News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-13, 10:26 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Profile Story about Chris Roberts of the Austin Toros

HOW WE KNOW HIM: Roberts, a 6-foot-4 small forward, was a junior college transfer from Navarro College in 2008, playing two years for the Braves. The Fort Worth, Texas native averaged 10.5 points and 5.2 rebounds overall. His specialty was his leaping ability, which landed him on the ESPN top 10 plays of the day a few times for spectacular dunks.

But his greatest legacy at Bradley (in his junior season) was the 75-foot, last-second desperation shot he banked in at Carver Arena to give BU a 76-75 victory over Oakland, launching the Braves into the CollegeInsider.com championship game. That was the first time ESPN recognized him on its list.

Roberts has been playing professional basketball since graduating from Bradley in 2010. He’s spent 21/2 years in the NBA Developmental League with Texas and Austin. He’s averaged 12.5 points and 4.3 rebounds in his career, which has landed him on the fringe of making anNBA roster.

Roberts, who is single and lives in Texas, also played professionally in Mexico in the summer of 2011.

NBA DREAMS: “I’ve been learning and improving every year. I’m learning how to be a professional, the preparation and everything that goes into it.

“I have a few workouts this summer. I’m trying to go to Puerto Rico and play for a couple of months. I’ll try to go play in the NBA Summer League again and try to get on an NBA training camp team. I’m hoping to get signed, that’s my goal.

“If I don’t, I think I’ll go play overseas this year. I’m not giving up on my NBA dream. I’d just like to explore the world, get some more experience and then come back and still give it a shot.

“I’m getting better every year. I wasn’t on the NBA prospect call-up list and then this year I moved up to No. 12. I was close to a call-up this year with Memphis, but they took the other guy. I feel like I have options now.”

ANOTHER ESPN MOMENT: Roberts made the ESPN highlights again this season when he drove the lane and dunked on 7-5 Will Foster.

“My teammate, Trey Kelly, was in transition and I was just trying to find the perfect spacing on the break. He was able to find me. I just do what I do, which is to be aggressive and attack the rim.

Where are they now? Chris Roberts, Bradley Basketball - Peoria, IL - pjstar.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-13, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

a little undersized to be SF in the NBA i think.... has crazy long arms or mad defensive skills??? has long range shot or sweet mid ranger?? is he lightning fast (at SF) to play SG?
Old 05-13-13, 02:41 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Bonner sucks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-13, 06:40 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

hmm someone is ing the board??? *coughwillcough*

Old 05-13-13, 09:29 PM
Herman Cain of the board

facts are facts
Old 05-14-13, 12:25 AM
Official Whorry Hater!