News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-13, 01:48 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Tony Parker: 'They always forgot about me anyway'

Tony Parker scored 32 points in the San Antonio Spurs' 102-92 road victory over the Golden State Warriors to take a 2-1 lead in the Western Conference Semifinals. Before the game, nearly all of the media attention had focused on the Warriors' dynamic backcourt of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, but Tony Parker reminded everyone of his presence.

After the game, Parker was asked about Curry and the other point guards in the NBA getting more attention — heck, Derrick Rose isn't even playing and he's comparatively dominating the news cycle — and Parker gave an answer he's been giving for almost a decade.

"They always forgot about me anyway," Parker said in his postgame press conference. "I play for my teammates, Coach Pop, the Spurs and the city of San Antonio."

Parker was limping in the fourth quarter with a calf injury, and just like Steph Curry, who turned his ankle and is a game-time decision for Sunday afternoon, his status is up in the air. Parker said after the game he "got kicked pretty bad."

Tony Parker: 'They always forgot about me anyway' - SBNation.com

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-13, 03:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

No respect for our man Tones! Good that he feels that way and that he doesnt play for the critics but for his coach, his teammate, the fans, and the city of San Antonio! That to me defines what kinda guy we got on our side! MVP baby!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-13, 03:33 PM
SpursReport Rookie

That's the sports media for ya. If I was TP9, I could care less about the critics (ESPN, of course) & just help San Antonio Spurs get to the Western Conference Finals. What's up, Spurs' fans?