SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Splitter Must Counter Warriors' Versatility (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119201-splitter-must-counter-warriors-versatility.html)

Mombear 05-04-13 11:45 PM

Splitter Must Counter Warriors' Versatility

Splitter Must Counter Warriors' Versatility
Written by Jose Grijalva
Saturday, 04 May 2013 13:52

Splitter will have to play to his potential in second round.

The Western Conference Semi-Finals between the San Antonio Spurs and Golden State Warriors starts on Monday night. The match-up will be between two high scoring teams who score in different ways, especially San Antonio with a balanced attack. With the Spurs having a week off and the Warriors having eliminated the Denver Nuggets a few days before they meet, this series will largely depend on who can outdo the other on both ends of the floor.

READ MORE AT MVPTEXAS.COM

KAD 05-05-13 05:42 AM

Agree only if he is playing; if he is not Pop has a different approach to this.

clovisnmspurfan 05-05-13 05:19 PM

WE are the more versatile team!

WILLTHETHRILL 05-05-13 06:00 PM

I think even if Splitter was healthy that this series is more suited for Bonner and Diaw.

Jose_TheGenius 05-05-13 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1296130)
WE are the more versatile team!

with Lee out, they're running a SF at the PF position with Bogut at the C. the Spurs are more crafty and can take advantage of their size, but GS is more versatile on offense because of that. if Barnes is at the 4, you're talking about Splitter possibly having to guard him at the 3-point line then defending the drive. Barnes has a step back mid range jumper now, something Tiago or any Spurs big can guard.

clovisnmspurfan 05-05-13 08:25 PM

Jose you are correct, however I was talking overall versatility.

Spurd_On 05-06-13 12:31 AM

Pop hasn't given any indication that Splitter even plays in this series.

Rzarector7 05-06-13 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1296154)
Pop hasn't given any indication that Splitter even plays in this series.

......... Pointless article until he says he will play. He surely won't play game one correct? If not they must rely on a different counter.

Spurd_On 05-11-13 01:21 AM

Are you still standing by this article Jose? I know that the series is not yet over, at least from my perspective which does not seem to match yours, but so far, in game 3, Splitter looks like he is collecting his paycheck from the Warriors.

Uwe Blab 05-11-13 01:44 PM

Splitter looked horrible yesterday, for the most part. Turnovers, missed defensive rotations got him pulled. He did show a little of what he can do, and I think the Spurs should take advantage of that, but his negatives are outweighing the positives right now.

mckennaspur1 05-11-13 01:50 PM

Tiago can't possibly be as bad again as he was in Game 3, right?

Rzarector7 05-11-13 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 (Post 1296563)

LOL we might be saying this game after game huh? Diaw should get more mins right now.

Spurd_On 05-11-13 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 (Post 1296563)

Maybe it takes Tiago a couple of games to adjust to this team and their playoff intensity.