News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-28-13, 11:11 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Miami? Indiana? Who ya got?

Who do you want to see the Spurs play? Why? Discuss!
Old 05-28-13, 11:50 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Indiana of course. We can beat them in 5 with the help of HCA.

But it will be Miami. And I'm expecting a 6 game series against them. Hope we will be the winner.
Old 05-28-13, 11:55 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

I am hoping Indiana because sometimes James is just unstoppable. However they do have the better defense I would say. I still think Miami wins their series in 6 or 7 depending on what happens tonight.

June 6th is a long layoff for the spurs so hopefully they dont come out too rusty too!
Old 05-28-13, 11:56 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think Indiana is a mirror image of Memphis. They are young, have very good coaching, and hang their hats on Defense. However, they lack a true superstar to carry them past the Heat. I think in a year or 2 that could be paul george or even lance stephenson, but for now they lack enough fire power to get past the Heat.

If we play the Heat.... I want timmy and tiago to crush them in the paint, and for Tony to carve up their D in the lane...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-28-13, 12:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Want Indiana, it'll be Miami in 5. Miami's only weakness in that series is focus.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-28-13, 04:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think Miami just overlooks all teams in the East, that's why they're mental lapses comes from. But the West is a different story. They know they must bring it with any team in the West! Especially the strong minded Spurs. Don't forget... That 2007 sweep of Lebrons' Cavs.... He might be looking to avenge that ass whoopin'! I think we match up great, other than Lebron, keep the shooters at bay, Bonner and Dose on Bosh. Need not double in the post and who will check Tony? Chalmers, Cole... Lebron or Battier. I think they'll have more issues with or line up then us to them. Can't let Lebron get 8-12 assist and boards.
Old 05-28-13, 05:31 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

I could be wrong and it may not even really matter at until we get there but I remember Diaw playing really good defense on lebron when we played them earlier in the season without the big 3. He is big enough to not get bullied around by lebrons strength and also has the decent quickness to stay somewhat in front of him. Does anyone else remember this or think it would make a difference?
Old 05-28-13, 05:34 PM
SR Team Goof

I would like to see the Spurs and Pacers go at it in the finals, mostly because they were both giants in the old ABA league. But to be truthful, Miami just gives me gas whenever they are mentioned. There isn’t a player on that squad that I can stomach, except maybe head coach Spoelstra and asst coach Bob McAdoo. You can flush Pat Riley.
Old 05-29-13, 10:05 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I'd personally like to see Indiana, I think the Spurs would be favorites against them. Honestly speaking, we would be underdogs against Miami. Nothing wrong with that, I just think the Spurs would "potentially" have a harder time with Miami. Just my 2 cents!
Old 05-29-13, 10:49 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Hmm hard choice:

On one hand I prefer to play the Pacers as we match up well as a Grizz look alike, ex ABA franchise etc.

On the other hand rather play Miami as everyone picks them and the Spurs will clean their clocks and it will mean more - no astericks for the Weatherspoon injury.

Either team - Pop will have them ready to win it all!!!
Old 05-29-13, 04:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
I'd personally like to see Indiana, I think the Spurs would be favorites against them. Honestly speaking, we would be underdogs against Miami. Nothing wrong with that, I just think the Spurs would "potentially" have a harder time with Miami. Just my 2 cents!
Yes it would be. But on a side note... I'd love to see the Spurs beat one of David Sterns' poster squads on his way out the door!! And silence all this LBJ, 4x MVP, this greatest player on the planet, with home court advantage loss to this OLD, BORING T.E.A.M!
Old 05-30-13, 01:16 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Perfectly stated MRJONESIII ! How can we pass up an opportunity to put The Flake Show, Golden State, Memphis, and the Heat in their place all in one go? Man what a perfect ending!