SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Who wins game 7 tonight?!?!? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119650-who-wins-game-7-tonight.html)

esparzar1 06-03-13 02:49 PM

Who wins game 7 tonight?!?!?

Well, who do ya got? :shrug.......

For me honestly, I was worried about the Heat when the playoffs started, not scared but worried. They are/were a legit Championship caliber team. However, Indiana has shown that they are in fact human and can be beat on any giving night just like any other team.

Too often, we forget that it's usually not the best team heading into the playoffs that succed, but rather the team that is playing the best. I love how the Spurs have been playing for the past 6 or 7 games. Hitting big shots when needed, getting crucial stops down the stretch, moving the ball with good execution, etc.

So with that being said, I could care less who the Spurs play or who wins. I truly beleive that they are in fact playing the best out of the teams remaining. So, here's to a great game 7 in the east and may the best team win! Enjoy it cause you're gonna get your ASS HANDED to you by the Spurs!!!!!! :rock :rock :rock

shelden 06-03-13 03:07 PM

My heart says Indiana. My head says it's a tossup, unless there's some monumental screwup in the refereeing.

Mombear 06-03-13 03:34 PM

The refs have their orders... it will be the heat unless Indiana can play through the refs then they will take game 7. But as we all know, stern will want no part of another ABA Finals.

WILLTHETHRILL 06-03-13 04:02 PM

I hope it's Indiana. Mind says Miami though.

Eddy from Austin 06-03-13 04:35 PM

I hope is Indi for ovious reasons (HCA) but also because I'm tired of the media putting the Heat on a pedestal for the last 2 years. I hope they choke.

drcantgetright 06-03-13 04:53 PM

I do think it is going to be 9 on 5---the Heat, the refs AND stern VS Indiana. But Indiana can still do it if they limit their turnovers. GO PACERS

esparzar1 06-03-13 06:01 PM

I think Indiana might pose a bigger threat for the spurs but that's subjective. I wouldn't mind playing the heat and shutting up all the nay Sayers and media. I also think miamis home court is garbage and if the spurs play the heat, I have spurs in 5. Against the pacers I have spurs in 6....just sayin :wink

joyner 06-03-13 06:06 PM

Expecting and hoping Miami. The last thing I want to hear is about how Miami lost this year's championship rather than the Spurs winning it. Enough people say that Miami collapsed in 2011 more than Dallas won, and they'll say that even louder if Miami collapses in the ECF.

We'll beat either of them.

spurduncan21 06-03-13 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1298389)
I think Indiana might pose a bigger threat for the spurs but that's subjective. I wouldn't mind playing the heat and shutting up all the nay Sayers and media. I also think miamis home court is garbage and if the spurs play the heat, I have spurs in 5. Against the pacers I have spurs in 6....just sayin :wink

I have the exact opposite as far the prediction and opponent goes. You and I are in agreement that well come out on top :)

drcantgetright 06-03-13 08:41 PM

In my book, Mia is a bigger threat all because of LeBron. He is good enough to win a game by himself. And due to the Pacers turnovers, plus a few threes by ray allen, it looks like SA will be playing Mia.

Uwe Blab 06-03-13 09:55 PM

Scott Foster is the NBA's go to ref. He's the new Bavetta. How does Paul George foul out in a game 7?

joyner 06-04-13 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombear (Post 1298380)
The refs have their orders... it will be the heat unless Indiana can play through the refs then they will take game 7. But as we all know, stern will want no part of another ABA Finals.

I usually don't buy into fixing allegations, but a 38-20 free throw disparity is hard to argue with. Not that it was even needed, given the 21-11 TO disparity.

This will be the first time the Heat have played a team with finals experience in the Finals, though. The Mavs in 2011 had two players from the 2006 team, Nowitzki and Terry. OKC just had Perkins. The Celtics last year are the only Finals-tested team the Heat have played, and they took them to seven games despite an old, decrepit roster.

The Heat have a bad habit of yawning, relaxing, and taking it easy, then finding a way to pull a series win out of their asses at the last second. They're about to find out that you can't do that against a team like the Spurs.

esparzar1 06-04-13 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyner (Post 1298412)
I usually don't buy into fixing allegations, but a 38-20 free throw disparity is hard to argue with. Not that it was even needed, given the 21-11 TO disparity.

This will be the first time the Heat have played a team with finals experience in the Finals, though. The Mavs in 2011 had two players from the 2006 team, Nowitzki and Terry. OKC just had Perkins. The Celtics last year are the only Finals-tested team the Heat have played, and they took them to seven games despite an old, decrepit roster.

The Heat have a bad habit of yawning, relaxing, and taking it easy, then finding a way to pull a series win out of their asses at the last second. They're about to find out that you can't do that against a team like the Spurs.

Exactly, that's probably why I hate them so much and can't wait to destroy them. You can't just think you can go "ho-hum" about your business and expect to win every time. The Spurs are not the type of team that makes the mental mistakes of a Indiana or have 15 TO's in the 1st half. I pray to God Miami takes the Spurs for granted, if that's the case then the Spurs will sweep!

MichaelWi101 06-04-13 07:41 AM

As soon as I saw the ref assignments I thought the word has come down from the front office, put Hibbert and George in foul trouble by calling the game much, much closer than any of the previous games. And it didn't help that the Pacers, turned the ball over so many times.

imho the real owners of the league are the broadcasting companies and ABC said we can't have Indiana V San Antonio in the finals

MichaelWi101 06-04-13 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1298413)
I pray to God Miami takes the Spurs for granted, if that's the case then the Spurs will sweep!

LeBron remembers 2007 there's no way he lets any of the Heat take the Spurs for granted. In fact, I saw a quote from Wade after the game where he called the Spurs 'great',

This will be an all out dogfight