News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-07-13, 12:02 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

It's over!!!!

All the Spurs needed was that 1st game. I'm so, relieved. They have the momentum and are not gonna let up. Spurs in 5 baby!!!!!
Old 06-07-13, 12:21 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
All the Spurs needed was that 1st game. I'm so, relieved. They have the momentum and are not gonna let up. Spurs in 5 baby!!!!!
Even with those crappy fouls they called on Duncan and Leonard!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-13, 12:27 AM
The Master Baiter

OKC won game 1 last year, don't get too cocky.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-13, 12:31 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

not confident at all... miami lose game 1 against indiana, okc last year and ended winning..

plus, usually visitor take 1 game from the team hosting games 3- 4- 5 in finals
Old 06-07-13, 12:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's not over, it's just more interesting. Heat will have to come out with some desperation in game 2. Spurs can't sleepwalk through game 2 just because they stole game 1.
Old 06-07-13, 12:39 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Lets see them beat us at home
Old 06-07-13, 12:42 AM

Whatever I say doesn't effect anything the spurs do I'm not being cocky by any means. I truly feel that the spurs just needed that 1st win! They have been playing great with the momentum and handled business! They're not gonna let up! Don't be nieve, we all know this is probably their real last chance of getting a ring with the big 3. The Spurs know this as well as you and I. They're not gonna let this opportunity pass them by. They're not Chicago, they're not Indiana. Have faith in your Spurs folks!!!

Do you realize the Spurs basically played like crap all game? And still won!!!! They couldn't hit a 3 pt shot to save thier lives tonight. Yeah, I said it....it's over!!!!
Old 06-07-13, 12:44 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The heat can't beat a more veteran ball club. They beat young teams who get rattled.
Old 06-07-13, 01:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

It's not over, it's obvious.
But it's a huge self-confidence for us. We proved that we can beat them on their arena; which means we can do it in Game 7 too.

And moreover, in 2nd game Miami will be under pressure. Yes they handled that kind of pressure last year, but we're very good against the teams under pressure.
Old 06-07-13, 01:33 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
not confident at all... miami lose game 1 against indiana, okc last year and ended winning..

plus, usually visitor take 1 game from the team hosting games 3- 4- 5 in finals
Yes they steal "1 game" but not "game 1" since 2004.

he Spurs became the first team to win Game 1 on the road since Detroit against the heavily-favored Lakers in 2004. The Pistons went on to win that series 4-1. Game 1 winners are 21-8 in the Finals since 1984, but have lost the past two series.
Old 06-07-13, 02:52 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Spurs in six.
Old 06-07-13, 03:10 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

It is not over at all, have to get three more.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-07-13, 07:29 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

unsmart comments like this is why the spurs went from 2-0 to losing 2-4 last year.
one game at a time. each game is one game.
this game is over. its awesome. celebrated.
all that matters now is game 2.
Old 06-07-13, 08:35 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
unsmart comments like this is why the spurs went from 2-0 to losing 2-4 last year.
+1000⇧
Old 06-07-13, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post

You don't have agree with me.....like I said, "whatever I say on here doesn't affect the Spurs".

If I believe it's over, I'm gonna say that! I guess people can't have opinions now? It's all good! I know Miami will not go down without a fight but, the Spurs are playing great right now and can't lose. 7 playoff victory's in a row now. Remember, in the playoffs it's not the best team on paper, it's the team playing the best!
Old 06-07-13, 09:05 AM
The Eternal Optimist

I like one of the media comments, "the Spurs were shaking of rust and missed a bunch of shots early they normally make. They have room to improve where Miami may have done about as well as they can."

I guess one can take anything they want from things.
Old 06-07-13, 10:01 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I like one of the media comments, "the Spurs were shaking of rust and missed a bunch of shots early they normally make. They have room to improve where Miami may have done about as well as they can."

That's the truth right there

- Confucius
Old 06-07-13, 10:17 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
1. This is not exactly what I came away with. I witnessed 2 teams capable of precision execution do just that with an incredibly low number of turnovers. It was beautiful basketball to watch even when the Spurs were down. In this game, the Spurs had a few more shots go down than the Heat and that was the only difference in the outcome.

2. I am relieved and elated also. Winning on the road in this environment is an experience of a lifetime. The W was a great experience and feeling on my joy meter but the meter will go back to zero at the start of game 2.

3. Momentum? I'm not seeing any major chinks in the armor of either team to capitalize on. If game 2 is played like game 1 and Miami simply has more shots go down, they win.
Old 06-07-13, 10:25 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Do you realize the Spurs basically played like crap all game? And still won!!!! They couldn't hit a 3 pt shot to save thier lives tonight. Yeah, I said it....it's over!!!!
Were we watching the same game? I thought both teams played phenomenally. Take out a handful of random missed corner 3s and a couple early-shot clock random 27-footers chucked by Manu and I can't imagine us playing any better.
Old 06-07-13, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
Were we watching the same game? I thought both teams played phenomenally. Take out a handful of random missed corner 3s and a couple early-shot clock random 27-footers chucked by Manu and I can't imagine us playing any better.
Spurs were 7/23 from 3pt range (30%), how many of those were wide open shots? They shot 41% from the field which is a bit low, also how many lay-ups did they miss? I can count a handful. The shots were there all game and a majority of them didn't fall. Yeah, the Spurs didn't play well and have lots of room for improvement. Just sayin
Old 06-07-13, 02:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Miami missed several wide open 3s in the 4th quarter as well.

The game could have gone either way.

$
Old 06-07-13, 02:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Magic said after last night "The Heat played as well as they could, and the Spurs have room for improvement" that's pretty astute and ominous.

One thing that kind of hit me after I was reading about Lebron's comment of fatigue in the 4th. The Heat have played in 3 straight finals, an impressive mark not seen since the Lakers, also couple the fact that Lebron played this summer in the Olympics; i think the Heat might be drained.

ESPN has stated that the Heat are end up winning series 4-1 when losing the first game. But the Heat have not played a veteran squad like the spurs since 2011, a team that doesn't get rattled or shaken by the hype. The spurs looked rusty, they didn't shoot well, and missed a few good rebounds.... there is no way the Spurs should have won that game last night, and as a Spurs fan I know they will play better ....dun dun dun
Old 06-07-13, 11:31 PM
SpursReport Team Member

On the DP show today, Barkley actually said he could see the Spurs sweeping the Heat, and that he really does not expect Miami to get out of SA. Nice, but too soon, Chuck, too soon. No jinksies....
Old 06-08-13, 12:09 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Spurs were 7/23 from 3pt range (30%), how many of those were wide open shots? They shot 41% from the field which is a bit low, also how many lay-ups did they miss? I can count a handful. The shots were there all game and a majority of them didn't fall. Yeah, the Spurs didn't play well and have lots of room for improvement. Just sayin
I hope you realize the Spurs season 3PT average is 35.8%. That means "playing badly" was missing one more 3 than their season average. I'd hardly call that room for improvement.

The shooting percentage argument is faulty because of the turnovers. Possessions that usually would end in a turnover instead ended in a poor missed shot. For the season, the Spurs averaged 35.5 lost shots (missed shots - offensive rebounds) and 11.2 turnovers, for a total of 46.7 lost possessions. In Game 1, we had 43 lost shots and 4 turnovers, for 47 lost possessions: exactly on our average.

Just sayin', your argument doesn't stand up to basic analysis. Matching your season averages against the team with the best record in basketball is an amazing accomplishment, I don't see the Spurs playing any better -- we can't expect to shore up the 3-point shooting while maintaining a literally record-setting turnover pace.

Last edited by joyner; 06-08-13 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-08-13, 03:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post

I disagree. I think Miami does have room to improve (starting with their FT) and haven't played as well as they can. With that being said, Spurs are winning this series. Rust is gone, time to pound the rock.
Old 06-09-13, 09:32 AM

To each their own folks!!!! I'm saying it over!!! Period!
Old 06-09-13, 11:24 AM

Quote:
To each their own folks!!!! I'm saying it over!!! Period!
if it was over, then what game are you going to mister?! :drummer

Old 06-09-13, 10:39 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Heat played even better, spurs played even worse. It aint over yet. At least I can look to the 20 and 30 point losses the spurs had in '05 against detroit as reason not to worry at all yet.
Old 06-10-13, 02:41 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Too bad it's not a won and done deal (pun intended). There is still lots of work for the Spurs to do but we got this!
Old 06-12-13, 01:37 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Yes I said it after game 2 and I'll say it again WE GOT THIS!