News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-13, 07:52 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

What is your biggest concern heading into the playoffs?

Well, what is your biggest concern for Spurs heading into the playoffs? Discuss!
Old 04-16-13, 08:00 AM
The Master Baiter

My biggest concern is that Tony hasn't looked at all like his midseason self for awhile. Also, Manu is going to have to get in game shape during the playoffs, Tiago is softer at this time of year, KY seems more reluctant to be aggressive and Diaw won't be there for the first round. It certainly isn't Stephen Jackson.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-16-13, 08:51 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
My biggest concern is that Tony hasn't looked at all like his midseason self for awhile. Also, Manu is going to have to get in game shape during the playoffs, Tiago is softer at this time of year, KY seems more reluctant to be aggressive and Diaw won't be there for the first round. It certainly isn't Stephen Jackson.
+1

For me it is all about Tony Parker. He has to dominate if we are going to go very far. Tony Parker is the leader of the team. When our offense is struggling, he needs to be the one to make that play to turn things around. If we get to the 4th quarter, and Pop feels like we need to start dumping it into Tim in the low post, we are done. If we need someone to score one basket, and Pop feels that Manu at the top of the key is our best option, we are finished.

It is all about Tony Parker.
Old 04-16-13, 08:57 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

My biggest concern is that there will not be anything I'm not concerned about.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-16-13, 11:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I am not concerned with TP or Timmy not nearly as much as I am concerned with Manu and the role players. We have assimilated to life without Manu where we know we can win games. How have we managed to stay successful? Role players contributing consistently. Up until OKC series, our role players we're doing things right but then we know what happened. For some reason it looks like Tiago took a step back from earlier this season and Kawhi needs to man up and be aggressive. Timmy is a nice guy, but he's ferocious when he feels the need to be. Go spurs go

- Confucius
Old 04-16-13, 11:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

My immediate concern is that this team might not be able to get out of the first round.
Old 04-16-13, 01:13 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
+1

For me it is all about Tony Parker. He has to dominate if we are going to go very far. Tony Parker is the leader of the team. When our offense is struggling, he needs to be the one to make that play to turn things around. If we get to the 4th quarter, and Pop feels like we need to start dumping it into Tim in the low post, we are done. If we need someone to score one basket, and Pop feels that Manu at the top of the key is our best option, we are finished.

It is all about Tony Parker.
I agree here, he was an MVP candidate most said for alot of the year and some say he is better than such and such at PG, well it's time to show that and show you are elite at PG and lead the team! He should put up 20 and 8 atleast!

If he starts dissapearing and so on during the playoffs in games that just shows me he is very good but not ready to lead a team and never will be! He is not an elite player if he can't put up numbers consistent in the playoffs. It is his team now, show it.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-16-13, 02:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

My only 3 concerns this year: HEALTH, HEALTH, HEALTH.
Old 04-16-13, 03:21 PM
The Master Baiter

What kills me is that they spend the whole season limiting minutes, even throwing games, which as we all know now can be the difference between home court throughout or dropping to the 3 or 4th seed, and here we are with 2 of the big 3 three banged up anyway.
Old 04-16-13, 04:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

My biggest concern is that they dont have a player like Tracy McGrady.

Wait - scratch that!!! We Got The Man!!!

Sig by Grego the Master Creator
Old 04-16-13, 04:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Lmao you're right. What the hell haha

- Confucius
Old 04-16-13, 09:52 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorray View Post
My biggest concern is that they dont have a player like Tracy McGrady.

Wait - scratch that!!! We Got The Man!!!
Bwahahahaaa
[email protected]
Old 04-17-13, 12:21 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

My biggest concern is Splitters post game, that destroys our offence.....Who can Jeopardy that quote?
Old 04-18-13, 02:08 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Health. And now that we know our opponent...officiating!
Old 04-18-13, 09:53 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Rebounding
Old 04-18-13, 11:11 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scxeezy View Post
Health. And now that we know our opponent...officiating!
OFFICIATING is the damn truth. WE all can look back and now we got screwed in the second half of game 6 in OKC last years WCF

- Confucius
Old 04-18-13, 02:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
OFFICIATING is the damn truth. WE all can look back and now we got screwed in the second half of game 6 in OKC last years WCF
The officiating was so horrible that I had non Spurs fan friends tell me we got jobbed.