News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-08-13, 10:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Early exit....

If they don't figure out this Thompson, Curry situation out! 2 guys kicking their a$$ right now. Wait til they get to GS, it's going to be ugly! You just can't keep digging gigantic holes in the p.o's and expect to win.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-08-13, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

True that plus cannot go without running any offense wth!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-08-13, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
If they don't figure out this Thompson, Curry situation out! 2 guys kicking their a$$ right now. Wait til they get to GS, it's going to be ugly! You just can't keep digging gigantic holes in the p.o's and expect to win.
+1

I can see the Spurs losing in game 6 in Oakland. It's sad when you need your coach to ask you to be "nasty" or in other words "be competitive." I think this is where SJax is missed. Shoot. Put T-Mac in. Even he doesn't take @*$% from people. The Spurs are collectively a team of doormats. Put these kids on their asses!
Old 05-08-13, 11:30 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

You know how you neutralize Curry... A post up guard. T-Mac post ups, Kawhi post up mismatches on Curry and Thompson. Make them work and get cheap fouls.
Old 05-08-13, 11:53 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
You know how you neutralize Curry... A post up guard. T-Mac post ups, Kawhi post up mismatches on Curry and Thompson. Make them work and get cheap fouls.
Maybe, something is worth a try.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-09-13, 12:13 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Spurs are having trouble handling the Warriors youthful energy and athleticism. TMac isn't going to be the answer at his age.
Old 05-09-13, 12:13 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

This series Is over.... No ifs..... This team is better than SA. Simple as that... We were lucky to win game 1. Game 2 is how game 1 should have ended... Now prepare to get blown out atleast once in GS... Refs were total crap down the stretch... And that's the way it will be against ANY team we play... Its over IMO.
Old 05-09-13, 12:26 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The Spurs looked old and sluggish. Bad defense and offense plus poor free throw shooting to go along with that. Also, no more home court advantage which seems to be a bad habit with the Spurs. They do not have a scorer to count on like Curry, Durant, James, Anthony. The Warriors look like the veteran team and the Spurs look like the deer-in-the headlights team!!

Last edited by bkp65; 05-09-13 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-09-13, 12:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Are we really saying they are the better team. You people are sad, truly are. First off we should be happy with the series being tied because we should be down 0-2. We have yet to play a complete game and mind you their backcourt went off again from 3 point land. I am confident we'll win AT LEAST one game in GS. I'll even go as far to say that we'll win game 3. Stay classy fellow spurs fans

- Confucius
Old 05-09-13, 12:48 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Are we really saying they are the better team. You people are sad, truly are. First off we should be happy with the series being tied because we should be down 0-2. We have yet to play a complete game and mind you their backcourt went off again from 3 point land. I am confident we'll win AT LEAST one game in GS. I'll even go as far to say that we'll win game 3. Stay classy fellow spurs fans
I like your moxey. No tellin' what situation you will ever find yourself in or any way of knowing how it turns out, but it just might. Either way, you stick to your guns and keep scrapping the best you can muster. I'd be proud to be in a foxhole with you. So light your cigars and lets blast our way out of this mess.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 05-09-13 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-09-13, 03:13 AM
SpursReport Team Member

This series remind me 2010 play-offs against Phoenix.

They were a complete mismatch for us and couldn't find any solution against their offense. They swept us and they well deserved.

Now the same scenerio is happening against GSW. Somehow we have won the first game, but they're dominating the series. Golden State is a hell for an away team and they have one of the most aggressive fans in the league.

Hard to accept but I also think that we've no chance to win a game in that atmosphere there after seeing first 2 games. It seems that this series over for me too, I'm hopeless.
Old 05-09-13, 03:32 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post

OUCH, I said this a few times in the chat tonight, just nothing you could do and they just out shot you all series long! We said surely this can not continue, but it did.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-09-13, 04:12 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post

They were a complete mismatch for us and couldn't find any solution against their offense. They swept us and they well deserved.

Now the same scenerio is happening against GSW. Somehow we have won the first game, but they're dominating the series. Golden State is a hell for an away team and they have one of the most aggressive fans in the league.

Hard to accept but I also think that we've no chance to win a game in that atmosphere there after seeing first 2 games. It seems that this series over for me too, I'm hopeless.
There was a lot of truth on the Phoenix series but Manu was hurt and Mavs series was tough on the Spurs. It was the perfect storm and Phoenix was riding high at the time. Also Mike D was gone in Phoenix and he was a big issue on their playoff failures . GS is tough at home no doubt but it's not like playing the 80's Celtics in the Boston Garden with a hall of fame front court to include a back to back to back MVP. It can be done. The Spurs can still win the series. It's not over.
Old 05-09-13, 07:03 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
I like your moxey. No tellin' what situation you will ever find yourself in or any way of knowing how it turns out, but it just might. Either way, you stick to your guns and keep scrapping the best you can muster. I'd be proud to be in a foxhole with you. So light your cigars and lets blast our way out of this mess.
Much appreciated. GS definitely has our attention, but to think that we are unable to win on the road when we've been the better team all along is absolutely ridiculous to me. This is where poise and experience comes into play. And I bet Pop has told his team that they only played portions of both games with spurs basketball. I expect a focused and hungry spurs team after laying as egg in both games but with the series tied. I hope GS comes out too pumped and gets long ball hungry again

- Confucius
Old 05-09-13, 07:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Steph and Klay are playing with a fierce and fearless edge and that's scary. They rarely miss!!!! I can see why our Spurs get discouraged with a shootout like that. I dont blame them. With that being said, its not over till its over. I believe we can win on their court! The Warriors arent invincible, even though they do play like it.

......if it bleeds we can kill it.

No freaking way im throwing in the towel yet!!! Go Spurs Go!!!!!!
Old 05-09-13, 05:12 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

First off, the series is not even close to being over. That is a ridiculous statement. The fact is our offense hasn't been good these last two games. I know the LA crowd isn't the same as Oracle, but we played much better on the road in the first round. I'm saying we win both games in Oakland, I'm expecting a big game from Green and Kawhi in gm 3, and game 4 will be Tony's night. Right that down, take it to the bank spurs fans!!! No reason to get down on the team after splitting the home games, we are shooting 41% from the field(way below season avg of 48%) in the first two games. I look for that to improve, and I think the Warriors cool off, as they are shooting 48% in the first two(above season avg of 45%). GO SPURS GO!!!
Old 05-09-13, 06:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

What have we shown besides that we are older, slower, defensively and offensively worse? You say we are lucky to be tied and that we should be down 0-2, but they aren't the better team? I don't get it? This is the playoffs, how can we expect to beat anyone if they can't play a complete game on their own court! Yes, their backcourt did go off AGAIN. You think going back to GS is going to change that? I hope you are right, because I do have a habit of getting really discouraged when spurs play so awful. I love this team, and it kills me! I give us a chance, but it isn't good. But when I say its over, im not talking GS specifically....At some point we will have to face the Heat if we advance.. I see about 20 LeBron FT per game against us.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-09-13 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-09-13, 06:54 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Much appreciated. GS definitely has our attention, but to think that we are unable to win on the road when we've been the better team all along is absolutely ridiculous to me. This is where poise and experience comes into play. And I bet Pop has told his team that they only played portions of both games with spurs basketball. I expect a focused and hungry spurs team after laying as egg in both games but with the series tied. I hope GS comes out too pumped and gets long ball hungry again

I hope so. I don't see it.. but I hope so. I don't see them being too pumped considering GS came into SA and spanked them 2 days after having their hearts ripped out... But who knows?
Old 05-10-13, 10:00 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

GS has been shooting care free all series. They werent supposed to win any of the games in Sa. Lets hope that now that theyre back home they feel a little pressure and not every shot comes as easily and care free in front of an expectant crowd.
Old 05-10-13, 10:05 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
GS has been shooting care free all series. They werent supposed to win any of the games in Sa. Lets hope that now that theyre back home they feel a little pressure and not every shot comes as easily and care free in front of an expectant crowd.
That's exactly what I'm expecting. Now the pressure is on them so to speak. Us against the world mentality worked in San Antonio. Hope it reverses now that they're home

- Confucius
Old 05-10-13, 10:40 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't see GS getting tight or nervous being at home. That doesn't make sense. Who gets nervous when they are in familiar surroundings?? There is no pressure on this GS team. They are playing with house money. They are not supposed to win this series and they know it. When you have nothing to lose, you can be carefree and loose.

That being said, the Spurs need to run GS off of the 3-point line. Give GS two point shots. Basically this series is the Spurs frontcourt vs. the Warriors backcourt. You can't win that matchup giving up 45% shooting from 3. Force them to take two point shots and you can win this series.
Old 05-10-13, 11:55 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
I don't see GS getting tight or nervous being at home. That doesn't make sense. Who gets nervous when they are in familiar surroundings?? There is no pressure on this GS team. They are playing with house money. They are not supposed to win this series and they know it. When you have nothing to lose, you can be carefree and loose.

That being said, the Spurs need to run GS off of the 3-point line. Give GS two point shots. Basically this series is the Spurs frontcourt vs. the Warriors backcourt. You can't win that matchup giving up 45% shooting from 3. Force them to take two point shots and you can win this series.

Going to have to yank Bonner then. I could close out faster on the 3 ball by crawling...
Old 05-10-13, 01:29 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Going to have to yank Bonner then. I could close out faster on the 3 ball by crawling...
Do you have a crush on Bonner? Because you mention him in every thread.
Old 05-10-13, 01:58 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

You seem to come to Bonners rescue every chance you get... Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself that.

Bonner did close out on their best shooter late multiple times. I'm sure im not the only one that saw it.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-10-13 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-10-13, 03:56 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
You seem to come to Bonners rescue every chance you get... Maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself that.

Bonner did close out on their best shooter late multiple times. I'm sure im not the only one that saw it.
They shot 48% from three, EVERYONE was late closing out.
Old 05-10-13, 04:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
They shot 48% from three, EVERYONE was late closing out.

I cant disagree. Just the difference between someone like green closing out who almost gets there and someone like bonner who is just realizing he needs to head that way when the shooter catches the ball. Bonner will probably go off tonight now that ive vented about him. Don't think I just pick on bonner....As of late Bonner>Neal.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-10-13 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-10-13, 07:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Instead of a traditional "close out" defense on Curry, would it be wrong to just punch him in the jaw while he's shooting?
Old 05-10-13, 10:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Spurs are going to have to start roughing up those two guys. Stop being so nice and respectful!
Old 05-11-13, 01:18 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Good call to everyone who thought opposite of me. Ive never been so happy to be wrong...I pray we can keep it going!

Feel free to serve me up some crow.
Old 05-11-13, 01:22 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Quote:
That's exactly what I'm expecting. Now the pressure is on them so to speak. Us against the world mentality worked in San Antonio. Hope it reverses now that they're home
Quote:
Quote:
Good call to everyone who thought opposite of me. Ive never been so happy to be wrong...I pray we can keep it going!

Feel free to serve me up some crow.

I love it Go spurs go!!!

- Confucius
Old 05-11-13, 01:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Tonight was great. I was hopeless after first 2 games but right now we showed our charachter. We won tonight, weo could lose too. But in both case we proved that we can play our game and force Golden State to play our game.
Old 05-11-13, 02:35 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I love it Go spurs go!!!
Its a long series... Obviously feel a LOT better abt it now... . Let's just hope TP is ok because he is vital.

Btw.. I attribute this win to bonner playing his lowest minute total of the series...... Jk.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-11-13 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-11-13, 01:02 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

This Thread Overreact Much?

$
Old 05-11-13, 05:42 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Bonner sucks!
Old 05-11-13, 05:54 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

So, how will the Spurs match up with Miami?

Old 05-11-13, 06:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

my question is: I haven't been able to see the games. I'm only seeing the reports, so that's almost nothing, but, basically, I don't like what I see. To be clear: I don't see any ball movement, any team play. The Spurs were playing amazing team play just some months ago. Why the hell it is not possible to go back to that. I think the Spurs have the capacity to be right at the top, but what is happening that this basic aspect of the game we were talking about so proudly in january is gone (again) in the playoffs. I just wished this changes quickly. But please somebody from the people actually watching the games can explain this to me? Thanks!
Old 05-11-13, 07:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
This Thread Overreact Much?

$
No,the assumption is, if the Spurs don't figure out how to limit those two guards... It just might be an early vacation. Remember when Amare' torched the Spurs for more than 30ppg? That was one guy and we won that series.... But 2 guys that fill it up like Curry and Thompson can be trouble. But as we saw last night, they got a better hold of those guys. Then we almost gave it away with the silly turnovers, missed free throws and quick and early shot attempts. So no overreact, just a thread on what needs to be done to advance.
Old 05-11-13, 09:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's amazing after game 3 what tightning up the defense and playing Spur ball on offense can do.
Now that Diaw is back we will see less of Bonner. Curry played one good game, game 1, and is starting to wear down. By playing him with different guards he is being worn out mentally too.
Go Spurs Go!!
Old 05-12-13, 06:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Curry and Thompson are not major factors in this series - and no I am not high.

The Warriors have not scored more than 100 points in regulation even one time. The Spurs need to look at themselves in the mirror. They are not moving the ball. They are not taking smart shots. If the Spurs want to win this series they need to get back to Spurs ball (2013 edition) and put the ball in the basket.
Old 05-12-13, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dave View Post
Curry and Thompson are not major factors in this series - and no I am not high.

The Warriors have not scored more than 100 points in regulation even one time. The Spurs need to look at themselves in the mirror. They are not moving the ball. They are not taking smart shots. If the Spurs want to win this series they need to get back to Spurs ball (2013 edition) and put the ball in the basket.
The problem i saw with the spurs today at the end of the 4th was that when GS started making their run, they started panicking and taking ill-advised threes and long two's instead of running their offense. They got rattled and have been getting rattled and instead of relying on execution to help them stop runs they rely on the unreliable three point shots that they decide to jack up.
Old 05-12-13, 06:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
The problem i saw with the spurs today at the end of the 4th was that when GS started making their run, they started panicking and taking ill-advised threes and long two's instead of running their offense. They got rattled and have been getting rattled and instead of relying on execution to help them stop runs they rely on the unreliable three point shots that they decide to jack up.
but why does this happen?!! How is it possible?! It's the most experienced team in the NBA and they forget to do what makes them win games? I cannot understand it. Is there some strange phenomena I cannot grasp? they should be sitting on that practice, that's the foundation.
Old 05-12-13, 06:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Leonard looked very rattled. He needs to find his shot, and fast... Especially his damn free throws. . Pathetic
Old 05-12-13, 07:39 PM

I dont understand either. My thoughts on the team changes from game to game. I go from last game thinking that they may actually have a good chance at getting to the finals and then to today where I feel like they just dont really want it and that if they can get past GS they may not get through the next round.
Old 05-12-13, 08:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
So, how will the Spurs match up with Miami?

Miami! Memphis will beat us down. They're bigs will be too much for Duncan alone, and Parker will have his toughest challenge yet. Not only do they have great defense, but the have Tony Allen and Prince to bother Parker. Bayless and Conley, both capable scorers. Randolph an offensive rebounding machine, Gasol looks fantastic. The Spurs will need everyone playing at they're potential to beat Memphis. I think Memphis beats Miami if they make it to the finals. They are just missing a couple knock down shooters from being almost unbeatable in my opinion.