News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-18-13, 06:50 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

SJax Speaks

Former Spur Stephen Jackson confirmed the details of his unceremonious whacking to Sister2Sister.com on Wednesday, citing a rift with coach Gregg Popovich.
Said Jackson:
“We had a disagreement. He wanted me to agree to players being better than me, and I didn’t agree. I’ve been in the NBA a long time, so it’s just something I didn’t agree with and something I have no control over.
“He’s the coach. He controls who plays, and he controls the team, which I do respect. At the same time, I know what I can do and what I been doing my whole career, and I’m far from ready to hang it up.
“So, I can’t let one person tell me where I’m at 35-years-old. To me, it just didn’t make no sense.”

Rest of the Article is here
Old 04-18-13, 07:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Maybe he can play with TMac next year in China?

I sure hope so.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-18-13, 07:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I hope T Mac plays with us next year and gets better numbers and makes the list of players better than him at the Spurs.

He may not get another gig next season, especially if he is worried about who gets more time than him.... especially with a mindset that believes that the best place to talk about his sport issues is in Sister2sister, thats Trill speaking not Captain Jack.
Old 04-18-13, 07:51 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
I hope T Mac plays with us next year and gets better numbers and makes the list of players better than him at the Spurs.
+1

Although I havent seen him play yet, I already feel more comfortable with him handling the ball now and likely in the future than I do with Neal.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-18-13, 09:58 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Maybe SJax was in denial that he wasn't playing well and took it to mean that he was washed up while Pop was just going by what he saw and SJax was not delivering. SJax may get a grip on himself over the summer and come back strong, but not likely with the Spurs.
Old 04-18-13, 10:54 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

imagine sjax in okc...
Old 04-18-13, 11:34 PM
SpursReport Rookie

SJax was my favorite player in 2003 and even more when he came back.

Cannot believe how bad it ended here.
Old 04-19-13, 12:11 AM
Herman Cain of the board

It is what it is but at least the Spurs will be players in the free agent market this summer to include possible trades. With RJ at another year at 11 million it would have handcuffed them from being in that picture.
Old 04-19-13, 12:31 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickem78 View Post
SJax was my favorite player in 2003 and even more when he came back.

Cannot believe how bad it ended here.
Tim was my fave player in 03 but I loved Jax! I wished he never left then! I wanted him back so bad, nearly cried when he came back for RJ! I am still in awe a year later how badly it ended! It seemed like a match made in heaven! This happened so fast, and he is gone again.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-19-13, 12:58 AM
The Master Baiter

So he thought he was better than KY or Green? Delusional or he's upset he didn't get a chance to play for a new contract. Probably the latter.
Old 04-19-13, 09:10 AM
SpursReport Rookie

There has to be more to it. You have to figure they were willing to give him a ton of slack with the baby situation and all. He's also a willing defender and didn't demand shots, just minutes. Plus, Pop tends to turn to his vets in the playoffs when the youngsters look shaky. It's likey his playing time would have increased.

Note I'm not say he should have receive more playing time or that he has anything left or that he would have made an impact. Just saying that to cut him this late with those variables, it had to be something more egregious than complaining about playing time or a general disagreement. Something had to leave Pop feeling like he had no choice.

Or maybe he's just that cold and figured T-Mac would be better. With Diaw going down there was no one left to leave off the roster. Jax was just odd man out.
Old 04-19-13, 10:51 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I for one was glad to have Jack back, however there are things that were happening that we fans will never know. Pop is not perfect however we need to trust his decisions and move on.
Old 04-19-13, 11:21 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
I for one was glad to have Jack back, however there are things that were happening that we fans will never know. Pop is not perfect however we need to trust his decisions and move on.
Pop has been pretty tolerant of players in the past. Just statements like in this article, and there's another one where he says he's been underpaid his whole career, makes me think it was more about contract than playing time.
Old 04-19-13, 11:42 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I ran SJax's statement through Google Translator to help y'all out:

Old 04-19-13, 11:01 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

I think he was having very irregular playing time and that he is a PlayOffs performer.
That unknown quality that could make a player overachieve or underperform when it matters. You don't just let it walk away in a team with tons of underachievers...
[email protected]
Old 04-20-13, 02:05 AM
The Master Baiter

I think people are overrating his worth on the team. He didn't play well until the last 4 games against OKC in the playoffs. All losses. Are they correlated? I don't know, but he sure didn't help. He doesn't fix any problems the Spurs have and he apparently was causing problems.
Old 04-20-13, 07:25 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

^^^What Uwe said. I'm still holding a grudge from when he played for the Pacers.

Just noticed my sig...I'm going to have to pick a new one.
Old 04-20-13, 08:40 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Sucks that Jax screwed this up so badly! Al lhe had to do was be a team person than crave long lost individual dues. I liked him and his nastiness but what can we say? Clearly Pop did the very difficult but right thing.
Old 04-20-13, 09:26 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I think people are overrating his worth on the team. He didn't play well until the last 4 games against OKC in the playoffs. All losses. Are they correlated? I don't know, but he sure didn't help. He doesn't fix any problems the Spurs have and he apparently was causing problems.
Actually SJax had a good playoff run last year except for the Clipper series. He also had a very decent end of the year with the team last year too. Yeah he blew this year but RJ and his 11 million is off the books next season. That was the key point to the trade for the Spurs. If he played good it was all gravy.
Old 04-20-13, 11:36 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
He shot over 50% from the field and 60 from three and 90% from FT's in the playoffs! I wish more of our role players would not shrink and play that bad!!!!!!

BTW against OKC in game one he hit a timely three late in that game! We won that game.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.