SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Captain Jack released from duties? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/118978-captain-jack-released-duties.html)

Kager 04-12-13 06:25 PM

Captain Jack released from duties?

I got this alert..... Now it is from Bleacher Report but quotes Wojo.
Spurs Release Stephen Jackson: Hoops Rumors

Wow has anyone else heard anything?

MRJONESIII 04-12-13 07:23 PM

So are there any guys who were waived before the deadline that the Spurs might consider?

spurduncan21 04-12-13 09:46 PM

Idn but just saw this on espn. Not much mentioned during broadcast. Very surprised. Something must have happened

spurduncan21 04-12-13 10:00 PM

Well I hope they have a contingency plan. We really do not have a SF other than Kawhi now so this is not good a week before playoffs start. Things must have been real bad in the locker room. Had to be weighin on team morale so pOp pulled the plug. This is upsetting because we all, well majority wanted to exchange his contract for someone at the deadline. He was slower than TD on the court. Should have went all in for Al Jeff dammit. Oh well...

Spurd_On 04-12-13 10:30 PM

My speculation is that Stephen parties to heavy and does not stay focused and was drawing other teammates into that sphere.

The question becomes who do the Spurs bring up? Kawhi cannot carry all the SF minutes on his own.

spurduncan21 04-12-13 10:33 PM

Adam hanga baby!

SPUROFTHAMOMENT 04-12-13 10:40 PM

Or maybe he and his wife hearts are still heavy from the lost of his unborn child? Maybe he wants to be there for her? Who knows?!?!

Rzarector7 04-13-13 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUROFTHAMOMENT (Post 1294768)
Or maybe he and his wife hearts are still heavy from the lost of his unborn child? Maybe he wants to be there for her? Who knows?!?!

Ditto........ Maybe you are correct, maybe he could not get his head in the game again after that happened! That is probably IMO since that was his child who is gone now! I mean that can weigh for years on some! I respect that.

NemesysN4R 04-13-13 05:29 AM

Any speculation on who the Spurs can sign as back up before the playoffs?

billsmith3503 04-13-13 08:29 AM

Wish it would have worked out but his return to the Spurs wasnt as succesfull as we all hoped.

alh1020 04-13-13 08:38 AM

I'm not up on the playoff eligibility rules, but if the Spurs were to sign someone to fill Jackson's void, would he be eligible to be on the active playoff roster?

alh1020 04-13-13 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1294749)
So are there any guys who were waived before the deadline that the Spurs might consider?

The only player who comes quickly to mind is Kurt Thomas recently let go by the Knicks. But would he be eligible for the playoff roster?

JuanCaca 04-13-13 10:46 AM

i think any player who sign right now is inelegible for playoffs...but

hakim warrick is signed??

katyspursfan 04-13-13 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1294792)
I'm not up on the playoff eligibility rules, but if the Spurs were to sign someone to fill Jackson's void, would he be eligible to be on the active playoff roster?

I believe he would be, as long as he wasn't on another roster on March 1.

Maybe this is my chance :)

WILLTHETHRILL 04-13-13 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1294794)
The only player who comes quickly to mind is Kurt Thomas recently let go by the Knicks. But would he be eligible for the playoff roster?

no he would not and he is out with an injury that's why they waived him.

buttsR4rebounding 04-14-13 12:18 PM

Hopefully this means Manu is ready to come back. I think he is the one to see some minutes at the 3 in the playoffs. I also think KL will be playing big minutes--35 to 40. This means that Neal would get most of his minutes at the 2. The line ups shorten in the playoffs, so the way SJax was playing he probably wouldn't have seen much time. Duncan is playing really well right now. Parker looked good against the Kings. KL is coming on strong. Hopefully they had a lull and now will come on strong...