News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-19-13, 03:43 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Bill Simmons SUXS!!!

Who is this chump????
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-13, 04:59 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

yes, yes he does....

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-19-13, 05:01 PM
SpursReport Rookie

He was on the Warriors bandwagon too. He looks at players, not the system, coaching, execution, or the hearts of seasoned vets.
Old 05-19-13, 05:02 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

He's like all the other Celtic fans... they are still mad because they did not get Tim "Mother *******" Duncan!!!!

Old 05-19-13, 05:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Simmons is a big Duncan fan.
Old 05-19-13, 05:43 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Isn't he the writer who publishes decent commentary with a sense of humor? I like his columns, but his talent is lost on TV.
Old 05-19-13, 05:45 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Isn't he the writer who publishes decent commentary with a sense of humor? I like his columns, but his talent is lost on TV.
Agreed his writing is great and he's always had a ton of respect for the spurs and their system. But he's just horrible on tv
Old 05-19-13, 06:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What ever!
Spurs 1-0!!
Old 05-19-13, 07:00 PM
SpursReport Rookie

He seems to always talk bad about the spurs no matter
Who they are playing. I say he suxs!!
Old 05-19-13, 07:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Agreed his writing is great and he's always had a ton of respect for the spurs and their system. But he's just horrible on tv
Well times are a changing... He gives spurs no respect now. His bias clear on TV

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-20-13 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-19-13, 10:41 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

I can't stand that clown man, got on him in 03 with an EMAIL for crap he said about 99 and so on! I emailed him and said what now? This was after our FIRST SO CALLED LEGIT TITLE! Ever since then he has been my enemy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Well times are a changing... He gives spurs no respect now. His biasis clear on TV
YEP! He also disses our titles! FOOTNOTE thing he wrote for titles, an excuse for every one we had! PERIOD. He is bitter over 97 draft still, period.

I honestly thing that dude is one of the biggest clowns out there. He said we would win it all last year and we were like the 86 Celts, then we lost 4 in a row It is better he stays on the other side. He says a few good things and then disses them later or a backhanded comment. I have read his stuff for years and have seen just that, forget that chump.

One more thing, his voice is beyond annoying! LITTLE SOFTIE he is.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 05-19-13 at 10:43 PM.
Old 05-19-13, 10:45 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
He was on the Warriors bandwagon too. He looks at players, not the system, coaching, execution, or the hearts of seasoned vets.
Which is a damn shame being he knows so much about the game and has been around for a while, yet gets caught up in media hype and can't form his own opinion on air. He is just like the rest of the noobs on there.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-20-13, 08:04 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

He was visibly bias...almost like it was personal...it was awkward when I saw him on ESPN...he even yelled at the end of the segment awkwardly "I stand by Memphis in 6"...just weird.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 05-20-13, 08:27 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I don't know him and he doesn't seem to come to mind immediatley - its better that way.
Old 05-20-13, 09:32 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD View Post
I don't know him and he doesn't seem to come to mind immediatley - its better that way.
+1

I assume he is a TV or radio talking head in sports. I don't watch TV or listen to radio other than for Spurs games except for movies or news on rare occasions or the weather channel if a bad storm is approaching.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 05-20-13 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-20-13, 10:11 AM
SpursReport Team Member

If we win this series, i say we start a petition that forces him to pick Miami in the finals
Old 05-20-13, 10:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

If you really want to know what Simmons really thinks about the Spurs, just listen to his last podcast http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...rt-joe-house-4. It is a 30 minute opus to how much he loves Tim Duncan and thinks he's the greatest player of his generation. He also goes on how much he loves Ginobili, Parker and Pop and as a bonus he rips on Kobe. I don't think there is any kind of bias, he just has genuinely bought into the notion that the Spurs can't handle the Griz size (as many people on this very board were grousing about just 24 hours ago: http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...nightmare.html (MEMPHIS = MATCHUP NIGHTMARE))

I'd give him a huge break. He is one of the few guys on BSPN who regularly gives the Spurs credit. And keep in mind as a Celtics fan he should be bitter because through luck (Duncan) and incompetence (Parker), the Spurs snagged two players that should have been wearing green and white.
Old 05-20-13, 12:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I was about to post that same podcast. Just because someone picks against our team doesn't make them a jerk or an idiot. I kind of like being the underdog anyway.
Old 05-20-13, 01:12 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I gotta think that the ESPN guys are playing to a script. Their function is to build up story lines and suspense in the hope of increasing ratings. What they may say in private is probably very different from what they say in public. They get serious money to act as shills.

It's a weird job, but money trumps integrity almost every time.
Old 05-20-13, 02:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Bong View Post
I was about to post that same podcast. Just because someone picks against our team doesn't make them a jerk or an idiot. I kind of like being the underdog anyway.
If it was just picking against SA, I wouldn't have a problem. But it isn't. Its like listening to a knicks-spurs game with frazier (who I see as one of the most bias) calling it. Just too much. It could be the espn script... Maybe skip Bayless actually hates SA?