SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   GAME 3: REBOUNDING WILL BE KEY FOR SPURS (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119441-game-3-rebounding-will-key-spurs.html)

Flipmode Master 05-23-13 01:46 PM

GAME 3: REBOUNDING WILL BE KEY FOR SPURS

The San Antonio Spurs have a 2-0 lead on the Memphis Grizzlies and are in command of the series. The next two games will be played in Memphis, something that Grizzly fans hope will revitalize their struggling team. The Spurs on the other hand want to take their dominating show on the road, but to continue their winning trend that must improve the rebounding numbers from last game.

Game 3: Rebounding Will Be Key for Spurs

tuncaboylu 05-23-13 02:08 PM

This article says that our front-court players should focus on rebounds more, but i think back-court players sould focus more. Especially Green and Leonard should concentrate to boards and don't let the Memphis guys granb the ball which fall to poll.

clovisnmspurfan 05-23-13 08:38 PM

I believe a little rest will improve all our ills. Can you believe how many games we have played with only one day of rest and we were still playing 4 games in 5 days at the end of regular season ?

thesuspence281 05-23-13 10:32 PM

Leonard has been great in rebounding imo

frenchfred 05-24-13 12:38 PM

I think that freethrow shooting has been a concerned in the playoffs. Manu, Leonard and Green are averaging in the 60%. Hopefully the rest will be good also for that.

alh1020 05-24-13 03:32 PM

Personally, since rebounding has never been our dominant trait, I think our aggressive team defense and outside shooting will continue to be key. Memphis’ front line of Randolph and Gasol, with Arthur off the bench, will get their share of rebounds; we just need to reduce their offensive rebounding capability. But our team defensive, helping with double teams down low and fighting through pick/rolls, is essential. But most important, our outside shooting still needs to be effective in order to keep that lane open for TP’s drives and for Duncan to maneuver freely around the basket.

Spurd_On 05-24-13 07:38 PM

A lot of keys are being mentioned here. Sounds like they need a key chain.

clovisnmspurfan 05-24-13 07:39 PM

The bottom line is we are 2-0 despite being out rebounded. Didn't they get 7 offensive rebounds in row in the last game and still did not score?

Spurd_On 05-24-13 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1297477)
The bottom line is we are 2-0 despite being out rebounded. Didn't they get 7 offensive rebounds in row in the last game and still did not score?

Yes. Good memory.

MichaelWi101 05-25-13 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1297476)
A lot of keys are being mentioned here. Sounds like they need a key chain.

Now that's good :applause