News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-12-13, 06:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Captain Jack released from duties?

I got this alert..... Now it is from Bleacher Report but quotes Wojo.
Spurs Release Stephen Jackson: Hoops Rumors

Wow has anyone else heard anything?
Old 04-12-13, 07:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So are there any guys who were waived before the deadline that the Spurs might consider?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-12-13, 09:46 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Idn but just saw this on espn. Not much mentioned during broadcast. Very surprised. Something must have happened

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-12-13, 10:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Well I hope they have a contingency plan. We really do not have a SF other than Kawhi now so this is not good a week before playoffs start. Things must have been real bad in the locker room. Had to be weighin on team morale so pOp pulled the plug. This is upsetting because we all, well majority wanted to exchange his contract for someone at the deadline. He was slower than TD on the court. Should have went all in for Al Jeff dammit. Oh well...

- Confucius
Old 04-12-13, 10:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

My speculation is that Stephen parties to heavy and does not stay focused and was drawing other teammates into that sphere.

The question becomes who do the Spurs bring up? Kawhi cannot carry all the SF minutes on his own.
Old 04-12-13, 10:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Adam hanga baby!

- Confucius
Old 04-12-13, 10:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Or maybe he and his wife hearts are still heavy from the lost of his unborn child? Maybe he wants to be there for her? Who knows?!?!
Old 04-13-13, 01:45 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUROFTHAMOMENT View Post
Or maybe he and his wife hearts are still heavy from the lost of his unborn child? Maybe he wants to be there for her? Who knows?!?!
Ditto........ Maybe you are correct, maybe he could not get his head in the game again after that happened! That is probably IMO since that was his child who is gone now! I mean that can weigh for years on some! I respect that.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-13-13, 05:29 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Any speculation on who the Spurs can sign as back up before the playoffs?
Old 04-13-13, 08:29 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Wish it would have worked out but his return to the Spurs wasnt as succesfull as we all hoped.
Old 04-13-13, 08:38 AM
SR Team Goof

I'm not up on the playoff eligibility rules, but if the Spurs were to sign someone to fill Jackson's void, would he be eligible to be on the active playoff roster?
Old 04-13-13, 08:58 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
So are there any guys who were waived before the deadline that the Spurs might consider?
The only player who comes quickly to mind is Kurt Thomas recently let go by the Knicks. But would he be eligible for the playoff roster?
Old 04-13-13, 10:46 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

i think any player who sign right now is inelegible for playoffs...but

hakim warrick is signed??
Old 04-13-13, 10:54 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I'm not up on the playoff eligibility rules, but if the Spurs were to sign someone to fill Jackson's void, would he be eligible to be on the active playoff roster?
I believe he would be, as long as he wasn't on another roster on March 1.

Maybe this is my chance
Old 04-13-13, 03:24 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
The only player who comes quickly to mind is Kurt Thomas recently let go by the Knicks. But would he be eligible for the playoff roster?
no he would not and he is out with an injury that's why they waived him.
Old 04-14-13, 12:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Hopefully this means Manu is ready to come back. I think he is the one to see some minutes at the 3 in the playoffs. I also think KL will be playing big minutes--35 to 40. This means that Neal would get most of his minutes at the 2. The line ups shorten in the playoffs, so the way SJax was playing he probably wouldn't have seen much time. Duncan is playing really well right now. Parker looked good against the Kings. KL is coming on strong. Hopefully they had a lull and now will come on strong...