SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Bill Simmons SUXS!!! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119417-bill-simmons-suxs.html)

sparey 05-19-13 04:43 PM

Bill Simmons SUXS!!!

Who is this chump????

Mombear 05-19-13 05:59 PM

yes, yes he does.... :hat

tabspur 05-19-13 06:01 PM

He was on the Warriors bandwagon too. He looks at players, not the system, coaching, execution, or the hearts of seasoned vets.

Mombear 05-19-13 06:02 PM

He's like all the other Celtic fans... they are still mad because they did not get Tim "Mother *******" Duncan!!!! :bounce

maldoror 05-19-13 06:18 PM

Simmons is a big Duncan fan.

mckennaspur1 05-19-13 06:43 PM

Isn't he the writer who publishes decent commentary with a sense of humor? I like his columns, but his talent is lost on TV.

esparzar1 05-19-13 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 (Post 1297172)
Isn't he the writer who publishes decent commentary with a sense of humor? I like his columns, but his talent is lost on TV.

Agreed his writing is great and he's always had a ton of respect for the spurs and their system. But he's just horrible on tv

clovisnmspurfan 05-19-13 07:56 PM

What ever!
Spurs 1-0!!

sparey 05-19-13 08:00 PM

He seems to always talk bad about the spurs no matter
Who they are playing. I say he suxs!!

TimmyDthaWay2B 05-19-13 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1297177)
Agreed his writing is great and he's always had a ton of respect for the spurs and their system. But he's just horrible on tv

Well times are a changing... He gives spurs no respect now. His bias clear on TV

Rzarector7 05-19-13 11:41 PM

I can't stand that clown man, got on him in 03 with an EMAIL for crap he said about 99 and so on! I emailed him and said what now? This was after our FIRST SO CALLED LEGIT TITLE! Ever since then he has been my enemy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B (Post 1297197)
Well times are a changing... He gives spurs no respect now. His biasis clear on TV

YEP! He also disses our titles! FOOTNOTE thing he wrote for titles, an excuse for every one we had! PERIOD. He is bitter over 97 draft still, period.

I honestly thing that dude is one of the biggest clowns out there. He said we would win it all last year and we were like the 86 Celts, then we lost 4 in a row :( It is better he stays on the other side. He says a few good things and then disses them later or a backhanded comment. I have read his stuff for years and have seen just that, forget that chump.

One more thing, his voice is beyond annoying! LITTLE SOFTIE he is.

Rzarector7 05-19-13 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabspur (Post 1297164)
He was on the Warriors bandwagon too. He looks at players, not the system, coaching, execution, or the hearts of seasoned vets.

Which is a damn shame being he knows so much about the game and has been around for a while, yet gets caught up in media hype and can't form his own opinion on air. He is just like the rest of the noobs on there.

Flipmode Master 05-20-13 09:04 AM

He was visibly bias...almost like it was personal...it was awkward when I saw him on ESPN...he even yelled at the end of the segment awkwardly "I stand by Memphis in 6"...just weird.

KAD 05-20-13 09:27 AM

I don't know him and he doesn't seem to come to mind immediatley - its better that way.

Spurd_On 05-20-13 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAD (Post 1297219)
I don't know him and he doesn't seem to come to mind immediatley - its better that way.

+1

I assume he is a TV or radio talking head in sports. I don't watch TV or listen to radio other than for Spurs games except for movies or news on rare occasions or the weather channel if a bad storm is approaching.

fakemxcan 05-20-13 11:11 AM

If we win this series, i say we start a petition that forces him to pick Miami in the finals

b1gdon 05-20-13 11:58 AM

If you really want to know what Simmons really thinks about the Spurs, just listen to his last podcast http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...rt-joe-house-4. It is a 30 minute opus to how much he loves Tim Duncan and thinks he's the greatest player of his generation. He also goes on how much he loves Ginobili, Parker and Pop and as a bonus he rips on Kobe. I don't think there is any kind of bias, he just has genuinely bought into the notion that the Spurs can't handle the Griz size (as many people on this very board were grousing about just 24 hours ago: http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...nightmare.html)

I'd give him a huge break. He is one of the few guys on BSPN who regularly gives the Spurs credit. And keep in mind as a Celtics fan he should be bitter because through luck (Duncan) and incompetence (Parker), the Spurs snagged two players that should have been wearing green and white.

SoCal Bong 05-20-13 01:30 PM

I was about to post that same podcast. Just because someone picks against our team doesn't make them a jerk or an idiot. I kind of like being the underdog anyway.

mckennaspur1 05-20-13 02:12 PM

I gotta think that the ESPN guys are playing to a script. Their function is to build up story lines and suspense in the hope of increasing ratings. What they may say in private is probably very different from what they say in public. They get serious money to act as shills.

It's a weird job, but money trumps integrity almost every time.

TimmyDthaWay2B 05-20-13 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal Bong (Post 1297231)
I was about to post that same podcast. Just because someone picks against our team doesn't make them a jerk or an idiot. I kind of like being the underdog anyway.

If it was just picking against SA, I wouldn't have a problem. But it isn't. Its like listening to a knicks-spurs game with frazier (who I see as one of the most bias) calling it. Just too much. It could be the espn script... Maybe skip Bayless actually hates SA?