News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-13, 04:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Bonner's Best Playoff Game Ever

I loved watching Matt Bonner today. He didn't take the three. His stayed closer in to the basket. He actually made an impact. Very unusual for Bonner in a playoff game.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-21-13, 05:17 PM
SpursReport Rookie

i was just gonna say the exact same thing. I cannot remember for the life of me, the last time Bonner had an impactful playoff game. He didn't hesitate on open 3s, and when he had the pump fake and drive, he did it. I think he's finally comfortable with the half floater/running hook shot that's he's been working on for the last... 5 years?

RED MAMBA don't let me down! Continue with ur effectiveness. Defense was fairly credible too.

If you have a problem, Just NEAL. WITH. IT!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-21-13, 07:21 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

It was a decent game for him... With that being said... Yea it probably was his best game.
Old 04-21-13, 07:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

It's round 1, game 1, Bonnie does not totally suck, and that deserves a props to Bonner thread? Yeah he looked GREAT in a game the Spurs controlled from about 3 minutes from the opening tip. Give him time to choke, because he will. When the game is tight, and the Spurs are down by 6 or 8 and need a big-time three - he will pass up a wide open look.

What would you rather have? A player like SJax, that yes, sucked all year, but is known for raising his level in the playoffs, or Bonnie, that has super awesomesauce regular seasons, only to shrivel like shrinky-dinks in a pizza oven come playoff time?
Old 04-21-13, 08:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Bonner is my new hero!
Old 04-21-13, 10:38 PM
Herman Cain of the board

he did have a good game. But it's one playoff game.
Old 04-21-13, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Yes. Whatever it is, Bonner's fake on Gasol and his drive to the basket completely surprising Howard still stands out in my mind. Talk all you want about what game it is and who the Spurs are playing against, it was a surprisingly great move against 2 All Star bigs with a successful finish. I take the playoffs 1 game at a time and could care less what game in a series it is or who the opponent.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 04-21-13 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-22-13, 04:04 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Get a stretcher: Playing longer than in any game this season in which any of the Spurs’ Big Three suited up, Matt Bonner logged 29 productive minutes that helped change the dynamics of Game 1.

Bonner scored 10 points, grabbed five rebounds and played credible defense against Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol. More importantly, the threat of his 3-point shot kept the Lakers’ big men farther from the basket than they prefer.

“It mixes things up on offense; makes them react differently; gives them different looks, spacing-wise,” Bonner said. “When you’re subbing in and out and having to make those adjustments, it can give your offense an edge sometimes.”

Spurs Nation
Old 04-22-13, 05:44 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Dont worry... There will be a bonner sucks thread before too long..
Because he does.
Old 04-22-13, 05:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Man people like to ***** about Bonner, to an extreme I am surprised by...

I would rather have Bonner and his rebounding and defence and actual makes when it comes to the three.... rather than an older player in hibernation who may or may not wake up and do something but will definately give attitude about being the better player when he clearly isn't (that final one depends who he is talking about, but it seems he was talking about Kawhi or Danny and it would seem he is deluded at this stage of his career).

I was excited when S Jax came back and he gave more than we would have got from Jefferson but I am quick to forget when he turns on those that gave him yet another chance.

Bonner deserves the opportunity to get it right this year.
Old 04-22-13, 09:32 AM
The Master Baiter

The points were bonus. He played good defense and kept the bigs honest, rather than them camping in the paint all day. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bonner has played like this more often than he gets credit for, even in the playoffs.

And Kager is spot on.
Old 04-22-13, 11:16 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Booner has a game on moving in closer to the basket and today he really showed it
Old 04-22-13, 01:03 PM
Herman Cain of the board

one game people........... how about Bonner putting together a good playoffs overall for once.
Old 04-22-13, 01:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Give Bonner credit where credit is due.
Old 04-22-13, 06:23 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Did anyone else happen to catch Bonner's Vlade Divac impression as he walked to Timmy with his head down and hands behind his back as if looking for approval? That was great. I wonder if anyone can get a clip of it posted.
Old 04-22-13, 08:31 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I guess I don't see all this great defense... I saw him front howard a couple times.. I also saw him get owned a lot because of the mismatch. He had a good game.. nothing I would get too worked up about...Fact is last few years bonner came in and pretty much missed everything he put up in the playoffs and did nothing else.... Im surprised anyone is wondering why there is so much negativity towards Bonner. Its clear. He has been on and off in the season and horrible in the playoffs. (Uwe, no offense intended, but I have never seen good defense from Bonner in playoffs) Whats crazier? That I still think he sucks, or that after one good game you guys are gushing over him? With all that being said, im strictly talking about Bonner as a player. He seems like a great guy off the court.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 04-22-13 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-22-13, 09:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Timmy my thing has never been that he needs to be lauded as a big 4 part of this team I have more just thought that for $3.6 mill we are getting our moneys worth.

It was just one game when it comes to the playoffs but lets see what he is able to do next, rather than this eternal rubbishing and over expectation of a low paid player.

His defence has picked up this year and so has his rebounding so he not just a gun for hire, he knows the defensive system and his part in it. Dwight Howard is going to over power most players so that is a bad example of him not defending, I think he did well making Howard work and go to the free throw line by fouling when he could (and he made those fouls count by not letting him get a shot off).

The Red Mamba is doing whats asked of him even to a lesser degree his playoff 3 point % which isn't as bad as suggested being a drop from 41% to 33%. Then his scoring per 18 minutes reg season has been 6.5 (rebounds 3) and then his average per 13 minutes in the playoffs has been 3.4 (rebounds 2), so in 5 less per game he is one 3 pointer and one rebound down.

People look for a scape goat and he has been it but I think there are more telling factors to losses than a bench player and even then the so called dissapearance isn't as dramatic as we are being led to believe.
Old 04-23-13, 09:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
Timmy my thing has never been that he needs to be lauded as a big 4 part of this team I have more just thought that for $3.6 mill we are getting our moneys worth.

It was just one game when it comes to the playoffs but lets see what he is able to do next, rather than this eternal rubbishing and over expectation of a low paid player.

His defence has picked up this year and so has his rebounding so he not just a gun for hire, he knows the defensive system and his part in it. Dwight Howard is going to over power most players so that is a bad example of him not defending, I think he did well making Howard work and go to the free throw line by fouling when he could (and he made those fouls count by not letting him get a shot off).

The Red Mamba is doing whats asked of him even to a lesser degree his playoff 3 point % which isn't as bad as suggested being a drop from 41% to 33%. Then his scoring per 18 minutes reg season has been 6.5 (rebounds 3) and then his average per 13 minutes in the playoffs has been 3.4 (rebounds 2), so in 5 less per game he is one 3 pointer and one rebound down.

People look for a scape goat and he has been it but I think there are more telling factors to losses than a bench player and even then the so called disappearance isn't as dramatic as we are being led to believe.
I agree that there is a degree of scape goatism, but it is not entirely unfounded. Matt Bonner has always had one job with the Spurs and that is to shoot and make threes at a high percentage. When you consistently under perform at your one job at the most critical time, your value should be questioned. He has never even come close to shooting better than his career avg in any of the 4 playoffs in which he has played substantial minutes. We all know that he is capable, his consistently good regular season shooting has shown it. Now he has to get over whatever mental barriers he has and do it when it counts most.
Old 04-23-13, 03:38 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
We all know that he is capable, his consistently good regular season shooting has shown it. Now he has to get over whatever mental barriers he has and do it when it counts most.
You may want to consider that defenses change during the playoffs.
When a team comes to town in the regular season, they worry about who's playing and how to defend any of the Big Three. And they spend a day or two developing the scheme. Then they move on to how to defend Dirk, or Durant, or whoever is next on the schedule.

During a series, they spend more time on the initial scheme, and then get to spend days analyzing what worked and what didn't. While Bonner may be nothing more than an afterthought in February, he can be a major focus by game three of a series.

So maybe it's not (totally) a mental thing. Maybe it's a few hours of practice defending a stretch four. Maybe it's all the positions being defended a little better, leading to everything getting tougher.
Old 04-23-13, 05:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
You may want to consider that defenses change during the playoffs.
When a team comes to town in the regular season, they worry about who's playing and how to defend any of the Big Three. And they spend a day or two developing the scheme. Then they move on to how to defend Dirk, or Durant, or whoever is next on the schedule.

During a series, they spend more time on the initial scheme, and then get to spend days analyzing what worked and what didn't. While Bonner may be nothing more than an afterthought in February, he can be a major focus by game three of a series.

So maybe it's not (totally) a mental thing. Maybe it's a few hours of practice defending a stretch four. Maybe it's all the positions being defended a little better, leading to everything getting tougher.
I considered that, but then I went back and looked at the shooting stats for some of our other former snipers (Horry, Finley, Barry, Kerr, Elliott) and they all have had playoffs where the shot at or better than their career averages. If it was a issue of just tighter playoff defenses, then you would see the Bonner phenomenon occur with these guys. The thing about three point shooters is that they can be kind of streaky. They will have games where they go 1-5 or 0-4, or 1-6, but that will be balanced out by the games when the go 4-5 or 6-6 and it is during those games that they usually carry the team to a win. I can remember playoff games where each of the shooters listed above won at least one game for the Spurs either with hot shooting or nailing a game winner. That just has never happened for Bonner.

Last edited by b1gdon; 04-23-13 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-23-13, 06:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I agree that Bonner is not at the level of any of those players and I am sure he would as well, there just needs to be light thrown on the subject that Bonner is not a starter and is not a highly paid piece of the organisation.

So his worth to the team should be graded based on these facts and who you could get to replace him for the same money and what they would bring instead.

And if someone is going to find someone to throw in the ring look at established available players for the same money not a rookie contract player.
Old 04-23-13, 06:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I considered that, but then I went back and looked at the shooting stats for some of our other former snipers (Horry, Finley, Barry, Kerr, Elliott) and they all have had playoffs where the shot at or better than their career averages. If it was a issue of just tighter playoff defenses, then you would see the Bonner phenomenon occur with these guys. The thing about three point shooters is that they can be kind of streaky. They will have games where they go 1-5 or 0-4, or 1-6, but that will be balanced out by the games when the go 4-5 or 6-6 and it is during those games that they usually carry the team to a win. I can remember playoff games where each of the shooters listed above won at least one game for the Spurs either with hot shooting or nailing a game winner. That just has never happened for Bonner.
True, but the players you mentioned were all in the top 7 of the rotation. Bonner hasn't been, and shouldn't be, in that role. I would bet that those players averaged 12-18 minutes during the series. There will be nothing but pitchforks if Bonner averages 10 minutes and shoots 1-5, 0-4.

He had a good game, played decent defense, and was rewarded with minutes. If he shoots 1-6 in 13 minutes Wednesday, it's not likely he'll get another opportunity to play those type of minutes. Unless the defense remains decent.

Then again, that dribble drive with the lefty floater may have been in the works for years!
Old 04-23-13, 07:53 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
I considered that, but then I went back and looked at the shooting stats for some of our other former snipers (Horry, Finley, Barry, Kerr, Elliott) and they all have had playoffs where the shot at or better than their career averages. If it was a issue of just tighter playoff defenses, then you would see the Bonner phenomenon occur with these guys..
I came in here to say just this! Yes defenses change and get tighter but these guys seemed to be able to handle it for some reason? It's call that IT factor I call it, some have it and some do not in the playoffs. You would think with D's being different all numbers would fall off, but some raise the level of their game when the real season begins and those are the ones I want on our team. Green is just like Bonner IMO, if his shot is off he is completely useless out there..

Good game one by Bonner no doubt! If he can keep that up cool! I will not count on it though.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-24-13, 12:20 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
I came in here to say just this! Yes defenses change and get tighter but these guys seemed to be able to handle it for some reason? It's call that IT factor I call it, some have it and some do not in the playoffs. You would think with D's being different all numbers would fall off, but some raise the level of their game when the real season begins and those are the ones I want on our team. Green is just like Bonner IMO, if his shot is off he is completely useless out there..

Good game one by Bonner no doubt! If he can keep that up cool! I will not count on it though.
Green's best stretch of the year around the all-star break coincided with the best the Spurs looked this year. He slumped right around the time Parker went out and the Spurs haven't looked right since. Going back to last year's playoffs, Green looked good during the 20 game streak then slumped big time in the 4 losses to OKC.

My theory is that Parker's dribble penetration creates havoc for opposing defenses. Green gets wide open shots, that he makes, as the defense tries to rotate, but when Parker is out or is contained by a good one on one defender, like Sefalosha, Green becomes infective.
Old 04-24-13, 12:44 AM
The Master Baiter

I don't think people realize the cause and effect of basketball. All the guys like Horry, Finley, Kerr, etc., had a championship team in its prime. They had guys that would draw in defenses from the 3pt line, giving them an open shot. The game winning shot in Game 5 of the Finals against Detroit, Rasheed left Horry to double Manu. Kerr was always open because teams had to contend with Manu and Tim, and Jordan and Pippen before that. At this point, teams are living with Tim having a good game while being guarded man to man, as long as they keep Tony out of the paint. As bigdon just pointed out, Green started going downhill when Tony went down. Now the Lakers are basically intimidating Tony into trying a bunch of jumpers and making it difficult to run the Spurs offense.

My point to all this was, defenses get stingy at the 3pt line in the playoffs, and if there is nothing to draw defenders away from the 3pt line, there aren't a lot of open opportunities. I guess Bonner could force shots up more, but then everyone would get pissed about that too. Don't worry though, once Diaw comes back Bonner will go back to the bench anyway.
Old 04-24-13, 01:35 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Green's best stretch of the year around the all-star break coincided with the best the Spurs looked this year. He slumped right around the time Parker went out and the Spurs haven't looked right since. Going back to last year's playoffs, Green looked good during the 20 game streak then slumped big time in the 4 losses to OKC.

My theory is that Parker's dribble penetration creates havoc for opposing defenses. Green gets wide open shots, that he makes, as the defense tries to rotate, but when Parker is out or is contained by a good one on one defender, like Sefalosha, Green becomes infective.
I would say you are correct!!!!!!!!g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I don't think people realize the cause and effect of basketball. All the guys like Horry, Finley, Kerr, etc., had a championship team in its prime. They had guys that would draw in defenses from the 3pt line, giving them an open shot. The game winning shot in Game 5 of the Finals against Detroit, Rasheed left Horry to double Manu. Kerr was always open because teams had to contend with Manu and Tim, and Jordan and Pippen before that. At this point, teams are living with Tim having a good game while being guarded man to man, as long as they keep Tony out of the paint. As bigdon just pointed out, Green started going downhill when Tony went down. Now the Lakers are basically intimidating Tony into trying a bunch of jumpers and making it difficult to run the Spurs offense.

My point to all this was, defenses get stingy at the 3pt line in the playoffs, and if there is nothing to draw defenders away from the 3pt line, there aren't a lot of open opportunities. I guess Bonner could force shots up more, but then everyone would get pissed about that too. Don't worry though, once Diaw comes back Bonner will go back to the bench anyway.
I see what you are saying there, but I have seen Bonner hesitant and then put the ball on the ground after he had a shot and then go inside and nothing came out of that after he put the ball down on the ball down! I have seen him pass up shots and look scared in the playoffs, those guys just let it fly without hesitant! He is not confident enough IMO and thats where it hurts him! Those guys were.

Confidence can go a long way, he overthinks ALOT IMO and does not just let it fly miss or hit.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 04-24-13 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-24-13, 06:15 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

I apologize if i read this wrong. But i have seen bonner miss quite a few WIDE OPEN three balls... he just doesnt shoot well under pressure.... i hope it changes...
Old 04-24-13, 09:34 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I apologize if i read this wrong. But i have seen bonner miss quite a few WIDE OPEN three balls... he just doesnt shoot well under pressure.... i hope it changes...
Exactly.
Old 04-24-13, 04:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:

People look for a scape goat and he has been it but I think there are more telling factors to losses than a bench player and even then the so called dissapearance isn't as dramatic as we are being led to believe.
I agree Bonner shouldn't a scapegoat. I never blame him for losses. I do however point out when he doesn't do the only thing that he is good at, and that is often. I agree with everyone that game 1 he was a contributor and I loved his hustle.

Regarding his defense on Howard, I also agree that Howard does that to most people. However, that's Bonner's defense on pretty much anyone. I understand he tries, but the fact is he isn't a good defender nor is he particularly strong. I hope Bonner tears it up on both ends and proves me wrong. I definitely wont be hopping on the bandwagon after one game though. Go Spurs.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 04-24-13 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-24-13, 04:44 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Hopefully after tonight it will be known as Bonner's Second Best Playoff Game Ever
Old 04-24-13, 05:04 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
I agree Bonner shouldn't a scapegoat. I never blame him for losses. I do however point out when he doesn't do the only thing that he is good at, and that is often. I agree with everyone that game 1 he was a contributor and I loved his hustle.

Regarding his defense on Howard, I also agree that Howard does that to most people. However, that's Bonner's defense on pretty much anyone. I understand he tries, but the fact is he isn't a good defender nor is he particularly strong. I hope Bonner tears it up on both ends and proves me wrong. I definitely wont be hopping on the bandwagon after one game though. Go Spurs.
I've been meaning to point this out, but that was Brent Barry on that last shot, not Bonner. And it's not like everyone else in the league is a shot blocker and Bonner is the only one who isn't. He is consistently in front of his man with his arms up making the shot as difficult as possible. He doesn't do the matador defense with the last second arm reach that usually results in a foul.
Old 04-24-13, 05:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I've been meaning to point this out, but that was Brent Barry on that last shot, not Bonner. And it's not like everyone else in the league is a shot blocker and Bonner is the only one who isn't. He is consistently in front of his man with his arms up making the shot as difficult as possible. He doesn't do the matador defense with the last second arm reach that usually results in a foul.

Yea I noticed that I got my slow white guys mixed up which is why I removed it. It was just such a bonner type defensive attempt. I'm not asking bonner to block shots... I'm asking him to hit wide open three balls... Which he hasn't been doing in the playoffs. He is consistently in front of his man until his man dribbles the ball. I can agree with that.
Old 04-24-13, 10:48 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Bonner brought it. Too bad I can't say the same for green. I'm curious to see how bonner does in La.
Old 04-24-13, 10:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
Hopefully after tonight it will be known as Bonner's Second Best Playoff Game Ever
Confirmed, Bonner plus/minus is +24
Old 04-24-13, 11:11 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Bonner is playing ball right now. Keep it up. Blair needs to sit out and Green is not playing well at all, Bonner though is off the crap list as of right now. I give him props.
Old 04-24-13, 11:36 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Dont worry... There will be a bonner sucks thread before too long..
Because he does.

Old 04-25-13, 12:06 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Bonner won't be back next season no matter what.
Old 04-25-13, 12:46 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Bonner won't be back next season no matter what.
He's got another year left on his contract.
Old 04-25-13, 03:06 AM
SpursReport Team Member

It seems that he didn't realized that play-offs started
Old 04-25-13, 05:31 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post

This is what I will be replying to you when bonner goes back to being bonner... Likely in LA. Even Jaren Jackson played way above his potential for a stretch... Hope bonner continues for spurs sake, but my money isn't on him.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 04-25-13 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-25-13, 11:40 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
He's got another year left on his contract.
True but the Spurs hold a 1 million $ buyout. With Manu and SJax off the books.......I'm sure they want to create more cap room rather than paying Bonner 3.9 million.
Old 04-25-13, 03:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sorry Bonner haters, at 3.9 million Bonner is a bargain.
Old 04-25-13, 08:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

If he keeps playing well Yea I agree he is a bargain. In my opinion, thats a big If.
Old 04-25-13, 08:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
Agreed..... Question for Will and Co, what do you use the $3.9 mill for? Name a free agent to replace him with a proviso they come from the NBA because then we know what we are getting in return.

And with the available $10 mill that you probably want to tack that money onto what has our track record been like for attracting free agents from the top end of the market? Quick hint its pretty bad so don't count on a big free agent as your solution.

BTW Will you make huge statements from behind a screen, what are you basing your assurance that Bonner won't be here next year on? I see no signs that Bonner's status at the middle of the bench has changed, Blair seems to be the one more out of favour and first out.
Old 04-26-13, 11:45 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Agreed..... Question for Will and Co, what do you use the $3.9 mill for? Name a free agent to replace him with a proviso they come from the NBA because then we know what we are getting in return.

And with the available $10 mill that you probably want to tack that money onto what has our track record been like for attracting free agents from the top end of the market? Quick hint its pretty bad so don't count on a big free agent as your solution.

BTW Will you make huge statements from behind a screen, what are you basing your assurance that Bonner won't be here next year on? I see no signs that Bonner's status at the middle of the bench has changed, Blair seems to be the one more out of favour and first out.
Blair is out for sure. Did I ever debate that? Somehow you guys forget Bonner has a 1 million dollar buyout. 3.9 million might not seem much but with SJax and Manu's deals off the books........it's a lot bigger than just one contract at 3.9 million. What did Bonner play during the season 12 minutes a game? That does not measure up to being worth 3.9 million for next year. To name a player right now is very silly. The playoffs are still going on and the draft is two months away. I hope he plays well but in the end I view him as trade bait with that team buyout option being available.
Old 04-26-13, 11:46 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
At 12 minutes per game in the regular year with a questionable overall history in the playoffs? Far from a bargain.
Old 04-26-13, 01:57 PM
The Master Baiter

It's not a given that Bonner's gone. They are going to need bodies, and bodies with experience in the system. Freeing up space is fine, but they are not going to land the big time free agent that takes all that space. They will probably sign some minor veterans. And up until last year, Bonner played significant minutes in the regular season and the playoffs. Now why would professional coaches and staff with much more knowledge of the game do that? Oh yeah, because he's not as bad as idiotic fans think he is.
Old 04-26-13, 02:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Show me where we can get another 6'10" experienced in Spurs way player,, high % 3 point shooter,
who can cause havoc on Defense, great team player, who is happy with his role, for 3.9 million and I will gladly jump on the dump Bonner band wagon. The fact is he has always earned his keep nothing more nothing less. Let's press on to more important things like putting all our effort in helping our beloved Spurs win # 5.
Old 04-26-13, 09:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Someone, please find me a single playoff game where bonnie has hit a big three when the Spurs where down by 8, 10 whatever and really needed to fight back into a game.

He's playing well when the Spurs are up and there's no pressure. Sorry. Show me something when it counts.
Old 04-27-13, 08:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Well who cares if he'll be back next year or not, none of us are in loop to know anything what the Spurs might do. So lets just be happy the guy for once... He's done a hell of a job, considering it's Bonner. We bash him and are always throwing him to the wolves... Now he's pretty good. Yes he could revert back to Bonner 1.0,but for now he's serving his purpose. If the majority think he's should have tire marks on his back, then Green should should have train tracks on his!