SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Hopefully that was rust! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119218-hopefully-rust.html)

MRJONESIII 05-07-13 11:30 AM

Hopefully that was rust!

Cause my heart can't take too many of those games! Freaking Ginobli, he's the only guy that can piss you off one play and the very next play, he's the man!

mckennaspur1 05-07-13 12:10 PM

Spurs looked surprisingly uncoordinated on offense. Frequently, two shooters would be within a yard of each other on the arc and the ball handler would have to bark out instructions. So much for the well-oiled Spur machine.

Fantastic win, though.

TimmyDthaWay2B 05-07-13 12:25 PM

Yea this GS team worries me. I wouldnt be at all suprised if we went back to GS 1-1

Rzarector7 05-07-13 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B (Post 1296264)
Yea this GS team worries me. I wouldnt be at all suprised if we went back to GS 1-1

We don't want that to happen, going back there 1-1 after stealing that game one from them would give them all the momentum to come back here up 3-1. I hope that doesn't happen.

mckennaspur1 05-07-13 02:43 PM

Not worried about Game 2. IMHO, if GS were gonna end their AT&T curse it would have been Game 1 when the Spurs were just waking up after a week off.

GS' next shot for a victory is back in front of their rabid fans for Game 3.

(...let's see how that bold prediction works out...)

TimmyDthaWay2B 05-08-13 04:44 AM

If you ask the media, there was no rust... Miami? All rust and no worries... Spurs? No rust, just playing a younger faster team.. Anyone else notice that?

InegoMontoya 05-08-13 06:54 AM

The Spurs are always playing a younger and more athletic team according to ESPN. If we started joseph, green, leonard, blair and splitter, they would still say we are old and slow...
but back to the main point, I agree that GS blew their best shot to steal one here. We were rusty for sure, dropped the ball a ton and just looked uncoordinated. Next game will be better I think, either way I am worried about going to GS...
GS just has the feeling of our new Phoenix... I could see up playing them a bunch in the next few years and having some exciting series.

old timer 05-08-13 08:26 AM

Perhaps there was no rust, but I think there was some rust combined with fitting Diaw in and Splitter not being there along with a a subpar Duncan. At this point, I have to say kudos Mr. Green. He surely came up big when the pressure was there this time. Lets hope he just gets on one of his rolls for the rest of the playoffs.

KAD 05-08-13 09:24 AM

I agree that GS lost their best shot at stealing one here - I don't see this as a Denver or Thunder like copout in Game two. Besides I like Manu's statement that we should treat game 1 as a loss and we'll automatically be prepared to blow them out!

3 Legged Dog 05-09-13 12:15 AM

Nope. Not rust.

Lack of athleticism? Yes
Inability to it wide open shots? Yes
Poor free throw shooting? Yes
Bonner worthless? Yes
Diaw worthless? Yes
G. Neal worthless? Yes
Danny Green worthless and nutless? Yes
Splitter worthless? Yes
Manu running out of gas? Yes
Tony sucking in 1st half(s)? Yes
Game passing Pop by? Yes
R.C. Buford was never a genius? Correct

Rzarector7 05-09-13 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAD (Post 1296344)
I agree that GS lost their best shot at stealing one here - I don't see this as a Denver or Thunder like copout in Game two. Besides I like Manu's statement that we should treat game 1 as a loss and we'll automatically be prepared to blow them out!

They went out and took game two easily tonight! So no KAD they did not have to steal one they just took one and should have taken two. :shocked