SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   The difference between Spurs and teams like the Warriors (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119191-difference-between-spurs-teams-like-warriors.html)

thesuspence281 05-03-13 12:18 AM

The difference between Spurs and teams like the Warriors

I dont know how many times I've heard reporters try to goad players or coaches about talking about future games or matchups before the game at hand has been delt with. Tonight in the GS DEN game with about 10 minutes left in the game Mark Jackson told his team during a timeout, who were up by about 16-18 at the time, that they were essentially in the second round. The team then went on to lose their lead from 18 at the largest I believe, down to four with about 5 minutes left. Then they built it back up to 9 and again it was whittled down to 2 in the final minute with the Nuggets missing a layup to tie in the last 20 seconds. That is one thing that all spurs players/coaches always guard against almost to the point of paranoia; making sure that they deal with the game/opponent at hand before looking forward to anything at all. And here was Mark Jackson with almost an entire quarter to play getting his team looking ahead and thinking that they had already accomplished something. This is why I have no fear about playing them in the second round.

FireySpurs

Duncanforthree 05-03-13 01:11 AM

Spurs in six at most.The road to the Finals is being paved for us.In Gold.En state Warriors.

choppsboy 05-03-13 08:16 AM

Mark Jackson is a good coach though. He might just learn a lesson from that.

mckennaspur1 05-03-13 09:09 AM

Golden State is awfully immature. Should have run the Nuggs out of the gym last night, and got caught up in rookie mistakes instead.

They can run and shoot like crazy, but they're not ready to advance yet. Spurs in 6.

What's the word on Tiago? We need out bangers down low to counteract their outside shooters.

KAD 05-03-13 10:46 AM

there are different techniques to deal with this and Mark might be approaching it in the way Maxwell does in Cyber Cybernetics - create an image of where you want to be and then strive toget there.

Either way Spurs quickly!

Rzarector7 05-03-13 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncanforthree (Post 1296020)
Spurs in six at most.The road to the Finals is being paved for us.In Gold.En state Warriors.

Memphis if we meet them is not a pushover by any means, thats if they make it there and we do assuming. I don't look ahead at all, that is just setting yourself up for dissapointment.

KAD 05-04-13 02:19 AM

I think the Spurs win in fewer than 6 games against them as Pop will coem with the APPROPRIATE amount of fear and respect. We lost 1 very close game to them in OT and the second was a throwaway game. A sweep would not surprise me and Jackson is not in Pop's league!

NemesysN4R 05-04-13 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAD (Post 1296071)
I think the Spurs win in fewer than 6 games against them as Pop will coem with the APPROPRIATE amount of fear and respect. We lost 1 very close game to them in OT and the second was a throwaway game. A sweep would not surprise me and Jackson is not in Pop's league!

I also think that our Spurs will win in less than six. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a sweep. Tony happens to love killing GS. Also, we pretty much have our complete team.

buttsR4rebounding 05-05-13 04:23 PM

[quote=mckennaspur1;1296027]Golden State is awfully immature. Should have run the Nuggs out of the gym last night, and got caught up in rookie mistakes instead.

They can run and shoot like crazy, but they're not ready to advance yet. Spurs in 6.

What's the word on Tiago? We need out bangers down low to counteract their outside shooters.[/quote]

Splitter has not even practiced yet. He is doubtful for game 1. Diaw, however, been practicing and looks good. He will almost surely play in game 1. He says his wind is good with all the 5-on-5 he has been playing with the long break.

clovisnmspurfan 05-05-13 07:34 PM

I believe Diaw will match up better in the 2nd round than Splitter. We can allow time for Splitter get healthier.

WILLTHETHRILL 05-05-13 09:05 PM

It's time for Bonner to show what he has. He will need to step up in this series.