News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-18-13, 12:25 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Looks like we'll be playing LA

First round matchup. I dont hate this at all. For one thing, they dont have that one player that can go off like harden or curry. I bet we see a steady dose of hack-a-howard if the lakers make any kind of runs. It will be nice for us to be the ones to put LA out of their misery for the season!
Hows everyone else feeling about this series?

Its guna be nice to see harden going against OKC for a series too. Makes for some interesting first round match ups!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-18-13, 12:27 AM
SpursReport Team Member

This was the match-up I wanted for the Spurs in the first round and the reason I was angry they gave up the one-seed. Oh well, looks like things worked out, CIA Pop and what not.
Old 04-18-13, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbarton View Post
This was the match-up I wanted for the Spurs in the first round and the reason I was angry they gave up the one-seed. Oh well, looks like things worked out, CIA Pop and what not.
They just really need to get in a groove shooting from the outside again cus they wont really be getting a majority of the rebounds with howard and gasol in the paint. I think gasol had a triple double tonite with around 20 rebounds.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-18-13, 12:46 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
They just really need to get in a groove shooting from the outside again cus they wont really be getting a majority of the rebounds with howard and gasol in the paint. I think gasol had a triple double tonite with around 20 rebounds.
38 rebounds between gasol and Howard. That's just crazy. Anyway definitely hack a Howard going to be seen and best believe TP will not be getting linked again by Blake. Bring out the brooms (5 tops)

As long as Manu is healthy. What I'm secretly hoping for a large margin of victories so we can get tmac some playing time before we play den in second round

- Confucius
Old 04-18-13, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
38 rebounds between gasol and Howard. That's just crazy. Anyway definitely hack a Howard going to be seen and best believe TP will not be getting linked again by Blake. Bring out the brooms (5 tops)

As long as Manu is healthy. What I'm secretly hoping for a large margin of victories so we can get tmac some playing time before we play den in second round
Im thinking 5 at the most hopefully. It would be nice to use this round to get everyone healthy and adjusted.
Old 04-18-13, 12:51 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Hopefully LA comes back to earth.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-18-13, 12:55 AM

Im curious to see if nash starts the series. I didnt get to watch all of the game but it seems like gasol has become the facilitator in his absence so well see how that works out once he is back in the lineup. Im thinking this first series may set the tone for the rest of the po's for the spurs. We will get to see if they are able to "flip the switch" and get back to playing spurs basketball or if they are going to keep playing the way they have for the last month and a half.
I just hope we can end this series in less games than OKC can end theirs. Should def be fun to watch.
Old 04-18-13, 01:05 AM
Official SR Home Builder

I'm also glad that the Thunder gets the Rockets, cause it would've been a cake walk OKC vs LA, but not so much against Houston.
Old 04-18-13, 01:06 AM

...and LA may be thinking that this is the best scenario for them also having just beat us on sunday without Kobe combined with our recent form over the few weeks as compared to OKC

Last edited by thesuspence281; 04-18-13 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-18-13, 01:18 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
...and LA may be thinking that this is the best scenario for them also having just beat us on sunday without Kobe combined for our recent form over the few weeks as compared to OKC
Probably. The Lakers match up better with the Spurs than OKC.
Old 04-18-13, 01:25 AM

Just looking through the playoff matchups now, i would have to say we have the easier road back to the conference finals than OKC does. We just have LA and then either Denver/GS as compared to OKC who has the get through Harden's Rockets first and then Lob City or Memphis.
Old 04-18-13, 01:28 AM
Official SR Home Builder

(2) San Antonio vs. (7) L.A. Lakers
Game 1 - Sun April 21, L.A. Lakers at San Antonio, 2:30PM, ABC/R
Game 2 - Wed April 24, L.A. Lakers at San Antonio, 8:30PM, TNT
Game 3 - Fri April 26, San Antonio at L.A. Lakers, 9:30PM, ESPN
Game 4 - Sun April 28, San Antonio at L.A. Lakers, 6:00PM, TNT
Game 5 * Tue April 30, L.A. Lakers at San Antonio, TBD, TBD
Game 6 * Thu May 2, San Antonio at L.A. Lakers, TBD, TBD
Game 7 * Sat May 4, L.A. Lakers at San Antonio, TBD, TNT
Old 04-18-13, 01:33 AM

Thanks Eddy.
That three day break between games 1 and 2 may help in getting people back to full health/energy and also essentially give Tmac a week from today to help get him somewhat more acclimated to the system.
Old 04-18-13, 01:34 AM

--If he even ends up getting any significant time that is--
Old 04-18-13, 02:07 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Beating the Lakers is not going to be as satisfying without Kobe. Plus IF we don't beat them, it makes us look that much worse (even though they have more one-time all-stars than us even without Kobe). I hate this situation. Lose/lose. Well, not completely a lose/lose...I will still get SOME satisfaction out of beating the Lakers!
Old 04-18-13, 02:47 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scxeezy View Post
Beating the Lakers is not going to be as satisfying without Kobe. Plus IF we don't beat them, it makes us look that much worse (even though they have more one-time all-stars than us even without Kobe). I hate this situation. Lose/lose. Well, not completely a lose/lose...I will still get SOME satisfaction out of beating the Lakers!
I don't care about well Kobe was out, I just want the Spurs to beat them and only that. I don't give a crap about anything else than a first round win, period.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-18-13, 07:44 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Hell yeah .....bring on those lil'*****es...lol. I HATE the Fakers....Even with no Kobe, I want the Spurs to beat the living $hit outta them. FTL..Spurs in 5
Old 04-18-13, 07:54 AM
The Master Baiter

I don't think they'll lose, but this is not going to be easy. Even without Kobe, the Lakers have length that affects Parker, as we saw in the last game. With Parker ineffective, that makes it easier to guard the other guys. But hopefully, everyone will be healthy and ready to play. Manu or KY are going to have to be the X-factor in this one.
Old 04-18-13, 08:23 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

We are not winning this series ; Memphis first round all over again
Old 04-18-13, 09:48 AM

Im confident that were going to win the series. But i think jumping on the Lakers early on sunday and maybe even putting them away early go do a lot of good for the spurs confidence for the rest of the playoffs.
Old 04-18-13, 09:50 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I don't think they'll lose, but this is not going to be easy. Even without Kobe, the Lakers have length that affects Parker, as we saw in the last game. With Parker ineffective, that makes it easier to guard the other guys. But hopefully, everyone will be healthy and ready to play. Manu or KY are going to have to be the X-factor in this one.
I attribute that more to Parker not being healthy as opposed to their bigs. TP9 just doesn't seem right. His legs have yet to get underneath him. I'm hoping a 3 day rest will help. Manu looked okay last night when you consider that it was his first game back and only played 12 min. Kawhi has been hesitant with his shot over the past 5 games or so. But if you remember last years PO's, Kawhi actually played well (for being a rookie). We can only hope that he will step up even more this year. My concern lies more with Tiago/DG. I beleive those two players need to step up. I think TP/Timmy/Manu/Kawhi will get theirs. The question (IMO) becomes, who will step up after them? Hopefully we can get some good consistancy from DG/Tiago. We shall see!
Old 04-18-13, 10:13 AM

Well ive seen it in multiple places saying that Kawhi is going to be playing ~40 minutes a game in the playoffs so when he's in there with the second unit he definitely needs to be applying himself and being very aggressive.
Old 04-18-13, 11:08 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
I attribute that more to Parker not being healthy as opposed to their bigs. TP9 just doesn't seem right. His legs have yet to get underneath him. I'm hoping a 3 day rest will help. Manu looked okay last night when you consider that it was his first game back and only played 12 min. Kawhi has been hesitant with his shot over the past 5 games or so. But if you remember last years PO's, Kawhi actually played well (for being a rookie). We can only hope that he will step up even more this year. My concern lies more with Tiago/DG. I beleive those two players need to step up. I think TP/Timmy/Manu/Kawhi will get theirs. The question (IMO) becomes, who will step up after them? Hopefully we can get some good consistancy from DG/Tiago. We shall see!
Danny Green and Tiago are the real x-factors IMO. Kawhi will do what he can, but if danny and tiago are not contributing, they are worthless and no help

- Confucius
Old 04-18-13, 12:11 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

my only concern about this series

IS THE WEAR AND TEAR TO TIMMY, he gonna need to box and receive a lot of hits and stress in this series... i really hope he didnt burn like those early exits... :-S
Old 04-18-13, 01:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

If we defend Blake better than last time we will be OK.
Old 04-18-13, 02:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
my only concern about this series

IS THE WEAR AND TEAR TO TIMMY, he gonna need to box and receive a lot of hits and stress in this series... i really hope he didnt burn like those early exits... :-S
so true!!!

- Confucius
Old 04-18-13, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
so true!!!
Our guards/small forwards need to be the dominant players in this series so that we are not having to call 4 down all the time just so we can get a decent look at the bucket. If the ball is moving and players are knocking down half the shots they have been missing as of late (shots that they were knocking down with regularity the first 2/3's of the season), we should be in good shape. We dont have the length or the full-game-dominance of timmy to rely on for 48.
Old 04-18-13, 03:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldoror View Post
Probably. The Lakers match up better with the Spurs than OKC.
Most teams do.