News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-15-13, 08:31 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

TMAC is done people. Let it go.

In another thread, as part of an afterthought, one of our respected members said " TMAC is done people. Let it go."

I thought the comment deserved its own thread.

What say you?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-15-13, 08:36 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I say he has a few shots left in him. I can say this, for sure...I hope he gets a ring this year.

"Manu is wacko. He has no fear." - Gregg Popovich
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-15-13, 08:47 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

I was on the road last night and didn't see the game, according to what I saw in the Box Score he played about 4 minutes, how'd he look?
Old 05-15-13, 08:54 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

I'd rather him get time than neal right now. At least he's taller and he can't do any worse than neal. We can put anyone in to go out miss shots and play no defense.
Old 05-15-13, 08:55 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
I was on the road last night and didn't see the game, according to what I saw in the Box Score he played about 4 minutes, how'd he look?
He was a little timid and looked out of place but that could change with more playing time. I will say this... He was certainly no Stephen Jackson.. both in the good and bad ways.
Old 05-15-13, 09:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Personally I think he dominated RJ last night. Not sure who that says more about tho.
Old 05-15-13, 09:07 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

mmm

4.02min of play: 2rebs 1assist 2blocks
52sec: 1stl
5:15min 1assist 1stl

and passing the ball good for the rest of team, is pretty good to me for a veteran insurance, paying the right price...

Last edited by JuanCaca; 05-15-13 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-15-13, 09:12 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

He was ok in the Spare Garbage time from that DEEP Bench.
Naturally if you have not played in a long time except few minutes you become fatigued just from sitting. Yes just from sitting.

TMAC fits exactly what Pop needs him to fit. Just in case we need him, if he was playing minutes he in my honest opinion will bring some good things to the table. I am liking having him ready to play. you never know we might need him later on.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 05-15-13, 10:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

The sole shot he took, he took with confidence! It looked beautiful despite the ball rimming out. Give the guy some more minutes.
Old 05-15-13, 10:26 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Don't think he took a shot so not sure what the thread was about. I though he was ok in garbage time and did nothing to hurt the Spurs.
Old 05-15-13, 10:53 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

hard to really anaylze IMO....it was pure "garbage time" for both teams....looked okay but during garbage time it's hard to get a good picture of what really happened.
Old 05-15-13, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalloJD View Post
The sole shot he took, he took with confidence! It looked beautiful despite the ball rimming out. Give the guy some more minutes.
Tmac deserves to play. I think pop is being smart about it. POP said he was out of shape for sitting 2 months so the first two rounds are getting him in shape. I think well see him against Mem and if we make it, the finals. His height and freshness can certainly be used. Neal better right his game ASAP or will have his PT erased like the case was for him last night

- Confucius
Old 05-15-13, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Tmac deserves to play. I think pop is being smart about it. POP said he was out of shape for sitting 2 months so the first two rounds are getting him in shape. I think well see him against Mem and if we make it, the finals. His height and freshness can certainly be used. Neal better right his game ASAP or will have his PT erased like the case was for him last night
Neal hasn't been the same since he developed plantar fasciitis so I don't think his game comes back until he can get some off-season surgery.
Old 05-15-13, 11:51 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

From what I saw I believe he can contribute. That is what we need , a little contribution from everyone not named Tony, Tim, and Manu.
Old 05-15-13, 11:56 AM
SpursReport Team Member

for gabage time, he did well. He may not have scored but he did pass the ball well...
He didn't make any stupid mistakes, and I think his vet experience will put us more in the plus than the minus...
T Mac can and I believe will contribute...
Old 05-15-13, 12:27 PM

Game 6, you know Jackson is going to keep his kiddy corp in for a very large portion of the game, if Pop plays a 2nd unit of Manu, Cory, T-Mac, Diaw and Kawhi or Green in the middle of the 3rd period that group could easily score and give the starters a really good rest for the 4th quarter.

Cory gives speed and ball handling, Manu keeps the offense flowing, TMac as the designated spot up shooter, Diaw as another passer and hopefully a rebound or two and Kawhi and/or Green for defense -
Wouldn't that work fairly well? Especially if we're talking about a 6-10 minute stretch..
Old 05-15-13, 12:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I could care less if it was garbage time. Those are sweet stats for the only 4 minutes he was allotted.
Old 05-15-13, 12:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Yea, Tmac didn't have to look good for me to say give him a chance. Even at his worst he would only do what Neal and Bonner have been doing all series.... Nothing...

So why not give him a chance? I don't think he is anymore done than some that actually get Pt .
Old 05-15-13, 01:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

When they signed him, I didn't think much of it. After watching him, albeit a few minutes at a time in garbage time, I'm not sure he couldn't give us a few minutes here and there. In the right circumstance. He looks comfortable, and doesn't feel a need to press or prove himself, and seems to be giving some defensive effort. He also looks bigger than I remember. Could be a worse guy to have play 8-10 min. We could still have to count on Richard Jefferson....
Old 05-15-13, 04:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

He played exactly how much he should.
Put a real player on the bench when the game is out of reach. If he plays at any other time, then the Spurs have thrown in the towel.

He needs to keep his injury faking butt on the bench until he can offer up his knees to the injury gods in lieu of a real player.
Old 05-16-13, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
He played exactly how much he should.
Put a real player on the bench when the game is out of reach. If he plays at any other time, then the Spurs have thrown in the towel.

He needs to keep his injury faking butt on the bench until he can offer up his knees to the injury gods in lieu of a real player.
So how do you REALLY feel about him???
Old 05-16-13, 07:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Would love for him to get about 10 mins. I'm assuming pop is working him into shape and that hell get more run in the next series. Was interesting to see that Grizz already have home games tix for games 1 and 2 on sale already. Guess they're preparing for GS cuz they sure as hell wouldn't have HC against us.

- Confucius
Old 05-16-13, 08:54 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

But who would have contributed more in the playoffs if they played equal number of minutes? T-Mac or Stephen Jackson?
Old 05-16-13, 10:24 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
But who would have contributed more in the playoffs if they played equal number of minutes? T-Mac or Stephen Jackson?
We have quite the sample size with SJax and pretty much garbage time with tmac. Going by the sample thus far, you'd have to pick tmac with his intangibles. He may be old (3 yrs younger the. Jax) but he's quicker and I think a better passer. I hate to nag on Jax but he was slow as molasses this year. Give Mac some pt

- Confucius
Old 05-16-13, 05:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
So how do you REALLY feel about him???
He is in search of a heart (TinMac), will fake injuries if his shot isn't falling, and has never participated on a team that has ANY success in the postseason. There are many more complaints in the Houston area, but that's the top 70%.

But I hear he has a sweet shot in practice. He can pass.
And he has a multitude of body parts to be offered up to the gods. Except a heart. Or balls.
Old 05-16-13, 07:58 PM
SpursReport Rookie

In 3 years TMac averaged around 27 points a game in the playoffs for the Rockets. The complaints in HTown should be because their team sucked, not Tracy Mcgrady. I don't know if he can help the Spurs right now. But he was blamed for Houston inept teams, when in fact he carried them. I tend to believe he could be more valuable than SJax given the appropriate time with the team.
Old 05-18-13, 05:09 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

perfect series for T-mac to redemp himself!!
Old 05-18-13, 09:55 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
perfect series for T-mac to redeem himself!!
+1

We played them well in the season and I think we are the favorites for the series.
Old 05-18-13, 11:03 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
He is in search of a heart (TinMac), will fake injuries if his shot isn't falling, and has never participated on a team that has ANY success in the postseason. There are many more complaints in the Houston area, but that's the top 70%.

But I hear he has a sweet shot in practice. He can pass.
And he has a multitude of body parts to be offered up to the gods. Except a heart. Or balls.
So how is that much worse than Neal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
In 3 years TMac averaged around 27 points a game in the playoffs for the Rockets. The complaints in HTown should be because their team sucked, not Tracy Mcgrady. I don't know if he can help the Spurs right now. But he was blamed for Houston inept teams, when in fact he carried them. I tend to believe he could be more valuable than SJax given the appropriate time with the team.
I agree on this here, his numbers went up in the playoffs actually! Some of our guys are not near their regular numbers like Neal etc. He was not bad in the playoffs though like some believe! He came to play.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-19-13, 05:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

In game 1 of WCF, T Mac looked like a man who just had a labotomy. Who am I? Where am I?
Old 05-19-13, 06:35 PM
SpursReport Rookie

He drank after Bonner today...
Old 05-19-13, 06:43 PM
SR Team Goof

TMac looks as if he’s got lead weights on his shoes as he runs…….excuse me, walks the court. The other Spurs off the bench hustle up and down the floor, glad they’re getting playing time. TMac acts like he toked too many times on a reefer. I don’t know the logic as to why Pop and RC even have him in uniform, let alone sign him before the playoffs. For the rest of the Memphis series, I would think Pop would want some added muscle and bigs on the bench to help bang with Gasol, Randolph, Arthur and the rest when they wake up after today’s shellacking. Coach Hollins will not spare the rod when he goes over game film of this loss, and their bigs will be coming out with a different game face and attacking the boards more aggressively. Instead of TMac, I would suit Baynes, only because he can spell our other bigs with a little more enthusiasm and rough it up a little under the boards. At least he would have 6 fouls to waste and leave a few bruises behind while he’s playing. TMAC can sit behind the bench and stare into the stands. IMHO.
Old 05-19-13, 06:50 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Your kidding, right? Pop won't play anyone that he doesn't think can contribute. It may not be things we see, see Bonner, but he won't put the Spurs in position to fail because of personnel. We may not win the ultimate goal, but it won't be bc Pop puts someone in that can't contribute something. At least from the Spurs staff perspective.
Old 05-19-13, 09:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
So how is that much worse than Neal?
Three pointers are better than double dribbles.
Old 05-20-13, 01:20 AM
SpursReport Team Member

No need to talk too much.

T-Mac is not a garbage time player and he's not playing with passion when he plays in that time.
Blair may play with passion in garbage time, he's in contract year.
Patty Mills may play with passion in garbage time to prove that he can replace Neal next year.
Cory Joseph may play with passion in garbage time, because he spend half fof year in D-League.
But T-Mac is T-Mac. We all know who he is and what he can do.

I'm pretty sure that he will show something when (or if) we "really" need to him.
Old 05-20-13, 02:07 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Three pointers are better than double dribbles.
Neal has not shot the three that well in the playoffs, I am sorry he hits a few and you make this here? He has not done a thing all postseason pretty much. He is bad on D too. . T Mac to me is still better than Neal if in shape and with mins, but that is not hard IMO as Neal sucks. But yeah threes are better than double dribbles I guess. Time will tell though.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.