News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-04-13, 10:18 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Tony Parker

Where are you buddy???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-04-13, 10:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Must not be right. Question should be didnt green and splitter improve this year? Judging by this game Kawhi sure as hell did and ready to contribute immediately but Tiago and Green still look intimidated and making careless mistakes. At least we made the game competitive

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-04-13, 11:05 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Tonty with 2 points. smh

Old 04-04-13, 11:10 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Seems a bit banged up right now. I'll talk health all day/everyday over the #1 seed.
Old 04-04-13, 11:20 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Seems a bit banged up right now. I'll talk health all day/everyday over the #1 seed.
I think most would agree with you there.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-04-13, 11:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

We're better off in #2 and having OKC having to go through lac or Mem, which will prolly be Mem. Number 2 would be the ideal scenario. I love our chances against okc and I'm sure the team feels the same basically in the game without Parker, Manu and SJax. Gotta love Kawhis growth, but like I mentioned earlier, green and splitter need to continue to improve

- Confucius
Old 04-05-13, 12:04 AM
SR 2013 Pick the Winner Champ & Rookie of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
We're better off in #2 and having OKC having to go through lac or Mem, which will prolly be Mem. Number 2 would be the ideal scenario. I love our chances against okc and I'm sure the team feels the same basically in the game without Parker, Manu and SJax. Gotta love Kawhis growth, but like I mentioned earlier, green and splitter need to continue to improve
+1
Old 04-05-13, 12:21 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Question is, can we hold on to the 2 seed playing like this? If we don't improve soon, the nuggets and lakers games are auto Ls, hopefully we can get it together a little and seal the 2 seed soon so we can rest everyone for a week or so b4 the playoffs. Round 1 should be easy and serve as a warmup
Old 04-05-13, 12:27 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Yep, I would say you might have hit it dead on there! Win one at OKC IF WE AND THEY GET THERE! Then go from there. We are looking way ahead now though for certain, first things first get through the first round! Get healthy! Then we can talk from there.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 04-05-13, 12:29 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakemxcan View Post
Question is, can we hold on to the 2 seed playing like this? If we don't improve soon, the nuggets and lakers games are auto Ls, hopefully we can get it together a little and seal the 2 seed soon so we can rest everyone for a week or so b4 the playoffs. Round 1 should be easy and serve as a warmup
They need to secure that #2 seed like you said, that is for certain! They need to win the next game! I know they will lose atleast two next week! I feel they end up with 58-59 wins, that should be enough! They need to win atleast two or three more to get it. We have 6 left, please win the next game and then the other home game! I hope they can rest the last game of the year. LA fighting for their playoff lives might beat us, Denver might beat us as well in the next game! Steal one of those though, you are in good.
Old 04-05-13, 12:43 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

im lost.. if sa are 1/2 game ahead... why is 2 seeded?
Old 04-05-13, 01:29 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
im lost.. if sa are 1/2 game ahead... why is 2 seeded?
They are a 1/2 game ahead yes, it's not all lost yet! If they are hurting though why race for it? Let them rest some and get that #2 and be ready or get healthy right before the playoffs and use Round one as a tooling! Look they are not likely to get that round one with the schedule left, this last week has been hell and injuries etc. If they don't get it no big deal, go face the Rockets and try to get healthy! PERIOD!

Most fans though know they basically lost that #1 seed against Miami or that blown game in Memphis, those two games were bigger than tonight IMO and they blew them! PERIOD. I knew they would lose tonight with OKC resting this long and the Spurs all beat up and 4 games in 5 nights, it happens.
Old 04-05-13, 08:27 AM
The Master Baiter

At this point, staying in the 2 spot would be beneficial. They would play Houston, then the winner of Denver and Golden State. With Gallinari out with what I think is some sort of ligament tear in his knee, I like those matchups.
Old 04-05-13, 08:59 AM

Old 04-05-13, 09:47 AM
SpursReport Rookie

well boys and girls, I think we need to be number 1seed regardless who aligns agaisnt us during the playoffs, now that I see all of these teams, I rather see a slow team (FAKERS) than a running team like Houston, Golden state, in the first round, because if we to finish as the number 2 seed then we will see Houston, Denver and then OKC(on the road), fast,strong, athletic teams, we will beat Houston and Denver but we will run out of gas by the time we get to see OKC ON THE ROAD!! I see ourselves losing two more games, Denver and Golden state, we will beat the fakers and our remaining home games and finish number 1, I see OKC losing two more games(tonight indiana and Golden state)we will finish with equal recors but i beleive we get the tiebreaker having better division record.
Old 04-05-13, 11:39 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'd be fine with the 2 seed, if we can beat Atlanta tomorrow, I think it will pretty much seal it. We need Parker and Manu at 100% come the second round, that's more important than the 1 seed IMO so we should just rest tony going forward
Old 04-05-13, 01:40 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

From HoopsHype - Chris Broussard: NBA trainer who doesn't work w/TParker says near impossible 2 get tendinitis in the shin, said if its shin-related is probly stress fracture Twitter @Chris_Broussard

Any word yet on exactly what's wrong? If it's a stress fracture, he's done for the year
Old 04-05-13, 02:07 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
From HoopsHype - Chris Broussard: NBA trainer who doesn't work w/TParker says near impossible 2 get tendinitis in the shin, said if its shin-related is probly stress fracture Twitter @Chris_Broussard

Any word yet on exactly what's wrong? If it's a stress fracture, he's done for the year
If that is true that is saddening and the Spurs might pass a round or two at most I don't like at all the way the year has gone in the last month. They were doing so well and then boom.
Old 04-05-13, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
If that is true that is saddening and the Spurs might pass a round or two at most I don't like at all the way the year has gone in the last month. They were doing so well and then boom.
Could be possibly stress fracture but could also just be shin splints. Stress fracture does not mean he's done for the season by any means. Really depends on how bad the fracture is (if indeed that's what it is). If it's no stress fracture, Spurs can rest him for the next two weeks and he should be ready to go. But, still need a lot more info before we start assuming the worst.
Old 04-05-13, 03:40 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Could be possibly stress fracture but could also just be shin splints. Stress fracture does not mean he's done for the season by any means. Really depends on how bad the fracture is (if indeed that's what it is). If it's no stress fracture, Spurs can rest him for the next two weeks and he should be ready to go. But, still need a lot more info before we start assuming the worst.
Very true, prepare for the worst but hope for the best I am guessing. Good lord this is a long day waiting.
Old 04-05-13, 03:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

TP seemed optimistic judging by his comments in the express news but u can only take so much from what's written in the media. Without him we can get by first round and maybe second round depending on if Manu comes back healthy and whose the competition. But for #5 we need our full arsenal. Go spurs go

- Confucius
Old 04-05-13, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Stress fracture does not mean he's done for the season by any means.
It does depend on how serious the fracture is, but according to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
"How long it takes to return to daily activities varies with different types of fractures. Some tibial shaft fractures heal within 4 months, yet many may take 6 months or longer to heal. This is particularly true with open fractures and fractures in patients who are less healthy."

If the tibia is broken, the odds say Tony's done for the year. I do hope it's only a shin splint
Old 04-05-13, 05:55 PM
The Master Baiter

So is no news good news? They announced Gallinari's results already.
Old 04-05-13, 05:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Lets hope so uwe

- Confucius
Old 04-05-13, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
It's kind of surprising that there's been not a peep out of the team about this so far today. It's almost like during free agency when we never hear a word...
Old 04-05-13, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
It does depend on how serious the fracture is, but according to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
"How long it takes to return to daily activities varies with different types of fractures. Some tibial shaft fractures heal within 4 months, yet many may take 6 months or longer to heal. This is particularly true with open fractures and fractures in patients who are less healthy."

If the tibia is broken, the odds say Tony's done for the year. I do hope it's only a shin splint
Stress fracture is not a typical fracture. Its considered a "micro fracture" that is caused by overuse. It's not even a true fracture and can be healed up as quick as 2-4 weeks. When you're talking about an athlete you could possibly lean more towards the shorter side of rehab. Look it up I'm not a dr but close enough lol really it depends in what the X-rays and MRI shows. Who knows, it could also just be smoke screens and might not even be his shins. As of right now, we technically got no official news....lets just hope for the best!!!
Old 04-06-13, 11:19 AM

Just searched twitter and sounds like TP9 is just banged up a bit. No serious issues, on my mobile phone right now. Can someone please post the official news?!?! Check Jeff McDonald's twitter. He talks about it. This is very good news! He will probably rest for a bit and come back for the last 1 or 2 reg season games IMO
Old 04-06-13, 12:45 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Just searched twitter and sounds like TP9 is just banged up a bit. No serious issues, on my mobile phone right now. Can someone please post the official news?!?! Check Jeff McDonald's twitter. He talks about it. This is very good news! He will probably rest for a bit and come back for the last 1 or 2 reg season games IMO
Yeah I read that too, Jax also said all three will be ready for the playoffs on his twitter. I am not too worried anymore, he is supposedly out tonight with a sore neck lol.
Old 04-06-13, 03:37 PM

espn announced that he was out of tonight's game due to a sore neck and on mysa.com

Spurs Nation
Old 04-07-13, 07:15 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Hmmm seems like Pop thinks he just needs some rest?