News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-12-13, 05:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

"Pathetic rebounding!!"

Absolutely.... Unacceptable! Compound that with horrific free throws and poor execution. I saw a lot of nervousness at the free throw line. Alligator arming is from being nervous.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-12-13, 05:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

You forgot pathetic shooting and poor shot selection.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-12-13, 05:43 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

and no urgency or determination.
Old 05-12-13, 06:30 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Agree, no rebounding...didn't look fresh..maybe because the team is older. Expect big gs rep on Wedbesday. If you predicted Spurs in 6, it's still goid
Old 05-12-13, 07:04 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I thought Splitter and Diaw were flat. Need to put Blair or Baynes out there. Bonner was MIA once again.
Old 05-12-13, 07:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I thought Splitter and Diaw were flat. Need to put Blair or Baynes out there. Bonner was MIA once again.
Thank you! We could use Blair's activity, offensive rebounding, post poke aways and surprisingly enough his little tear drop. Baynes big body and energy, help side D and rebounding. I'm sorry, but I'll take Baynes next year over a bloated Splitter contract and Channing Frye for Bonner! Small contract for Manu and get Al Jefferson. When are they going to get Tim some real help down low!?
Old 05-12-13, 09:15 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

This is nothing new. The Spurs have been out-rebounded in every game of the series. The talking heads have simply not presented it as a topic and often times the Spurs wins come on the back of being out rebounded.
Old 05-12-13, 09:29 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

I want to cut Tiago and Diaw a little bit of slack (but not much) since their just now back in action, but for the rest of the guys, this was a pathetic performance especially in the 3rd quarter.

They came out and played like they thought the Warriors were just going to crawl into a hole and disappear. As the 3rd continued, I began to think back to those non-glorious years when the Spurs would talk the talk but not walk the walk.

There's NO excuse for being that pitiful on the free throw line and NO excuse for letting the Warriors slice and dice their way to this victory.

I get the feeling Pop doesn't really care if he's got energy guys on the bench, he's got his rotation fixed in his mind and he's going to follow it no matter what.
Old 05-12-13, 10:23 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
I want to cut Tiago and Diaw a little bit of slack (but not much) since their just now back in action, but for the rest of the guys, this was a pathetic performance especially in the 3rd quarter.

They came out and played like they thought the Warriors were just going to crawl into a hole and disappear. As the 3rd continued, I began to think back to those non-glorious years when the Spurs would talk the talk but not walk the walk.

There's NO excuse for being that pitiful on the free throw line and NO excuse for letting the Warriors slice and dice their way to this victory.

I get the feeling Pop doesn't really care if he's got energy guys on the bench, he's got his rotation fixed in his mind and he's going to follow it no matter what.
Pops stubborn attitude is what gets the team in trouble IMO! I hate his rotations alot of times, we are ahead and doing well and he just kills the momentum with Neal or someone else.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-12-13, 10:24 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Idk if the guys are hesitant to crash the offensive boards bc of getting back on D and making sure everyones guarded but it seemed like on every one of the spurs shots from farther then 10 feet as soon as the shot went up no one was even looking to crash the boards, or even moving towards the basket at all. They just watched the ball fly through the air as they started their movement back towards the defensive end.
Old 05-13-13, 11:22 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Splitter watches the ball too much on rebounds. I'm not a scout but it's something that I've noticed long before he got to SA. That's why I never ranted and raved about his arrival. Scola was different. I knew he would be good right from the start and he gets his nose on plays. Tiago doesn't.
Old 05-13-13, 11:27 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Splitter watches the ball too much on rebounds. I'm not a scout but it's something that I've noticed long before he got to SA. That's why I never ranted and raved about his arrival. Scola was different. I knew he would be good right from the start and he gets his nose on plays. Tiago doesn't.
I've begun to notice his hesitation too. It's like he doesn't have a true instinct for the ball and is afraid of mixing it up inside. At times he almost looks scared out there.
Old 05-13-13, 12:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

One thing about the Warriors: they welcome contact, even if it may result in a foul. They play almost reckless defense at times, and I mean that in a good way.

Spurs need to grow some hair on their chest and get some lead in their pencils.

The young Warriors are pwning them like b*****s.

That's where we need S-Jax, Blair or Baynes in there. Too bad Jackson isn't available any more.

Last edited by tenthousandaces; 05-13-13 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-14-13, 01:27 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I know Pop "the genuis" will never do it but PLEASE put Baines in there to bang his countryman around a little. He'll move Bogut and Landry out of the way for some rebounds. Splitter is not providing anything offensively so what do you lose with Baines. He played damn well against Howard because he banged him and what's the worst that can happen, he fouls Bogut 6 times doesn't Pop like the hack-a-bogut anyway....