SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Not intentional? You be the judge (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119421-not-intentional-you-judge.html)

necron 99 05-20-13 10:38 AM

Not intentional? You be the judge

Tony Allen trips Tony Parker - SBNation.com

This coming from an NBA all defensive team member?

b1gdon 05-20-13 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necron 99 (Post 1297221)
Tony Allen trips Tony Parker - SBNation.com

This coming from an NBA all defensive team member?

Of course it was and it was the right move. As soon as he did it I thought, good defense. Would you expect no less from Bowen?

clovisnmspurfan 05-20-13 02:45 PM

It was intentional, one of those things done in the heat of the battle then afterwards you kind of regret doing it.

mckennaspur1 05-20-13 03:34 PM

Allen helped Parker up, and Parker seemed cool with what happened. No big deal. Obviously, glad no one got hurt.

exit7 05-20-13 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1297228)
Of course it was and it was the right move. As soon as he did it I thought, good defense. Would you expect no less from Bowen?

I was thinking the same thing when it happened, my brother was screaming for a flagrant, and I told him to calm down, we saw that from Bruce all the time.

Jose_TheGenius 05-20-13 06:24 PM

i doubt it was intentional. he planted his right foot and his left was the only one of the two that wasn't like a stone. Parker spun and he tried to recover as best as he could. him picking up that foul there on purpose would've been an idiotic move.

WILLTHETHRILL 05-20-13 06:33 PM

didn't look like it but I would love for him to signed this summer.

b1gdon 05-20-13 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1297243)
i doubt it was intentional. he planted his right foot and his left was the only one of the two that wasn't like a stone. Parker spun and he tried to recover as best as he could. him picking up that foul there on purpose would've been an idiotic move.

Not idiotic, it was turning into a 4 on 1 fast break(see three other Spurs sprinting by in foreground), instead it was sideline out of bounds.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2646645/triptony.gif

I don't know, it looks real intentional to me.

alh1020 05-20-13 08:14 PM

Though this incident was ruled as unintentional by the refs, it does provide us with highlights for what is to come later in the series. We’re starting to play high stakes basketball now and a series win puts us a step closer to the brass ring. I fear our main ball handlers and guys who attack the lane are in store for some real physical punishment, some of which might be deemed intentional. I’m just wondering how the refs will look at it and how far they will allow the offenders go before they blow the whistle. It ain’t going to be pretty. Better buckle your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Jose_TheGenius 05-20-13 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b1gdon (Post 1297247)
Not idiotic, it was turning into a 4 on 1 fast break(see three other Spurs sprinting by in foreground), instead it was sideline out of bounds.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2646645/triptony.gif

I don't know, it looks real intentional to me.

Parker falls and hurts himself on that, it's easily a flagrant 1 (or 2 since it's not play on the ball). that would've been stupid if they'd lose him for the game.

where exactly do you want him to recover on that or does he quit on the play?

Jose_TheGenius 05-20-13 09:32 PM

no Spurs fan should complain though, i don't think anyone here would accuse Bowen of being dirty like exit7 mentioned and we can post a whole dirty tribute with kicks to the face, foot under a shooter, kicking a guy behind the knee, etc.

Kager 05-20-13 10:30 PM

Intentional or not i am more concerned with was it done to hurt or not and I dont think it was.

Players intentionally foul all the time, which this could amount to, its part of the game.... well its part of mine anyway.

SPURSGIRL4Life 05-21-13 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1297235)
It was intentional, one of those things done in the heat of the battle then afterwards you kind of regret doing it.

I agree with with clovisnmspursfan. Definitely intentional and an act now apologize later situation.

Money4Nothing 05-21-13 07:41 AM

It might have been intentional, but you can't say that for sure.

Tony Allen is spinning around to try to get to Parker, and his leg naturally kicks out from the centrifugal force. It's basic physics. Or he kicked him.

Either way, you can't tell from the video.

$

exit7 05-22-13 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1297251)
no Spurs fan should complain though, i don't think anyone here would accuse Bowen of being dirty like exit7 mentioned and we can post a whole dirty tribute with kicks to the face, foot under a shooter, kicking a guy behind the knee, etc.

One thing I never saw from Bruce was that little B!tch move Tony Allen pulled in game 2 to draw the flagrant. Any comparisons between him and Bruce are null and void as far as I'm concerned.

knownalien 05-23-13 10:45 AM

yep. natural range of motion . . . . . . if Allen were a professional ballet dancer.

Jose_TheGenius 05-24-13 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exit7 (Post 1297346)
One thing I never saw from Bruce was that little B!tch move Tony Allen pulled in game 2 to draw the flagrant. Any comparisons between him and Bruce are null and void as far as I'm concerned.

Bowen just tried to kick Amare in his surgically repaired knee, kneed Nash in the nuts, kicked Wally Z in the face, put his foot under Steve Francis and Vince Carter :lol

i'll take dramatic acting from Tony Allen than what Bowen used to do if we're going that route.

i love Bruce, but what he did back in the day could be classified as B-moves. now let's not get started on Manu flailing his head with long hair all over the place to draw fouls either. it's different when it's being done to us.

silvernblackfan 05-24-13 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius (Post 1297448)
Bowen just tried to kick Amare in his surgically repaired knee, kneed Nash in the nuts, kicked Wally Z in the face, put his foot under Steve Francis and Vince Carter :lol

i'll take dramatic acting from Tony Allen than what Bowen used to do if we're going that route.

i love Bruce, but what he did back in the day could be classified as B-moves. now let's not get started on Manu flailing his head with long hair all over the place to draw fouls either. it's different when it's being done to us.

Yes but Manu never flopped around like a fish out of water, and then say he was dizzy to the ref, and then go on like nothing ever happened