News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-13, 11:21 AM
SpursReport Rookie

SEASON IS ON THE LINE - TELL POP THIS MESSAGE!

The spurs loss last night is tough for one reason and one reason only – we are headed to Golden State with a game tomorrow night with the following game being 36 hours later. The spurs are an older team and it is going to be tough to keep up with the run and gun Golden State team. The only way to beat them at this point is to change our philosophy, slow down the pace of the game, wait for the shot clock to get down under 14 seconds before getting into our rotations and milk the clock. Play a half court style of offense and as soon as we shoot, we need to rush back on defense and force them into a half court offense as well. They want to run and gun, they are rhythm shooters and we need to get them out of their style of offense. We have to remember that they are a young team, we can get them rattled quickly by putting them in a position they are not comfortable in.

I also think we need to play Blair more, he is more suited for this style of team than Tiago is. He can bang around for rebounds, hustle and do the little things that Splitter cannot do. Kwahi needs to focus SOLELY on shutting down Curry and not worry about his offense. Go into Bruce Bowen mode. Put Danny Green on Klay Thompson and Parker on Jack.

TOMORROW NIGHT – Season is on the line!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-09-13, 12:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I agree the season is on the line tomorrow night and splitter isnt healthy niether is diaw. But diaw is fine coming off the bench but I would sit splitter out this next one. Witht he warriors playing tons of small ball, I think blair can give you solid minutes on the inside and match the warriors hustle. Baynes can be useful on boggut, if nothing else he's a big body who will make boggut and give timmy some help on the inside, To bad boggut has probably the worse hands of any player ive seen in a while...so that a huge knock on him and why pop is hesitant to play him

Make no mistake about it The spurs are down 2-0 right now. They need this next one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-12-13, 10:24 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Seems like a repeat just before fridays game, season on the line too with a pivotal game 5 coming. Damn SPURS WHY?
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-13-13, 02:36 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Get rid of Bonner this summer! thanks Pop
Old 05-13-13, 07:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

It's your brainstorm. I think you should tell him yourself.
Old 05-14-13, 01:27 PM
Herman Cain of the board

TRADE BONNER!