News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-12-13, 05:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So when do refs.....

Not look at a replay at the end of the game on key plays! Ball on Bogut's leg while his foot was on the line.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-12-13, 05:45 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

I dont think there was even a discussion of it hitting bogut when he had a foot out of bounds. It didnt look like the ref under the basket was in position to see it because he was trying to sidestep into position to see the scramble on the floor. SO if the ref didnt see the ball get close to the out of bounds line and couldnt see it hit bogut who had a foot out of bounds then he wouldnt have had a reason to go look at the replay. I only saw it on the replay which the refs cant see.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-12-13, 05:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

And the ref conveniently did not notice Bogut blatantly holding Green's arm. Lot of love from refs to GS today. LOTS. That's said if Timmy and Manu could manage to shoot better than 5 of 11 from the line, even conspiratorially bad officiating wouldn't have mattered.

Bad officiating aside, This Spur team just doesn't have it. They're no where near good enough to win one last ring.
Old 05-12-13, 06:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Legged Dog View Post
And the ref conveniently did not notice Bogut blatantly holding Green's arm. Lot of love from refs to GS today. LOTS. That's said if Timmy and Manu could manage to shoot better than 5 of 11 from the line, even conspiratorially bad officiating wouldn't have mattered.

Bad officiating aside, This Spur team just doesn't have it. They're no where near good enough to win one last ring.
+1. The problem is they always stick to the same crew year after year, get a great season record and the playoffs prove to be the same. See the pattern? That's why guys like Tiago, Bonner sit the bench in big games, and people are against guys like Al Jefferson being on this team, stating Tiago has improved and is more of a value at his price tag. Jefferson takes and eats Splitters lunch, even if it is 7 million more a year. That crappy a$$ hook, he can't create for hiself and no jump shot! Jefferson would fit perfect in the system. Duncan likes the jumpshot and Al likes to post up. High, low offense from both, both can shoot and Al being paired with Timmy would definitely benefit Tim and the Spurs. Tiago needs to walk, along with Bonner and Jefferson needs to be here next year. I'm tired of not having a dependable big next to Duncan year after year.... It's time to get some real help!
Old 05-12-13, 06:32 PM

Yeah i was hoping/am hoping for jefferson to somehow get here.
Old 05-12-13, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Would be great to have the big game players..... but none of them want to come here, even when we have cap space available.

Thats why we have to keep putting bit parts around the three and trying to make it work. I defend those bit parts because I see them for what they are but ofcourse it would be better to get a Jefferson rather than have Splitter, its just the ongoign issue of fitting it all under the cap and so not overpaying in one position around the Big 3 so we suffer at another.
Old 05-13-13, 08:16 AM
The Master Baiter

I don't think the refs were the problem. GS had all their big men in foul trouble in the second half, the two stars were ordinary, and yet the Spurs just couldn't put it away.

As far as the future, fans and apparently the front office are afraid to break up the big 3. They could have traded Manu and/or Stephen Jackson this year for Al Jefferson. Manu, when he's not hitting shots, is useless. He can't defend, he turns the ball over, he takes bad shots. I've been saying this for three years. But people get blinded by the 1 in every 3 games he actually does something.
Old 05-13-13, 02:31 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I don't think the refs were the problem. GS had all their big men in foul trouble in the second half, the two stars were ordinary, and yet the Spurs just couldn't put it away.

As far as the future, fans and apparently the front office are afraid to break up the big 3. They could have traded Manu and/or Stephen Jackson this year for Al Jefferson. Manu, when he's not hitting shots, is useless. He can't defend, he turns the ball over, he takes bad shots. I've been saying this for three years. But people get blinded by the 1 in every 3 games he actually does something.
Those two salaries for Big Al do not match up salary wise very well for that deal to go down. Too much actually for Utah to take back. I'm sure Utah would have wanted at least a first rounder too. There were rumors for Big Al but what was reported to who it may have included was very murky at best. I'm assuming SJax was included but what else? Not Manu I'm sure.
Old 05-13-13, 03:10 PM

I just hope that if we end up re-signing manu that its in the $5 mil range. I would hope for less but I cant say that he deserves anything more for what he is bringing. I think we let splitter go as well if we can get someone like al jeff with the room that we may have. Idk if the salaries work just from those two alone but at this point im about 99% sure i would be ok with jeff over splitter.
Old 05-14-13, 08:54 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
I just hope that if we end up re-signing manu that its in the $5 mil range. I would hope for less but I cant say that he deserves anything more for what he is bringing. I think we let splitter go as well if we can get someone like al jeff with the room that we may have. Idk if the salaries work just from those two alone but at this point im about 99% sure i would be ok with jeff over splitter.
If Manu is going to pay this poorly, then it doesn't really matter how much or how little we pay him.
Old 05-14-13, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Legged Dog View Post
If Manu is going to pay this poorly, then it doesn't really matter how much or how little we pay him.
So you're saying if hes playing bad it wouldnt matter if we pay him $3 mil as compared to the 14 or whatever he is getting right now? I think it matters a great deal that the spurs don't oversplurge just because of their loyalty. Even if he can be a spark of the bench for a couple minutes a game that will help but he cant be relied upon to be the finisher he always has been. So if we dont give him as much money then maybe, just maybe, we can use it on someone who can help this team close.
Old 05-14-13, 11:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

So the answer to the question is....., yes we gave up a ten point lead, yes we sucked at the end, but the fact of the matter is Bogut was out, it was under two minutes, Pop did ask to review and I believe they told him no, regardless of how bad we were at the end. Whether we deserved to win or lose, that would've been Spurs ball with 16 secs on the clock and possibly another win for the Spurs