SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-13, 12:13 AM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

Spurs have changed a lot since 2011 loss to Memphis

Spurs have changed a lot since 2011 loss to Grizzlies | ProBasketballTalk

Quote:
The Spurs showed their up-tempo bona fides today during a 105-83 win over the Grizzlies in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals. Though the pace of the game wasn’t particular fast, San Antonio excelled by pushing the tempo at opportune moments and getting back defensively after a transition attack – doing so in ways the 2011 team wasn’t capable of.
Tell those numbnuts at the 4letter that this year's team is way different that the one that was upset in 2011.

If they bothered to do the research, it was there for them the whole damn time.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-13, 12:31 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

THANK GOD THEY DID! FOOLS GOLD that full year, they were horrible down the stretch and in the playoffs! That team was going nowhere.

BTW I don't care what idiots say about 011 or now, the media is a bunch of idiots and I could care less what any idiot out there says without watching the games or the team. 011 team is one of my worst Spurs teams I watched since 99! That team was horrible on D and was a jump shooting team, teams I usually hated. This team was far different last year as well! Way better than 011, this one might be better than last years! Just maybe.

2010 and 2011 teams were average as hell, 2nd round fodder at best.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 05-20-13 at 12:34 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-13, 01:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The Spurs better completely forget what they did in game 1. It was a fluke, a nice fluke, but a fluke none the less. The Spurs set a team record for made 3s in the playoffs and Randolph had only 2 points which would be a career playoff low if he didn't score 0 points in 1 minute of PT back in 2002. Neither one of those things will be happening again let alone both in the same game.

If I were Pop I would sit the team down for film tomorrow, take the DVD of game 1 out of the player and burn it in front of them.
Old 05-20-13, 03:47 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
The Spurs better completely forget what they did in game 1. It was a fluke, a nice fluke, but a fluke none the less. The Spurs set a team record for made 3s in the playoffs and Randolph had only 2 points which would be a career playoff low if he didn't score 0 points in 1 minute of PT back in 2002. Neither one of those things will be happening again let alone both in the same game.

If I were Pop I would sit the team down for film tomorrow, take the DVD of game 1 out of the player and burn it in front of them.
I don't know you watched the game but this game was not fluke. We set team record by connecting 14 three pointer and we scored 14 of first 27 tries. But it was anyting but not fluke. At least 25 of those 27 shots were open looks and all of our shooters were shooting without any defender in 1 yard.

This game was not fluke, it was the receipt of beating Memphis. Keep ball movement, drive inside and find the open look shooter outside. Inside and outside, we're going to make Memphis guys crazy.

And in defense, risk their shooters, protect the painted area. Don't let Zach to get the ball by defending from inside. If we don't allow him to get the ball like in the first game, he will not find the rhtym. They don't have any reliable 3 pointer except Pondexter and he is a bench player. That's why I don't think that we're going to lose any game which we build 15+ advantaga.

And yes Zach scored 2 points with 1-8 FG. Pretty bad.

What about our side?
Duncan shoot 3-9 FG and finished with 6 points.
Manu was 2-6 FG and scored only 8 points.

And we won by 22!

I'll repeat again: This game is played how I imagined and that's the way to beat those guys. And it was not fluke, it was the preview of the following games.
Old 05-20-13, 08:25 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

The Spurs are getting better as the playoffs go on. Sadly the LA series was very poor situation for them to get tuned up - playing a decimated team of no-names around Gasol and Howard.

Their role players are playing with a lot of confidence unlike last year where Green, Splitter and Kwahi somewhat got lost after teh 1st 2 games against OKC.
Old 05-20-13, 09:57 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I don't know that I would go so far as to call it a fluke but it may have been a unique game to the series. The Spurs may have other games in this series where they execute their game plan as well but the shots don't go down. A fluke suggests random fortune to me whereas I think the Spurs had the superior game plan for game #1. One thing I am counting on is that the Griz will make offensive and defensive adjustments that are likely effective and the Spurs will have to counter. It's not the first time that the Griz have been down in a series in these playoffs.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 05-20-13 at 10:07 AM.