News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-07-13, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Hopefully that was rust!

Cause my heart can't take too many of those games! Freaking Ginobli, he's the only guy that can piss you off one play and the very next play, he's the man!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-13, 12:10 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Spurs looked surprisingly uncoordinated on offense. Frequently, two shooters would be within a yard of each other on the arc and the ball handler would have to bark out instructions. So much for the well-oiled Spur machine.

Fantastic win, though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-13, 12:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Yea this GS team worries me. I wouldnt be at all suprised if we went back to GS 1-1
Old 05-07-13, 02:42 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Yea this GS team worries me. I wouldnt be at all suprised if we went back to GS 1-1
We don't want that to happen, going back there 1-1 after stealing that game one from them would give them all the momentum to come back here up 3-1. I hope that doesn't happen.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-07-13, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Not worried about Game 2. IMHO, if GS were gonna end their AT&T curse it would have been Game 1 when the Spurs were just waking up after a week off.

GS' next shot for a victory is back in front of their rabid fans for Game 3.

(...let's see how that bold prediction works out...)
Old 05-08-13, 04:44 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

If you ask the media, there was no rust... Miami? All rust and no worries... Spurs? No rust, just playing a younger faster team.. Anyone else notice that?
Old 05-08-13, 06:54 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The Spurs are always playing a younger and more athletic team according to ESPN. If we started joseph, green, leonard, blair and splitter, they would still say we are old and slow...
but back to the main point, I agree that GS blew their best shot to steal one here. We were rusty for sure, dropped the ball a ton and just looked uncoordinated. Next game will be better I think, either way I am worried about going to GS...
GS just has the feeling of our new Phoenix... I could see up playing them a bunch in the next few years and having some exciting series.
Old 05-08-13, 08:26 AM
The Eternal Optimist

Perhaps there was no rust, but I think there was some rust combined with fitting Diaw in and Splitter not being there along with a a subpar Duncan. At this point, I have to say kudos Mr. Green. He surely came up big when the pressure was there this time. Lets hope he just gets on one of his rolls for the rest of the playoffs.
Old 05-08-13, 09:24 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I agree that GS lost their best shot at stealing one here - I don't see this as a Denver or Thunder like copout in Game two. Besides I like Manu's statement that we should treat game 1 as a loss and we'll automatically be prepared to blow them out!
Old 05-09-13, 12:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Nope. Not rust.

Lack of athleticism? Yes
Inability to it wide open shots? Yes
Poor free throw shooting? Yes
Bonner worthless? Yes
Diaw worthless? Yes
G. Neal worthless? Yes
Danny Green worthless and nutless? Yes
Splitter worthless? Yes
Manu running out of gas? Yes
Tony sucking in 1st half(s)? Yes
Game passing Pop by? Yes
R.C. Buford was never a genius? Correct
Old 05-09-13, 02:37 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD View Post
I agree that GS lost their best shot at stealing one here - I don't see this as a Denver or Thunder like copout in Game two. Besides I like Manu's statement that we should treat game 1 as a loss and we'll automatically be prepared to blow them out!
They went out and took game two easily tonight! So no KAD they did not have to steal one they just took one and should have taken two. :shocked
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.