SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   What is your biggest concern heading into the playoffs? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118997-what-your-biggest-concern-heading-into-playoffs.html)

esparzar1 04-16-13 07:52 AM

What is your biggest concern heading into the playoffs?

Well, what is your biggest concern for Spurs heading into the playoffs? Discuss!

Uwe Blab 04-16-13 08:00 AM

My biggest concern is that Tony hasn't looked at all like his midseason self for awhile. Also, Manu is going to have to get in game shape during the playoffs, Tiago is softer at this time of year, KY seems more reluctant to be aggressive and Diaw won't be there for the first round. It certainly isn't Stephen Jackson.

choppsboy 04-16-13 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1294939)
My biggest concern is that Tony hasn't looked at all like his midseason self for awhile. Also, Manu is going to have to get in game shape during the playoffs, Tiago is softer at this time of year, KY seems more reluctant to be aggressive and Diaw won't be there for the first round. It certainly isn't Stephen Jackson.

+1

For me it is all about Tony Parker. He has to dominate if we are going to go very far. Tony Parker is the leader of the team. When our offense is struggling, he needs to be the one to make that play to turn things around. If we get to the 4th quarter, and Pop feels like we need to start dumping it into Tim in the low post, we are done. If we need someone to score one basket, and Pop feels that Manu at the top of the key is our best option, we are finished.

It is all about Tony Parker.

Spurd_On 04-16-13 08:57 AM

My biggest concern is that there will not be anything I'm not concerned about.

spurduncan21 04-16-13 11:45 AM

I am not concerned with TP or Timmy not nearly as much as I am concerned with Manu and the role players. We have assimilated to life without Manu where we know we can win games. How have we managed to stay successful? Role players contributing consistently. Up until OKC series, our role players we're doing things right but then we know what happened. For some reason it looks like Tiago took a step back from earlier this season and Kawhi needs to man up and be aggressive. Timmy is a nice guy, but he's ferocious when he feels the need to be. Go spurs go :)

Brooklyn Dave 04-16-13 11:56 AM

My immediate concern is that this team might not be able to get out of the first round.

Rzarector7 04-16-13 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppsboy (Post 1294940)
+1

For me it is all about Tony Parker. He has to dominate if we are going to go very far. Tony Parker is the leader of the team. When our offense is struggling, he needs to be the one to make that play to turn things around. If we get to the 4th quarter, and Pop feels like we need to start dumping it into Tim in the low post, we are done. If we need someone to score one basket, and Pop feels that Manu at the top of the key is our best option, we are finished.

It is all about Tony Parker.

I agree here, he was an MVP candidate most said for alot of the year and some say he is better than such and such at PG, well it's time to show that and show you are elite at PG and lead the team! He should put up 20 and 8 atleast!

If he starts dissapearing and so on during the playoffs in games that just shows me he is very good but not ready to lead a team and never will be! He is not an elite player if he can't put up numbers consistent in the playoffs. It is his team now, show it.

WhiteChocolateJr 04-16-13 02:39 PM

My only 3 concerns this year: HEALTH, HEALTH, HEALTH.

Uwe Blab 04-16-13 03:21 PM

What kills me is that they spend the whole season limiting minutes, even throwing games, which as we all know now can be the difference between home court throughout or dropping to the 3 or 4th seed, and here we are with 2 of the big 3 three banged up anyway.

senorray 04-16-13 04:02 PM

My biggest concern is that they dont have a player like Tracy McGrady.

Wait - scratch that!!! We Got The Man!!!

spurduncan21 04-16-13 04:18 PM

Lmao you're right. What the hell haha

ATHENEA 04-16-13 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senorray (Post 1294959)
My biggest concern is that they dont have a player like Tracy McGrady.

Wait - scratch that!!! We Got The Man!!!

Bwahahahaaa

Kager 04-17-13 12:21 AM

My biggest concern is Splitters post game, that destroys our offence.....Who can Jeopardy that quote?

Scxeezy 04-18-13 02:08 AM

Health. And now that we know our opponent...officiating!

SleepyAdamII 04-18-13 09:53 AM

Rebounding

spurduncan21 04-18-13 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scxeezy (Post 1295088)
Health. And now that we know our opponent...officiating!

OFFICIATING is the damn truth. WE all can look back and now we got screwed in the second half of game 6 in OKC last years WCF

b1gdon 04-18-13 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurduncan21 (Post 1295105)
OFFICIATING is the damn truth. WE all can look back and now we got screwed in the second half of game 6 in OKC last years WCF

The officiating was so horrible that I had non Spurs fan friends tell me we got jobbed.