SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Manu's playing like he's back! (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/119021-manus-playing-like-hes-back.html)

thesuspence281 04-21-13 04:18 PM

Manu's playing like he's back!

Keep it up. Nuff said. :banana

FireySpurs

WhiteChocolateJr 04-21-13 04:23 PM

Even better...

Manu's playing like THESE GAMES MATTER.

Keep it up!

Kager 04-21-13 05:07 PM

Exactly..... Forget the performance of the 2nd line debated in here at length, Manu was back and TP was healthy (enough) to backup TD like the three we need as the dominent key to us doing anything.

tabspur 04-21-13 05:15 PM

Once again, Manu is the key for our play off run. Green and Splitter struggled again. We need them to step it up a little. And yes, Bonner played as well as he ever has in the playoffs. Which equates to 7 points, poor shooting, poor free throw shooting, bad defense, and bad fouls. But, better than we have seen before. Going forward, we will need Diaw to be that first big off the bench. I thought Joseph gave us some positive minutes too

Kpowr4ever 04-21-13 05:20 PM

Corey Joseph went into Speedy Claxton mode - sticking his nose in on defense and hustling everywhere.
Manu's minutes were kept under 20min like Pop planned and he was EXTREMELY effective.
Tony is definitely not fully healed - u can tell when he misses layups - he doesn't have all of his lift or his speed to get by Blake.

thesuspence281 04-21-13 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpowr4ever (Post 1295198)
Corey Joseph went into Speedy Claxton mode - sticking his nose in on defense and hustling everywhere.
Manu's minutes were kept under 20min like Pop planned and he was EXTREMELY effective.
Tony is definitely not fully healed - u can tell when he misses layups - he doesn't have all of his lift or his speed to get by Blake.

Yeah blake punked him a few times again.. a couple steals and at least one block.
But at least we left with the W

parkers_babe#9 04-21-13 06:16 PM

Keep it up Manu
these games matter now (;

esparzar1 04-21-13 06:59 PM

Not trying to be a Debbie downer but it was only one game. I'm thrilled that Manu had a great game, hopefully he will keep it up the whole playoffs! :thumb

thesuspence281 04-21-13 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esparzar1 (Post 1295206)
Not trying to be a Debbie downer but it was only one game. I'm thrilled that Manu had a great game, hopefully he will keep it up the whole playoffs! :thumb

Hence why the thread is titled "...playing like he's back" and not "Manu's back" :)

clovisnmspurfan 04-21-13 08:04 PM

Spurs 1-0, lets keep going.

choppsboy 04-21-13 08:31 PM

T-Mac looked great in his suit.

Mombear 04-21-13 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppsboy (Post 1295216)
T-Mac looked great in his suit.

Yes he did! :thumb

NemesysN4R 04-22-13 02:39 PM

You could see on TMacs face he wanted to be out there. I think Pop is keeping him benched til he is somewhat acclimated to the system. If Manu keeps up his play we may not need him.

Uwe Blab 04-22-13 03:38 PM

If Manu stays to form, he'll have a subpar game on Wed. Hopefully KY will step up a little more. Realistically, we can't expect Manu to play this way every game in the playoffs.

esparzar1 04-22-13 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1295377)
If Manu stays to form, he'll have a subpar game on Wed. Hopefully KY will step up a little more. Realistically, we can't expect Manu to play this way every game in the playoffs.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, anything we get out of Manu is a plus! He looked a lot better but it's only one game, I really hope he keeps it up but I'm not holding my breath.

Kawhi, had an okay game (8pts, 11 rebs) and I'm sure he will only get better as the series goes on. He's bascially had mettaworldpeace on him for both offense/deffense which is no small task. Artest is a huge SF and a very good defender still. It's a great test for Kawhi. Artest is probably the closest to LBJ (body type wise) that Kahwi will see in the playoffs. Anyways, it's a good sign from Manu and hopefully he will keep it up :thumb

tabspur 04-22-13 04:08 PM

We certainly can't expect Bonner to play the best bad playoff game he has ever fumbled thru again. Leonard and Parker will hopefully pick up the slack. Wouldn't hurt to pass out alarm clocks to Splitter and Green to wake up sometime before Wednesday. I don't know if we get 18 from Manu. But he will always bring the intangibles.

thesuspence281 04-22-13 04:42 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if theres a revived attention to manu by LA but i could see Manu countering that by being more of the facilitator than scorer, hopefulling getting splitter some easy baskets or green some easier/open looks for 3.

KAD 04-22-13 06:43 PM

Yeah Go Manu - just take it easy!