News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-16-13, 03:29 PM

Tracy McGrady to Spurs

Tracy McGrady has agreed to join the San Antonio Spurs according to Yahoo Sports.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2014-art...-to-spurs.html
Old 04-16-13, 03:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Eww.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-16-13, 03:53 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Oh goody
Old 04-16-13, 04:00 PM
Administrator

uh ok! Welcome T-mac.

Old 04-16-13, 04:02 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Well there you have it. It's official. Spurs have made clear that they have no interest in advancing into the second round.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-16-13, 04:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

At least he has some of his hops back, by what i've seen in his CBL stint. Maybe might add a little oomph to our listless Spurs?

Sig by Grego the Master Creator
Old 04-16-13, 04:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this signing. This allows for a 5-10mpg punch off the bench. Guys: We don't need big-time offense, we just need to avoid droughts and TOs. This solves the KY-Manu-??? issue.

T-Mac is a solid vet pick up for spot minutes in the playoffs. You can bet your tookus T-Mac is EXTRA SUPER motivated to win it this year.
Old 04-16-13, 04:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteChocolateJr View Post
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this signing. This allows for a 5-10mpg punch off the bench. Guys: We don't need big-time offense, we just need to avoid droughts and TOs. This solves the KY-Manu-??? issue.

T-Mac is a solid vet pick up for spot minutes in the playoffs. You can bet your tookus T-Mac is EXTRA SUPER motivated to win it this year.
I hope so man. His track record isn't too good but he will win a series at least. I know this much hell provide just as much offense as say SJax, but will be lacking on defensive end for sure. At least he's tall haha

- Confucius
Old 04-16-13, 04:22 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Yeah...remember, T-Mac isn't rusty. He just finished up a season in China, where he averaged 25 or 26 ppg. He still can handle the rock.

(And he's 6'8!)
Old 04-16-13, 04:29 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
Does anybody realize that we can't sign anybody for the playoffs? Know the NBA rules people. March 1st is the deadline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Actually they can as long as they have not played in the league this year.
Quote:
Yeah, because we would sign and use somebody who hasn't played in the league all year with 3 games left in the season.

Anybody signed for that spot will probably be a body they're interested in for next year. Baynes would be better this playoffs than anybody we could possibly sign right now, even McDyess.
Open mouth...enter foot.

I do like the T-Mac signing though. He's not a replacement for Jax, he's more like Manu-lite with more size. Better ball handler and passer than Jack, if his back can stand it, I would see him as a hedge against Manu getting hurt again or Green crapping his pants again and having to move Leonard to guard.
Old 04-16-13, 04:30 PM
SpursReport Rookie

He gives us a veteran body that knows offense. So if he the opposition is a few steps faster he at least has the knowledge to set his teammates up. We're not expecting Superman but despite what Pop says about KL playing the whole game he'll still need a rest. Durant & James are beast! Heck, I wouldn't have mind Gilbert Arenas. He in China with no competition. Let's see what happens.
Old 04-16-13, 04:31 PM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Well if we ever find ourselves down by 12 with 30 seconds left we know we could still have a chance.....
Old 04-16-13, 04:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

A guy who can quite possibly still create his own shot, handle the ball,play a little team defense and facilitate off his offensive skill set. And hit some wide open treys. Maybe be our Micheal Finley?
Old 04-16-13, 04:40 PM
The Master Baiter

He'll give at least what Stephen Jackson gave. He could never win a series with the weight of a whole team on his back, but he could make shots late in the game. And, as someone else already pointed out, he's 6'8" so that takes care of the SF spot. I like the signing, but then I'm not expecting him to save the day either.
Old 04-16-13, 04:51 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Just finished watching CBL highlights of him and even though it look like he was playing with kids, he still look to be in great shape and scored easily. I think this was a good pick up.
Old 04-16-13, 04:53 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
Well if we ever find ourselves down by 12 with 30 seconds left we know we could still have a chance.....

AH!!!!! I blocked that out!!!!!! I remember walking over to my RA's dorm room for a floor meeting (same suite/shared bathroom) with the Spurs having a guaranteed win...I peeked back into my room to see what was going on...
Old 04-16-13, 05:35 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Well, it helps with the loss of Sjax but don't know if it will really matter. Spurs are playing like hammered dog $hit right now. Can't get any worse I suppose. Good signing!
Old 04-16-13, 06:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I want his singlet.....
Old 04-16-13, 06:28 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Not sure why Jose didn't post this since he posted it on SpursReport on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/18672784824/

Old 04-16-13, 06:51 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Bonner playing ferocious D as usual on that last shot by Tmac.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 04-16-13 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-16-13, 06:52 PM

The more I've thought about this, the more I don't hate it. He does bring that instant offense and the 2nd unit is really, really pitiful when it comes to scoring.
Old 04-16-13, 07:04 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
AH!!!!! I blocked that out!!!!!! I remember walking over to my RA's dorm room for a floor meeting (same suite/shared bathroom) with the Spurs having a guaranteed win...I peeked back into my room to see what was going on...
Funny we all remember that night! I was sitting here with some lights off because the christmas lights were on, CPU to the right with the game on it and the laptop in front of me sipping a beer thinking about how the day went! Then went the day lol . I got sick to my stomach after that loss, that beyond ruined the night and the good mood I was in.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-16-13, 07:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Who would you rather handle the ball.....Tracy or Neal? Thought so. Hey at least we have a Patty and Tracy! Good pick up, just keep the ball handling away Neal!!
Old 04-16-13, 07:24 PM
SR Team Goof

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but which Tracy McGrady will soon wear the silver and black --- the long ago scoring machine he was in Toronto and Houston or the Charles Barkley wannabe we see in this video? This was during a game in Dec2012. Maybe he's all of a sudden seen the light and changed his ways. Either way, we got him now. Your choice.

Link to story: VIDEO: Tracy McGrady is throwing elbows in China
Old 04-16-13, 07:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Who would you rather handle the ball.....Tracy or Neal? Thought so. Hey at least we have a Patty and Tracy! Good pick up, just keep the ball handling away Neal!!
Your my new fav person. I'm sure rZA would agree

- Confucius
Old 04-16-13, 07:41 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

so, are the spurs trying to strengthen a little the iso game in case he has a little left in the tank...

if he can pull a derek fisher like nights from time to time, im ok...
Old 04-16-13, 07:42 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Did we waive Jackson knowing we had McGrady in the wings?
Old 04-16-13, 07:55 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
No doubt in my feeble mind.
Old 04-16-13, 07:55 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The way I see it, the Chinese dude deserves a technical for taunting .. Lol
Old 04-16-13, 08:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I really want to like this signing, but all I see in the CBA clips is a guy that looks really really old.
Old 04-16-13, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
No doubt in my feeble mind.
i don't think so, from the start anyway. just my 2 cents.

Jackson posted an Instagram message about him being better than someone and he wouldn't say he wasn't if he didn't think so.

i do think the Spurs were planning on bringing in T-Mac because he got his Chinese league clearance today so it must have been in the works for a while.

i think the Spurs were probably going to waive Blair and Jackson most likely didn't want to share backup minutes with T-Mac. that to me makes sense because Blair wouldn't have been playoff eligible after his waiving.

once Jax threw a fit, the Spurs decided to keep Blair and waive him instead. it's a shame since Diaw got hurt and Jax could've played backup 4 and been on the court with McGrady.

just my 2 cents anyway.
Old 04-16-13, 08:55 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
By SJax tweet after his release, that may be a good assumption. SJax appears to already have known who was to replace his minutes.
Old 04-16-13, 09:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Interesting!?!
Old 04-16-13, 09:05 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i don't think so, from the start anyway. just my 2 cents.

Jackson posted an Instagram message about him being better than someone and he wouldn't say he wasn't if he didn't think so.

i do think the Spurs were planning on bringing in T-Mac because he got his Chinese league clearance today so it must have been in the works for a while.

i think the Spurs were probably going to waive Blair and Jackson most likely didn't want to share backup minutes with T-Mac. that to me makes sense because Blair wouldn't have been playoff eligible after his waiving.

once Jax threw a fit, the Spurs decided to keep Blair and waive him instead. it's a shame since Diaw got hurt and Jax could've played backup 4 and been on the court with McGrady.

just my 2 cents anyway.
At least Diaw could be back if the Spurs make it to the second round. I guess McDyess was never considered even though he looks to return next season.
Old 04-16-13, 09:12 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

T-Mac is famous for foldng in the POffs, isn't he?
Wow... this week has been a rollercoaster without ups...
[email protected]
Old 04-16-13, 09:23 PM

T-Mac doesn't have to carry the team, all he has to do is fit in for 6-8 minutes
Old 04-16-13, 09:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
Never making it out of a first round series his entire career, I'd say that's some famous folding. Though it is a little different this time around since he had to carry most of the load for the Magic and the Rockets. If he can help spark the bench and prevent any slippage between the first and second units, then this would be a great signing. It's going to be a little difficult getting him up to speed with the team system, so I'm not sure how much he can actually contribute. Help stop the bleeding T-Mac!
Old 04-16-13, 09:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

When I saw this headline, my first thought was, "Great, Yahoo! Sports is playing Mad Libs again."
Old 04-16-13, 09:51 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

[email protected]
Old 04-16-13, 10:31 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Believe it or not this was the best the spurs could have done.
Old 04-16-13, 11:27 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Your my new fav person. I'm sure rZA would agree
YEP!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
His numbers in the playoffs were actually not that bad! They even went up some years! Which is a far cry from some out there lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
so, are the spurs trying to strengthen a little the iso game in case he has a little left in the tank...

if he can pull a derek fisher like nights from time to time, im ok...
Good lord Fisher is like 40 now and he still has those nights T Mac is only 33 so you would hope so.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 04-16-13 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-17-13, 12:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
Never making it out of a first round series his entire career, I'd say that's some famous folding. Though it is a little different this time around since he had to carry most of the load for the Magic and the Rockets. If he can help spark the bench and prevent any slippage between the first and second units, then this would be a great signing. It's going to be a little difficult getting him up to speed with the team system, so I'm not sure how much he can actually contribute. Help stop the bleeding T-Mac!
Ignoring the Atl playoffs where he had low minutes he averaged nearly 17 per in his first year and then 30 per for the remaining 6 playoff appearances..... so I would not call that him personally folding.

Either way in last years playoffs he averaged the same S Jax averaged this year so the only thing we lost was a locker room issue.

And I think the player Jax was not going to be told was better was Kawhi not a replacement as then there would be no issue as he is already gone.
Old 04-17-13, 01:06 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I say this is not such a so bad sign. And TMac could somehow get some instant offense done! Not so bad signing IMO. It is what it is.

Maybe it is destined that TMac gets his last opportunity with Spurs and takes FULL Advantage of it...

Never ever say Never!!!!

Go TMac & Spurs!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-17-13, 03:45 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Open mouth...enter foot.

I do like the T-Mac signing though. He's not a replacement for Jax, he's more like Manu-lite with more size. Better ball handler and passer than Jack, if his back can stand it, I would see him as a hedge against Manu getting hurt again or Green crapping his pants again and having to move Leonard to guard.
How was I wrong? I said they can sign someone and have them play in the playoffs if they have not played this year after the March 1st deadline. Sorry no foot in mouth. Nice try.
Old 04-17-13, 03:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I bet he gets a huge ovation tonight.Hell if he hits a few shots we could see T-Mac Jerseys in the fan shop by playoffs.
Old 04-17-13, 06:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

This is awesome. Maybe we can talk Shaq out of retirement to give us some size off the bench.
Old 04-17-13, 07:23 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Perhaps we can waive Blair today, and sign Kevin Willis. Then, maybe waive Neal and sign Vinnie Johnson. We could then let go of Nando and resign Steve Kerr. Then, lets waive Bonner, and pick up.... Wait, let's just waive Bonner. It is the playoffs after all.
Old 04-17-13, 08:26 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

D-rob anyone?

LOLOL
Old 04-17-13, 09:31 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Wow, there are some funny guys here. D-Rob - Kevin Willis - Shaq LOLOL...

But there is something missing: Tracy is younger than Stephen Jackson.

Honestly I'm happy with this signing. I'm a little shocked when I've heard S-Jax release, but now I can live with it. T-Mac is not a strong defensive force in our second unit which S-Jax would be, but I believe that he still have something on the tank.
Old 04-17-13, 10:04 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

biological age and chronological age can be different ... T mac (33yro) has injury plagged career, and seems to be lees durable, for shure biologically are almost equal to Sjax (35yro), if not worse...

add personal health care (nutrition conditioning etc)