News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-13, 01:22 AM
Herman Cain of the board

For all the Birdman haters!(Yahoo-Jerry Sloan)

Sometime during the game, Jazz players had begun mocking Andersen’s body art, which didn’t yet include his famous “Freebird” collar. Upset with his team’s intensity, Jerry Sloan raged along the bench, where he overheard his players’ wisecracks.
“I wish ONE of you guys played as hard as him!” Sloan shouted.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-13, 01:41 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I agree

I agree. I think the guy plays smart and hard. He has a bum rap for being a recovering drug addict, but he is no doubt a good player and a hell of a pick up by Miami.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-13, 08:46 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Yeah he plays hard, but he's also addicted to attention and he's going to look really, really stupid when he's 50 and covered with all those tats and his body starts sagging....
Old 06-07-13, 11:27 AM
Herman Cain of the board

I'm not rooting for Miami at all. I just wanted to post that since nobody here wanted to take a chance on him and he has done very well with the Heat. I thought he would have been a good pickup for the Spurs or a playoff contender a while back. I just wanted to remind people on here that he is still in the league and playing well at the lowest contract salary. GO SPURS GO!
Old 06-07-13, 11:42 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

TRADE BONNER!!!
Old 06-07-13, 12:15 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I'm not rooting for Miami at all. I just wanted to post that since nobody here wanted to take a chance on him and he has done very well with the Heat. I thought he would have been a good pickup for the Spurs or a playoff contender a while back. I just wanted to remind people on here that he is still in the league and playing well at the lowest contract salary. GO SPURS GO!

agree completly... if was me; i signed birdman for the cheap, and keep 1 year secret our australian rookie, he isnt playing anyway...

imagine that bigs rotation... plus,imagine heat birdman less... the simply fact that miami didnt pick him worth the risk of get him...

sorry about my redskin phrasing not that good in english
Old 06-07-13, 12:43 PM
The Master Baiter

He would have been the 4th big behind Duncan, Splitter and Diaw. The Spurs may have gone after him but couldn't guarantee significant minutes. In my opinion, he does play hard, but smart? He's one of those "jump at anything" defenders. Give me Splitter over him any day of the week.
Old 06-07-13, 01:01 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
TRADE BONNER!!!
:applause It's catching on lol
Old 06-07-13, 01:15 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
He would have been the 4th big behind Duncan, Splitter and Diaw. The Spurs may have gone after him but couldn't guarantee significant minutes. In my opinion, he does play hard, but smart? He's one of those "jump at anything" defenders. Give me Splitter over him any day of the week.
At times he does over commit on certain plays but he blocks and alters shots at a high rate too. He tried the "pull the chair move" on TD and it didn't work because well TD is older than him. So he knows that trick already. Smart players do those types of moves and it worked for him several times versus the previous playoff teams. Hustle play is never in a slump. The guy hustles and that's why even with all the demons he has.......he is still in the league after all these years. The guy is an above the rim player and by no means would I play him over Splitter for major minutes. But at certain times......yes I would. I thought he would have been good as guy to plug in for sluggish starts and for resting TD and other bigs. A guy in case for injuries and a big who is actually over 6'8 lol. That's all I was trying to say at the time. Plus Blair was being shopped to the world and Baynes wasn't signed yet. So in my view......That would had been a calculated risk. But a low one. I'm sure someone is gonna say I implied the missing link to the title which would be garbage. It was more for depth at the league minimum.
Old 06-07-13, 03:20 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
Yeah he plays hard, but he's also addicted to attention and he's going to look really, really stupid when he's 50 and covered with all those tats and his body starts sagging....
If that's how he's channeled his addictive personality, that's cool. Attention isn't likely to get you in jail or cause harm to you or someone else.

That's tattoo is pretty ridiculous, though.
Old 06-07-13, 05:10 PM

Birdman definitely plays hard, Will.

so does Bonner.

so.......where do we go from here?
Old 06-09-13, 01:12 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
Birdman definitely plays hard, Will.

so does Bonner.

so.......where do we go from here?
You sure go to both sides of the fence on stuff involving myself even when it's obvious. I don't see Bonner doing anything like what Birdman does hustle wise. Not all white guys are hustle types sorry. Is Bonner a floor burn type of guy?? Nope. Salaries close? Nope. Jumps into the stands type to get a loose ball? Nope. Birdman is a better value easily. You didn't want SJax and then you wanted to give him a two year deal for 8 million bucks. To a player you didn't want who was having a bad year stat wise all season long. Really?
Old 06-09-13, 03:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
If that's how he's channeled his addictive personality, that's cool. Attention isn't likely to get you in jail or cause harm to you or someone else.

That's tattoo is pretty ridiculous, though.
I still think he was on something the day he went berserk on Indiana.
Old 06-09-13, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
You sure go to both sides of the fence on stuff involving myself even when it's obvious. I don't see Bonner doing anything like what Birdman does hustle wise. Not all white guys are hustle types sorry. Is Bonner a floor burn type of guy?? Nope. Salaries close? Nope. Jumps into the stands type to get a loose ball? Nope. Birdman is a better value easily. You didn't want SJax and then you wanted to give him a two year deal for 8 million bucks. To a player you didn't want who was having a bad year stat wise all season long. Really?
the level of intensity they both use is different, but Bonner tries yet you say he sucks because he's not good yet Birdman (who plays off LeBron mind you) is loads better?

i'm not on the fence on this stuff. trying the hardest you can doesn't make you a good player. at this point and postseason, Bonner is outplaying Birdman since MB has improved his toughness since the Lakers series. Birdman is only a good help defender and a good finisher when the Miami Big 3 are on the floor.
Old 06-09-13, 06:54 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
the level of intensity they both use is different, but Bonner tries yet you say he sucks because he's not good yet Birdman (who plays off LeBron mind you) is loads better?

i'm not on the fence on this stuff. trying the hardest you can doesn't make you a good player. at this point and postseason, Bonner is outplaying Birdman since MB has improved his toughness since the Lakers series. Birdman is only a good help defender and a good finisher when the Miami Big 3 are on the floor.
Didn't Birdman have success before he got to Miami?????

Birdman had a game before he got to Miami hate to tell you. He does not feed off of LeBron. He has a nose for the ball and works well without it too. Bonner has done hardly anything since the Laker series. He sucked in the GS series and had what one good game against the Grizz? A beat up injured Lakers mind you. So yes one series he did very well. Bonner watches rebounds. That's hustle? Most of his rebounds fall on his lap dude. Then he gets beat in transition even though he doesn't fight for the boards. How is that hustle? Did you watch Game 1 at all? He missed a one footer too lol. How is that toughness? He went up super weak in that play. Are you a Bonner defender now only because I'm involved in it? Silly way of arguing man. Birdman has had more minutes and better impact for his playoff team. Like I say to most of your claims............watch the game...look at the stats and not just look at one game to evaluate someone. Rinse and repeat............
Old 06-09-13, 06:56 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Nice that you avoided your two year contract offer for SJax....... nice job. Never answer the questions. Just avoid them. Classic Jose G with WTT talk. Classic!