SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   FINALS SCHEDULE conspiration theory (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119685-finals-schedule-conspiration-theory.html)

JuanCaca 06-07-13 09:58 AM

FINALS SCHEDULE conspiration theory

• Game 1 in Miami: Thursday, June 6
  • Game 2 in Miami: Sunday, June 9
  • Game 3 in San Antonio: Tuesday, June 11
  • Game 4 in San Antonio: Thursday, June 13
  • Game 5 in San Antonio: Sunday, June 16
  • Game 6 in Miami: Tuesday, June 18
  • Game 7 in Miami: Thursday, June 20
i was thinking about the scheduling and wondering if its deliberated to help miami :rolleyes

interesting that games in SA are with one day of rest only, except game 5, that schedule works against veteran stars who end riming and air balling in 4th quarter due tired legs.....

whe saw that scheduling tired A LOT SA spurs against GS warriors... almost shure miami gona take 1st or 2nd game @ SA

so, SA must bring all the effort to get game 2 in miami or gonna be very tough close miami in miami.... where btw again games are with one day of rest:banghead:banghead

pjm 06-07-13 10:08 AM

I think the scheduling is all about TV. The broadcaster wanted games to be played on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Usually you would want a series to start on Tuesday so the biggest rest (from Thursday to Sunday) comes when teams have to travel from the East to the West or viceversa.
But due to how the series in earlier stages went this year, they couldn't get to start the Finals on June 4th and waiting until June 11th to start was not going to cut it.

I don't believe this was intended against San Antonio either, since the June 6th start was scheduled when the Conference Finals were ongoing and at that time people still expected Memphis to have a chance.

b1gdon 06-07-13 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjm (Post 1298628)
I think the scheduling is all about TV. The broadcaster wanted games to be played on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Usually you would want a series to start on Tuesday so the biggest rest (from Thursday to Sunday) comes when teams have to travel from the East to the West or viceversa.
But due to how the series in earlier stages went this year, they couldn't get to start the Finals on June 4th and waiting until June 11th to start was not going to cut it.

I don't believe this was intended against San Antonio either, since the June 6th start was scheduled when the Conference Finals were ongoing and at that time people still expected Memphis to have a chance.

The finals schedule is actually set in the pre-season.

MichaelWi101 06-07-13 11:55 AM

I think it'll actually be tougher on the heatles than the Spurs. They'll be away from the comforts of home, Wade has a bum knee, Bosh has a bad ankle, Ray Allen is 36, Battier is 33 and Miller is 32 (with a bad back, shoulder etc) the reality is the Spurs are in much better shape than the heatles are

JuanCaca 06-07-13 11:59 AM

veterans in heat are supporting cast, in spurs are the "stars"... banged wade gonna suffer shure... hope spurs finally get that elusive 5!!!!

and about my theory.... ok, sorry im paranoid, still dont believe evil emperor allow spurs go that far!!!...

WILLTHETHRILL 06-07-13 01:17 PM

that schedule was already set.