gdata_player

Not as amazing as this one... How did I miss this?
Old 06-07-13, 01:20 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
That pass defies the laws of physics. Great pass, although it didn't result in anything. Manu actually played well early in this game, then made some stupid mistakes in crunch time. Can't hide those, and they don't show up in the stats, pjm.
He helped with the win bottom line. Who would you rather have out there? TMAC? Bonner? Who blew a point blank shot one foot away from the rim?
Old 06-07-13, 01:22 PM

Here you go TimmyDthaWay2B

Ha Ha yeah that was a great one too....
Wow Another sicky awesome Manu Pass!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-07-13, 01:27 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSRk...e_gdata_player
Not as amazing as this one... How did I miss this?
Wow!? I didn't see that either at the start of the 2nd quarter and I recorded the game and replayed it later last night. And Manu threw that pass between Cole's legs as Cole was moving laterally, or are my eyes playing tricks on me? Nice catch TimmyD.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 06-07-13, 01:51 PM
SR 2010 Western Conference Champion

Quote:
I guess I'll have to go back and watch those last five minutes again. But feel free to enlighten me on those stupid mistakes in the meantime.
Just went back to the play-by-play of last night's game for the last 5 minutes of the game.
Teams went 9-9 in that span.
All I can see from Ginobili is a missed layup, a missed 3 pointer (at the end of the shot clock, not with 15+ seconds left), a steal, an assist (for a Green 3-pointer) and a foul on James for 2 FTs.
From Miami's side, save for the 3 free throws from Allen (on Green's foul), all points in the last 5 minutes came from James (not the player Manu would be guarding save for that foul for the 2 FTs)
So feel free to point me to those "stupid mistakes" you mention.

As I said before, Manu still needs to improve his shooting percentage (all throughout the game and specially at the end of games), but other than that he is still helping the team in many other ways.
Old 06-07-13, 02:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Thanks Spurscrazed. Amazing how he timed that. Blows my mind.
Old 06-07-13, 03:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So I guess we can keep Manu for one more game?
Old 06-07-13, 03:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

With 19 seconds on the shot clock, he was probably trying to shoot, ball slipped out of his hands and Spurs got this instead of a turnover.

Nice freakin' pass.
Old 06-07-13, 04:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That first pass had some nasty English on it!

As for the second pass, I think it was meant to go in front of the defender and Manu just got lucky. I'll take lucky any day!

Better hope Pop never sees that pass!
Old 06-07-13, 04:32 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipper-boy View Post
That first pass had some nasty English on it!

As for the second pass, I think it was meant to go in front of the defender and Manu just got lucky. I'll take lucky any day!

Better hope Pop never sees that pass!
Lets hope he starts getting lucky on some of those late 4th quarter 3's

But man those passes are insane :shocked
Old 06-07-13, 04:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

hate the music but this is a great video of all of Manu's passes between the legs. Manu has a great talent about making those passes and being successful with them. He almost looks natural at making them. Of course he turns it over a lot but he seems to make a lot more of those. I even remember hearing him say they were an easier way to pass than an overhead pass.
Manu Ginobili Nutmeg Mix - YouTube
Old 06-07-13, 08:00 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Manu must have spent hours at the miniature golf course shooting balls past the windmill to hit that shot!
Old 06-07-13, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Don't forget also that Manu hit those TIMELY Threes at the second half to bring the Spurs back in the game!!!Those Threes Manu connected on WHERE HUGE!!!! Very Much Needed!!!!

I really thought that Manu was playing careful and tried so well to stick with the game plan and kept his composure all game long. His rhythm was in a rut. But that does not mean Manu will do not do better in the next games.

Those errors for all Spurs players were minimized at that game. I am looking for all Spurs to even do better in game 2 with them getting their rhythm back...

Watch out Heat because Spurs were just warming up! You Haven't seen the full power Spurs yet!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-07-13, 10:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

That's the one I was amazed by. The curve ball was nice too. But when the commentators ignored that one bt the legs, I almost crushed the remote....
Old 06-09-13, 12:03 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Even when Manu is not scoring he is doing so much and let's not forget his D on Wade. He made some great passes and had several crucial & timely rebounds. Only thing he did not do is make shots including a couple at the rim (but got fouled on 1), missed a couple of FT's and the open 3's. He makes those and the game is a blowout! Wait and see what he does in Game 2. The only really bonehead play for the game was Green's foul late in the game on the Allen 3!
Old 06-09-13, 05:29 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

From Pacer Digest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
somehow I did not notice this pass last night

or this one...

Notice how he spins the ball to get it around the reach of Wade

If they would quit watching Lebron and wade... maybe they would have caught some of the great passes the Spurs were making.