Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-13, 01:37 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Kobe suffers 'probable' Achilles tendon tear

Kobe Bryant set for MRI
Updated: April 13, 2013, 1:31 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant suffered what the team called a probable torn Achilles tendon during Friday night's 118-116 win over the Golden State Warriors.

He will undergo an MRI on Saturday morning to confirm the injury, according to the Lakers.

Bryant checked out of Friday night's game against the Warriors with 3:06 remaining in the fourth quarter.

He had 34 points on 9-for-21 shooting before leaving, playing every minute of the game up to that point.
Old 04-13-13, 01:51 AM
Official SR Home Builder

If it is a tear, he could be out next season also.
Old 04-13-13, 01:52 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
If it is a tear, he could be out next season also.
This could be career ending.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-13-13, 02:09 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Then Dwight Howard probably doesn't sign.
Old 04-13-13, 02:18 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

I am not going to glorify this here, I hate injuries..... I am not a huge Kobe fan but get well man.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-13-13, 09:06 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

A easy series for OKC if so.
Old 04-13-13, 10:14 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

This is one of those times when I'm torn. Hate to see anyone injured, but then again, as I've watched Spurs and other team stars go down time after time and I've always wondered why doesn't Kobe or LeBron ever seem to get injured?

And now that Kobe is injured of course it comes at a time when the lakers weren't a real threat this year anyway and there's even a freaking silver lining for the lakers. If he's out for next season, they can actually use the amnesty clause on him and save about 80 million bucks and use that to rebuild and then he can come back next season and have a retirement tour.
Old 04-13-13, 11:27 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

There is a God!!!!!! F Kobe and FTL...... No love loss at all. I hope he never comes back.
Old 04-13-13, 11:42 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

i was hopping SA sign kobe for the cheap next year... as much i hate lakers, kobe is a fierce competitor and is really needed someone like him in sa, no more polite/dissapearing in presure guys that in the last 2 minutes cant score in the ocean..
Old 04-13-13, 11:55 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
There is a God!!!!!! F Kobe and FTL...... No love loss at all. I hope he never comes back.
Geez Esparzar1, don't hold back on your emotions, let it out. Tell us how you really feel.
Old 04-13-13, 12:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
i was hopping SA sign kobe for the cheap next year... as much i hate lakers, kobe is a fierce competitor and is really needed someone like him in sa, no more polite/dissapearing in presure guys that in the last 2 minutes cant score in the ocean..
Would be good move for him. Pop would keep his minutes down, and Pop is probably the only coach other than Jackson he truly respects. He would never have to be disappointed in his power forward, like he is with Gasol. If he wanted a sixth ring and maybe 7th, what better place to get it. But not going to happen, he's owed 30 million next year.
Old 04-13-13, 12:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I've been telling my lakers friend that I can see Kobe leaving and playing n for the spurs and winning with Timmy haha. If they amnesty him, to save $80M its a possibility he stays classy and go to a veteran team with our superior coaching in all facets (health preservation, time management, etc). I doubt it happens but he damn sure wouldn't join the heat or thunder

- Confucius
Old 04-13-13, 01:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yikes, that's awful. I've always had enormous respect for Kobe's work ethic and competitiveness. This is devastating.
Old 04-13-13, 03:13 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Black Friday indeed...
[email protected]
Old 04-13-13, 06:35 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
Black Friday indeed...
And it wasn't even the 13th.

Poor Kobe.

Old 04-13-13, 07:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

This is why you shouldn't overplay older players. They can get hurt too easily.

Popovich knows this but apparently D'antoni hasn't figured it out.

$
Old 04-13-13, 08:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Its official. the Lakers trainer expects him out 6-9 months.
Old 04-13-13, 08:57 PM
Official SR Home Builder

That means he is probably going to aim to comeback around the allstar brake. The Lakers ate gonna be around or just above .500 and the story repeats.
Old 04-13-13, 11:41 PM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Damn it all to heck .....where there is Laker failure, there is always an excuse.
Old 04-14-13, 03:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I was saddened yesterday to see one of my favorite players out for the playoffs and possibly the end of his career. Good luck SJAX!
Old 04-14-13, 03:06 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Why do the Lakers have the Pounding the Rock quote up in their locker room? Isn't that Pop/SA's thing? I noticed in the interview Kobe did after the game.
Old 04-14-13, 10:39 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Man that sucks for Kobe and Lakers too.

As much as i HATE and despise so much the Freaking Lakers. I would never wish such an injury on any player in the NBA. But it is what it is.

God sends a message to them by taking Kobe. Enough is enough. Magic Johnson saying the FTL will beat the Spurs if they meet first round... Geez people....

Lakers will suck forever! That is for sure!

Kobe would exit at the right time without getting humiliated in the PO.

I can see Le Lakers Amnesty his Arse next year and Kobe looks to sign anywhere to piss them off........Sometimes one Man's Garbage is another Man's Treasure!!!!

The Good Lord makes things happen for a reason!!!!!!
Old 04-14-13, 12:07 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

yeah he signing with the spurs to take sjax place ;-)
Old 04-14-13, 01:29 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
yeah he signing with the spurs to take sjax place ;-)
CIA Pop at it again...

Old 04-14-13, 09:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Relevant: http://i.imgur.com/HPGkFDN.jpg