News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-27-13, 12:33 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Tiago Splitter Injury Update

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-13, 12:35 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Last edited by b1gdon; 04-27-13 at 12:37 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-13, 12:37 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Old 04-27-13, 12:41 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Yeah you beat me to it, out 7-10 days.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-27-13, 12:50 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Thats not too bad especially if the GS DEN series goes 6 or 7
Old 04-27-13, 08:13 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Got to Baynes out there to there and that big body to pick up some fouls and spell Bonner. Blair will have to defend better too. I think Diaw will suit up... Insurance only. But up 3-0, they might not risk any further damage.
Old 04-27-13, 09:30 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Tracy McGrady, stretch 4 who can handle the rock, get well Tiago!
Old 04-27-13, 09:47 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

7-10 sounds optimistic. I never believe anything that comes out of the Spur FO.

Last edited by mckennaspur1; 04-27-13 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-27-13, 11:09 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I hope Tiago gets well soon. I think we can close out the Lakers without him, they look dejected, tied, and confused. Bonner will need to step up (to be fair he's not doing poorly) and hopefully Aaron Baynes gets 10 minutes to buy time for timmy .
Old 04-27-13, 11:16 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

blair vs howard.
howard is probably. oh dear
Old 04-27-13, 12:07 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

That sucks to have Split gone for 7 to 10 days. But hey it could have been worse... And I am glad vs Lakers not better opponents.

PLEASE get Well Tiago! We DEF Need you next round! Whoever it is we are playing is much much better than those f..... Lakers.

Go Spurs Go
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-27-13, 01:16 PM
The Master Baiter

He's been useless this series anyway. How many easy layups can one player miss?
Old 04-27-13, 01:17 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

As far as I know, if the Nuggets-Warriors series goes 7 games, then our second round series will start 10 days from now. We should be fine.
Old 04-27-13, 10:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
He's been useless this series anyway. How many easy layups can one player miss?
You are kidding, yes? His presence in the paint, passing and steals has been invaluable.
Old 04-27-13, 10:10 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

at this point I dont think it really matters whether someone thinks hes valuable or not, the bottom line is we need everyone in the team healthy and contributing in one way or another
Old 04-27-13, 11:10 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
at this point I dont think it really matters whether someone thinks hes valuable or not, the bottom line is we need everyone in the team healthy and contributing in one way or another
????

What's the difference between valuable and contributing? But I think I understand what you are saying. Move on and don't cry over spilled milk.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 04-27-13 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-28-13, 04:02 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Tiiiaagoooooooo...splitter.
Old 04-28-13, 08:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
You are kidding, yes? His presence in the paint, passing and steals has been invaluable.
+1

Tiago is a presence in the paint defensively. He get's under people's skin.
Old 04-28-13, 10:41 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Tiago will be missed as a big body in there banging against Howard and Gasol but his performance on offense has been very mediocre and he could have used more playing time to get it to PO grade. Maybe sitting on the bench and watching will help him.

get well soon!
Old 04-28-13, 02:05 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
The guy has been in foul trouble and has been barely playing 20 minutes a game. He's in the game when Howard is out. It's been Duncan and Bonner mostly on Howard and Gasol. Maybe he's not completely useless, but he's definitely not the same against the Lakers. I'm sure he'll do better against lesser big men.
Old 04-28-13, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

People on this board tend to look at points as the only factor. He has not been scoring as easily in this series however has frustrated Howard to keep him off his game. That is his contribution this series also Bonner has been doing the same thing. Bonner's 10 points is a bonus.
Get well Splitter, we need you!
Old 04-29-13, 01:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Just read, he is off crutches and walking around. Great Sign !
Old 04-29-13, 01:55 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
Just read, he is off crutches and walking around. Great Sign !
Old 04-30-13, 03:13 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

With as fast paced as the next round could be, it'd be nice to have Tiago, Diaw, Bonner and Blair all ready. Neither GS or Denver have strong post up games and the Spurs should be able to dominate either team.

Splitter is a very good passer and all around player and while he can't shut down a Dwight Howard, he more than holds his own against everyone else. His minutes per game against the lakers in the three playoff games were 23.7 which was only 1 minute different than during the regular season, where he averaged 24.7 minutes. His scoring and rebounds were both down, but nothing significant and his efficiency rating was a + 7.33.

There are some folks on this board who will never give him credit for his game no matter what he does. I'd rather he sit more and be ready for OKC, because that's where he's going to be needed, and while I wish we could, we can't expect Bonner to give the Spurs another performance like he just put in.
Old 04-30-13, 09:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

If anyone ever keeps up with Grantland, they have a great writer Zach Lowe, and he has diagrammed and dissected why Tim and Tiago are the best front court players during the regular season, both offesnively and defesenively.

Personally I would really like to know if Diaw is coming back, a PF who can handle the rock, shoot 3s, and generally craftyness would do well in the 2nd round.
Old 04-30-13, 09:46 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
With as fast paced as the next round could be, it'd be nice to have Tiago, Diaw, Bonner and Blair all ready. Neither GS or Denver have strong post up games and the Spurs should be able to dominate either team.

Splitter is a very good passer and all around player and while he can't shut down a Dwight Howard, he more than holds his own against everyone else. His minutes per game against the lakers in the three playoff games were 23.7 which was only 1 minute different than during the regular season, where he averaged 24.7 minutes. His scoring and rebounds were both down, but nothing significant and his efficiency rating was a + 7.33.

There are some folks on this board who will never give him credit for his game no matter what he does. I'd rather he sit more and be ready for OKC, because that's where he's going to be needed, and while I wish we could, we can't expect Bonner to give the Spurs another performance like he just put in.
You realize the contradiction there. Even when Bonner played decent in that first round loss against the Grizzlies a couple years back, no acknowledged it and still blamed him for everything.

Anyways, the Lakers matchup was bad for Tiago, he should do well in these other series.
Old 04-30-13, 09:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Bonner- 2.4 points shooting 31% from the field vs the Grizz, while getting killed whenever he guarded Randolph constitutes a good playoff series? That seems to be more of a contradiction....
Old 04-30-13, 10:06 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
Bonner- 2.4 points shooting 31% from the field vs the Grizz, while getting killed whenever he guarded Randolph constitutes a good playoff series? That seems to be more of a contradiction....
Try 48% FG and 6pts per game while being one of many guys who got killed by Randolph in that series. McDyess was the only guy who could guard Randolph that series.
Old 04-30-13, 10:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

My bad. Your right. 2.4 points was last year. He killed it with 6.0 ppg. But, I guess its all relative when we are talking about Bonner. And no, don't group him with McDyess during that series. Antonio played Randolph tough, and he hit tough shots. Bonner, ahh nevermind. He just had the series of his life, so I'll let him have his day.
Old 04-30-13, 11:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I would take Bonner over any other teams end of the bench player.
Old 05-01-13, 05:03 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Well am I glad that Pop will decide all this not us..
Old 05-01-13, 06:53 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
You realize the contradiction there. .
No I don't think there's a contradiction at all, even the Express-News noticed it
"* Matt Bonner was solid
Bonner’s playoff disappearances have become something of a spring tradition in San Antonio. He’s off to a great start this year, however, shooting 6 for 8 on 3s and providing dogged defense in spots against Howard and Gasol. That’s encouraging given the value he brings as a big who can stretch the floor.""

Now he did have a very nice series against the Lakers, but then so did everybody else on the team, so the question is are you willing to bet that he'll be able to repeat that performance? He's had (if we give him credit for last year's Memphis series) a grand total of TWO good series in his 7 year Spurs career and you'll never convince me that there's very many Spurs fans who don't cringe when he comes into a high pressure playoff game.