News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-13, 10:00 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Well it is what it is.. So sad to hear this, but there's a reason behind everything that will happen or has happened. The only thing we could do is to stay strong. To never lose hope and to have a little faith.

Cap'n Jack was one heck of a tough player. Even if his numbers were not that great he brought that (enforcer) and he brought such toughness that Spurs SOOOOO MUCH needed!

I am hoping that Pop and Spurs FO have a massive valid reason for this release...

Maybe Spurs now will sign a player from no where to fill in..... You never know....
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-13, 09:10 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

And now the truth begins to come out (although I think we all knew)

“I would never say a player is better than me when I know their (sic) not. Not for no one. #uandiknowwhatsgoingon” Tuesday he revealed who he was talking about: Danny Green and Manu Ginobili. Jackson insists Popovich wanted him to admit Green and Ginobili were better. More than likely, Popovich simply told Jackson they were better. That's why they were playing instead of him."

More at HoopsHype.com
Old 06-05-13, 09:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

and to think many here thought the sky was falling when this happened....

It's good to remember it ain't over till the fat lady sings!
Old 06-05-13, 09:44 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Gotta be tough for a star player to recognize that Time defeats everyone. It's painful to watch guys who were once great (Iverson comes to mind) having to come to terms with this reality.

That said, the Spurs legacy is steeped in great talents who stood aside when Time demanded. DRob made room for Timmy, and Timmy made room for TP. SJax couldn't do it, so it was time for him to move on...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-13, 06:03 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

And Buck Harvey article, via BDL

Y! SPORTS

Quote:
Stephen Jackson flew down to Miami on Tuesday, which is kind of strange because the San Antonio Spurs did the same thing; and also not kind of strange because Miami is just the sort of place that Stephen Jackson would go to pretend that he doesn’t care that the Spurs cut him just before the playoffs two months ago. Jackson attempted to give off that indication to the San Antonio Express-News’ Buck Harvey, telling the scribe that he doesn’t regret his dismissal from the team on the eve of what could have been the second Finals appearance of Jackson’s career.
Why? “Got my money.”
Old 06-05-13, 09:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sounds like the thing that made Jack a valuable player was the thing that ultimately ruined his chances with the Spurs--he had no fear because he was sure he was a star. He just couldn't conceive that he might have to be content with being a role player.
Old 06-05-13, 09:35 PM
The Master Baiter

Well you know Pop gave him the expectations when he was traded. I'm sure Pop never told him he'd get starter minutes. He was, and always has been, about getting his next contract.
Old 06-05-13, 10:04 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
And Buck Harvey article, via BDL

Y! SPORTS

Old 06-05-13, 11:16 PM
Herman Cain of the board

it is what it is. I'm just glad RJ is gone and the Warriors have to pay him 11 million bucks to sit on their bench.