News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-01-13, 12:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Went to the Clips last night...

FEAR Memphis. They are GOOD.
Old 05-01-13, 01:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I have to agree. Very well disciplined and balanced. Play smart basketball. Props to their coach. However, I'll sit back and let OKC fear them first The health of Zach Randolph's back is always a concern.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 05-01-13 at 01:47 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-01-13, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Go Thunder Go??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-01-13, 02:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Funny how Memphis got better losing their highest paid player.
Old 05-01-13, 03:59 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

The Grizz are well-named. They don't jump. They can't shoot. They have no finesse. They just muscle, hustle and squeeze the life out of enemies with a suffocating bear hug.

Great combination of coach and players who are over themselves.
Old 05-01-13, 05:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Grizz present the same problem the lakers do, great interior and shoddy shooting. I think if we pack the paint and gamble that prince or Conley won't shoot consistently, we can beat em
Old 05-01-13, 05:20 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
The Grizz present the same problem the lakers do, great interior and shoddy shooting. I think if we pack the paint and gamble that prince or Conley won't shoot consistently, we can beat em
Except that the Grizz have actual, NBA ready guards. And bigs that don't quit.
With the Lakers' injuries, the only thing they have in common with MEM is the Western conference.
Old 05-01-13, 05:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Last time the Spurs met the grizzlies in the playoffs, they (spurs) got swept. Grizz should fear the Spurs...

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-01-13 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-01-13, 05:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
Last time the Spurs met the grizzlies in the playoffs, they got swept. Grizz should fear the Spurs...
I think you might be forgetting 2011...
Old 05-01-13, 09:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbarton View Post
I think you might be forgetting 2011...
Im old

Fear the Spurs.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-02-13 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-02-13, 12:08 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
No im not. The last time the spurs met the grizz in the playoffs, the spurs were swept. Dont think that wont be in the back of their minds. If it isnt, they will most definately be reminded if they meet. I will edit my last post to be more clear.

Fear the Spurs.
Spurs weren't swept man. They won 2 games. Thats why he misunderstood you there.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-02-13, 06:44 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Spurs weren't swept man. They won 2 games. Thats why he misunderstood you there.
Oh yea my bad, thats correct. Getting my embarrasing losses mixed up. The last time we met memphis in the playoffs we became one of the few(2nd?) Teams to lose as the top seed.. Either way, should provide tons of motivation. I guess i see losing to the 8th seed and getting swept equally embarrasing.... I blocked that year out...i remember it being bad tho. Seems so much longer ago than two years ago..i literally dont remember those two wins at all..

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 05-02-13 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-02-13, 08:54 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

They're good but the Spurs are better. Our bench will kill them (if pop sticks to the 9-10 man rotation) I beleive they only really play 7-8. We can wear them down. We have big bodies to throw at them (Baynes/Bonner/Tiago) when needed to help Timmy out. I don't see their bigs as anymore of a threat than the Lakers bigs. The difference is they have a solid PG (conley), Allen is a great defender and Prince still has some life in him. Kawhi can be an x-factor along with Manu and the bench play. I think the second unit of either Manu with Tiago or Diaw will really help our chances. Spurs can playout a "grind out" game with the best of them. If they met up I'd say Spurs win in 6. Just my 2 cents
Old 05-02-13, 10:18 AM
The Master Baiter

The way OKC is playing, the Conference finals might be Mem and the Spurs. The Spurs are better equipped to handle the Grizz this time around. It will come down, again, to who has the player or players that can put the game on their shoulders in the last few minutes of the game. I think a rejuvenated and slimmer TD can do that, and Parker showed against the Lakers that a large front line doesn't shut him down anymore.
Old 05-02-13, 01:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Oh yea my bad, thats correct. Getting my embarrasing losses mixed up. The last time we met memphis in the playoffs we became one of the few(2nd?) Teams to lose as the top seed.. Either way, should provide tons of motivation. I guess i see losing to the 8th seed and getting swept equally embarrasing.... I blocked that year out...i remember it being bad tho. Seems so much longer ago than two years ago..i literally dont remember those two wins at all..
Ahh, I gotcha. If it wasn't for some Gary Neal magic in Game 5 it would have been a backdoor sweep in 2011.
Old 05-02-13, 05:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Lol yea... i was convinced we got swept...and i watched every game...
Old 05-04-13, 10:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

As long as we can stay healthy we have the deeper and better team.
Old 05-04-13, 10:59 PM

Memphis looks tough, but the Clips made them look that way. LAC doesn't have bigs who can create or anyone other than CP3 and Jamal Crawford who can create for themselves or for others. they are really one dimensional in that. you can't wear Z-Bo or Gasol out without dumping the ball down, especially with Randolph having a bad ankle.

OKC won't give them much trouble on that front either with Perkins/Ibaka in the game. i think they're really good, but fear them? until their bigs play both sides of the court with whoever they're guarding, i won't go that far.