News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-13, 07:58 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

The Spurs are rounding back in to form...finally!!!!!

I know this is a Laker team that has been ravaged by injuries but it was still really nice to see the Spurs rounding into form. Ball movement looked better, TP9 is getting his "pep" back, Manu is picking his shots (wisely, I might add), Kawhi looked more comfortable, Matt freakin Bonner is hitting shots . This is starting to look like the team that dominated the NBA for the first 3 months! FINALLY!
Old 04-25-13, 09:26 AM
The Master Baiter

And yet, no matter how dominant the Spurs were, it will be spun into how the Lakers would have won if Kobe played.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-13, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
And yet, no matter how dominant the Spurs were, it will be spun into how the Lakers would have won if Kobe played.
That could be the case but I could care less. I know that when my Spurs are "firing on all cylinders," they're unbeatable.
Looks like they're about to explode!!! They are not quite there yet but you can see it's coming. Heck, I know it, you know it, Timmy/Manu/TP9, Coah Pop knows it and hopefully no one can stop it. Half of winning the Championship is having the right team get hot at the right time. You don't always have to be the best team on paper. You just have to be playing the best when it counts. It's still very early, but IMO it looks like the Spurs are finding thier "swagger"
Old 04-25-13, 11:28 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Spurs aren't on all cylinders yet. Manu's minutes must be closely monitored, and TP still looks a step slow. Danny Green has yet to show up, and Diaw is out. The Lakers are a mess in this round, but the road will get tougher for SA.

Hopefully a quick close-out in LA will give the wounded Spurs time to recover before Round 2.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-25-13, 11:56 AM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Spurs aren't on all cylinders yet. Manu's minutes must be closely monitored, and TP still looks a step slow. Danny Green has yet to show up, and Diaw is out. The Lakers are a mess in this round, but the road will get tougher for SA.

Hopefully a quick close-out in LA will give the wounded Spurs time to recover before Round 2.

I was just gonna say that about Green, he has been playing terrible. We need him to spread the floor and hit his open 3's.

All things being equal, I think we got the easier road to the WCF's, it seems to me that OKC is going to have a tough time getting past the clippers. And with the nuggets inexperience (or the warriors for that matter) I think the road is looking nice to get back there. At least I can hope right?
Old 04-25-13, 02:02 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Even though the spurs have won the last two games, I haven't been feeling like they are playing with the same playoff intensity that I am seeing from many of the other teams. It has seemed to me like it is just another regular season game that they are able to go out, go through the motions and win a game just through the superiority of their talent compared to the what the lakers have left. I feel that if the spurs were firing on all cylinders they would be winning by a larger margin like they were early in the year. Anyone feeling this too or is it just me?
Old 04-25-13, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
Even though the spurs have won the last two games, I haven't been feeling like they are playing with the same playoff intensity that I am seeing from many of the other teams. It has seemed to me like it is just another regular season game that they are able to go out, go through the motions and win a game just through the superiority of their talent compared to the what the lakers have left. I feel that if the spurs were firing on all cylinders they would be winning by a larger margin like they were early in the year. Anyone feeling this too or is it just me?
I see where you're coming from. You have to remember that it's the playoffs, everyone should be stepping their game/intensity up to some degree. There has been 16 games played so far and I beleive only 3 real big blowouts (1st Nets game, 1st Mia game, 1st OKC game) the rest of the games have been somewhat close or were close for at least 3 quarters or so. You're not gonna get those huge blowouts on a nightly basis. Espically in the playoffs. Even with a depleted LAL team, they're fighting for their lives so you're gonna get a scrappy team every game.

What I'm seeing is better ball movement, role players stepping up to hit shots and more intensity. Game one, the Spurs played like crap, but their defense saved them. Holding any team to 79 points, reagrardless of your competetion is good. That's only 20 pts per quarter.

The second game, I thought the Lakers actually played very well. Blake/Nash/Howard/Gasol all had their moments, they hit alot of 3's(8) but anytime they really tried to make a push the Spurs understood what they needed to do and they basically had a firm grasp from start to finish. Someone from the Spurs (TP, Cojo, Kawhi. Manu, Bonner) would make a big play and crush all of the Lakers momentum. This is what championship teams do! My point and opinion is that I'm seeing more of what the Spurs did during the first 3 months of the regular season. Of course they're not "firing on all cylinders" just yet. But I beleive they're well on their way!

Last edited by esparzar1; 04-25-13 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-25-13, 02:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Chalk up #5 ladies and gents haha. As long the big 3 are healthy and getting production from Kawhi and someone else on a nightly basis, I love our chances
Green has been terrible and splitters is playing alright. I'd like to see Blair with PT less as well but is needed to limit Timmy's mins. Hopefully Neal can continue to contribute like he was at the end of the season

- Confucius
Old 04-25-13, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Chalk up #5 ladies and gents haha. As long the big 3 are healthy and getting production from Kawhi and someone else on a nightly basis, I love our chances
Green has been terrible and splitters is playing alright. I'd like to see Blair with PT less as well but is needed to limit Timmy's mins. Hopefully Neal can continue to contribute like he was at the end of the season

Mos'def....Neal at least grows a pair for the playoffs, in the limited time that he's played, I've liked what I've seen from him over DG. This is the 2nd post season DG has dissappointed, I'm hoping he can turn it around but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04-25-13, 05:07 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
I see where you're coming from. You have to remember that it's the playoffs, everyone should be stepping their game/intensity up to some degree. There has been 16 games played so far and I beleive only 3 real big blowouts (1st Nets game, 1st Mia game, 1st OKC game) the rest of the games have been somewhat close or were close for at least 3 quarters or so. You're not gonna get those huge blowouts on a nightly basis. Espically in the playoffs. Even with a depleted LAL team, they're fighting for their lives so you're gonna get a scrappy team every game.

What I'm seeing is better ball movement, role players stepping up to hit shots and more intensity. Game one, the Spurs played like crap, but their defense saved them. Holding any team to 79 points, reagrardless of your competetion is good. That's only 20 pts per quarter.

The second game, I thought the Lakers actually played very well. Blake/Nash/Howard/Gasol all had their moments, they hit alot of 3's(8) but anytime they really tried to make a push the Spurs understood what they needed to do and they basically had a firm grasp from start to finish. Someone from the Spurs (TP, Cojo, Kawhi. Manu, Bonner) would make a big play and crush all of the Lakers momentum. This is what championship teams do! My point and opinion is that I'm seeing more of what the Spurs did during the first 3 months of the regular season. Of course they're not "firing on all cylinders" just yet. But I beleive they're well on their way!
I agree with what you are saying. They are undoubtedly playing better than they did for the last month of the regular season but to me, like you have said, they still havent gotten back to playing as well as they did early in the season.
Old 04-26-13, 08:01 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I think a lot of yall tend to jump to conclusions about a players mental fortitude way to early! Bonner didn't show up in the playoffs for a few seasons... ok, so what? Hes not an experienced playoff veteran, not even a starter. is it that big of a surprise that the big lights were shining in his eyes the first few years? maybe this should be more the expectation, that players WONT light up the playoffs in their first couple tries... If some players do, that's great! but there aren't many players who light it up as role players in their first and second trips to the playoffs. This goes for Danny Green too. He hasn't done much this year or last year but he plays solid defense and puts in the effort. is it really that off to expect these guys to shrink a little... at first? Isnt that always one of the things people say makes a great player great, the fact that they don't shrink in the spotlight... so is it fair to put the same expectations on players that nobody has ever called "great"? I don't think it is... it would appear that Bonner is starting to get more comfortable with the added pressure and intensity of the playoffs, give Green a little more time, he will come around.
Perhaps someone could answer this for me though... why is Blair playing ahead of Baynes? I know blair is better on offense and knows the system but he cant guard any of the lakers, and this series he has yet to produce anything on offense, at least baynes can stop howard and pau from getting deep post position and if he fouls can prevent howard from muscling through his bear hugging arms to still make a layup.
Old 04-26-13, 08:44 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

i agree, @SA baynes should have played against LA 3-5 minutes just to accelerate acclimating, but in fact he is still too raw... same goes to T-mac, just throw him less than 5 minutes, or to shot the ball certain plays coming from timeout and check how he does... like finley very last times...

what i dont know is bayness psyche, some rooks shrink with pressure and self confidence gets damaged... and others try and try everytime they fail until suscced... wondering wich type baynes is...

im still not that confident... spurs are looking good against SLOW LA team... boner is playing well because LA bigs are not quick enough to contest in the perimeter and recover to contest in the paint... at least pau has the mobility of lord of the rings "ENT"...lol but against faster teams (read the entire west playoofs teams) im not shure... how many open looks gonna conced OKC?

just hope tony and manu uses this series to get healthier

Last edited by JuanCaca; 04-26-13 at 09:12 AM.